Who's dumb idea was it to invent the "Casserole"?

Who's dumb idea was it to invent the "Casserole"?

Every casserole I have ever seen looks fucking disgusting...

your dad

I love it

They’re cheap and easy, good for feeding a large family.

The vast majority of them are flyover-tier canned soup and crushed Ritz crackers bullshit but some are pretty good. Lasagna comes to mind.

Campbell's invented it

your mom

tuna casserole master race, who else loves stinking up the whole world like hot pussy?

Your mother's mother

i love any casserole but that one
fuck what is the matter with anyone who likes that shit

The french

>tfw lazy housewife
>sometimes make casseroles instead of a real supper
heh, nothing personnel kid.

The French.

It's a casserole, it's not supposed to look like 3 Michelin star dining. It's for families trying to budget and provide a nutritious dish with sustenance that tastes decent.

There is no culinary difference between a casserole and a pizza. And I like both.

pizza is too shallow to be a casserole, but I see your point.

cassoulet is my favorite casserole.

You bitch

>Actual autism

Yfw mac and cheese is an example of a simple casserole

At least it not spaghetti or meatloaf for the 100th time!

fuckin love hot pussy right here, my dude

Well if you don't like what I cook, user, then you can starve. You're on my list, kiddo. I came home today from work and you were playing video games with your brother and you didn't vacuum the living room like I asked, and your room is STILL a mess.

Your dad should be home any minute, and he's gonna hear about this, and your using filthy curse words.

Did anyone's mom actually make casseroles all the time? I know it's a cliche but did it actually happen after the 80s?

I mean I love casseroles, but I never had them as a kid.

>It's yet another "[blank] is shit because of my inane cultural associations for it"
And yet if someone were to say that Lasagna is fucking disgusting because of the Olive Garden a dozen people would gawk and harrumph at him.

So your mom made shitty casserole when you were a kid using canned campbell soup, canned corn, canned vegetable medley and canned chicken.
That doesn't preclude people from being able to make good casserole; a dish with literally infinite different combinations of ingredients to suit any possible desired taste.

Literally never had a good casserole. One of the best parts of growing up his not eating lazy housewife meals anymore

I love my oldest sister and all but her favorite dish to make at family gatherings is this tatter tot cream of mushroom type casserole. It's so freaking bad for you I eat it out of pity I think. It's good if you'r hungry tho.

Knocking an entire preparation method because you've had a couple of bad examples is idiotic. Casseroles don't have to use Campbell's soup as the base.

Any flyover-tier recipe like that can easily be improved by making the whole thing from scratch.

yeah, but then you have to make a fucking soup, construct tater tots, etc. etc. and the labor is far greater than just having a simple meal.

I didnt grow up eating them, and I have no illusions about the quality, but they are pretty good when done right. Canned soul replaces with real scratch made sauce/gravy, decent ingredients, etc.

white people

Casseroles freeze REALLY well, though.
Cook in bulk and make 2 or 3 meals at once.

>They’re cheap and easy, good for feeding a large family
just like your mom

My niche is taking disrespected American standards and elevating them. A casserole is s good as what you put in it. Replace canned veggies with fresh ones, packaged gravy with homemade, throw in some leftover rotisserie chicken, and spice it like a pro, you can make it good.

The casserole was introduced when American women had to start working as much as their husbands, hence, having less time to cook dinner. Huge marketing push byCampbells, and boom, there you go. It's also a good way to easily provide an easy meal for a friend or neighbor who just lost a loved one, or has a new baby. It's a cultural thing.
Casseroles go quick in MYHOUSE, though. My kids are picky as fuck, but if it has noodles then they're good to go. Probably another reason they are popular.

I mean, shepard's pie is basically a casserole. Perfect way to throw some leftover meat and mashed taters into a new meal. Do you guys realize how exhausting it is to cook dinner for a bunch of assholes every night of your fucking life?

Greenbean casserole is the best.

wow, seriously? fuck white people

I don't get it. All the casseroles I've had have been pretty good. I've only had them cooked by myself though. Are negative experiences from casseroles just due to shitty mothers? I don't even get how some one can say ALL casseroles are bad because you can put literatally ANYTHING in it.

>looks
Might want to taste it too before shitposting

>Do you guys realize how exhausting it is to cook dinner for a bunch of assholes every night of your fucking life?
Soulless harpy detected.

You're not supposed to look at food you flaming faggot, you're supposed to eat it.