A Meatloaf restaurant

So my grandfather passed away recently, and I am spending my inheritance to open a meatloaf-only restaurant. I have already rented a space and the equipment is being moved in now as I type this.
We will have a revolving selection of different meatloaves, to please every kind of palate.
What are some good meatloaf recipes?

>larping as someone opening a meatloaf restaurant
>claims to have the space and equipment already
>doesn’t have his recipes prepared
Fuck off

Will you have at least one vegan alternative?

> Im gonna open a meatloaf restaruant
> hey guys how do i make mestloaf
jesus christ

Yes, it's made entirely from different varieties of locally sourced organic beets. I call it.... the Beetloaf.

I guess I should have been more clear: I have some recipes already. Very good ones, no ketchup glaze on any of them.
I was hoping some kind anons would care to share some faves, maybe an old family secret?

>Very good ones,
>no ketchup glaze on any of them.
Pick one.
Why don't you give us a list of all the equipment you bought that is being moved in at this very moment so we know what to work with?

My mom used to put oats in hers and I thought it really improved it

lambloaf wellington with a spinach-feta layer between the meat and pastry. bonus points for stuffing the loaf with a couple of soft-boiled eggs if you have te mastery.

Mine's pretty basic and won't be of any use to you but whatever
>1.5 pounds ground pork
>2 eggs
>1/2 cup oats
>1 medium diced onion
>garlic salt, black pepper, Worcestershire, maybe some red pepper flakes
>under the broiler til the top browns a bit
>350 for 30 mins
>ketchup on top and back under the broiler til the ketchup blackens a bit
Fuck you guys, I love ketchup on my meatloaf

i know this is bait but maybe give this a quick google before you spend your inheritance on it
that said,
meat
breadcrumbs
eggs
salt
should get you started pal

Meatloaf is fucking disgusting
Fucking flyover abomination

Meatloaf is delicious. Either you haven't had it since you grew up or you're still a child.

Baito desu.

Ground turkey
Egg
Stovetop stuffing instead of breadcrumbs
You can call it trailer park thanksgiving
Wala

I fucking hate this current trend of putting those twitter captions underneath every single image even resembling a "meme"
>this is how you're supposed to feel when looking at this image
It's like a laugh track for memes, absolutely abhorrent. REEE

Stovetop stuffing instead of breadcrumbs has been adding extra deliciousness to my meatloaf for years. Glad I’m not the only one.

bruh

Ive actually tried it. Its not half bad

Do you crush it up first? If you don’t you have chunks of soggy bread inside. Not the best.

Yeah but you dont want stovetop dust

This sounds delicious with a cranberry glaze.

It's not going to work. Your grandpa will be rolling in his grave seeing that you spent all of his money. A lot of people don't even like meat loaf, no matter how it's prepared. I sure don't. I've almost never been to a nice restaurant, nor a trendy spot, that ever served meatloaf.

Just burn the money, you’ll get a better return on your investment

Do hotdogs count as meatloaves, I think you should serve hot dogs. ground meat, seasonings, bread onions ketchup, its thr same ingredients when hou think about it.

You could run radio ads saying "Come
for a treat, and taste my meat".

And for vegheads you could
serve beet loves, and beet dogs, gotta cater to veggies.

Oh and 100% Halal, gotta be halal these days, "of course we're Halal madam, I torture the animals myself to make sure they die
as inhumanely as possible." -yum

It's the new demotivational. Time is a flat circle.

While I appreciate the advice, I am set on this. Here's the thing: I have been working at various careers over the years, only in pursuit of monetary stability. The whole time, I have wanted to break free and work for myself, it's been a long held dream.
If I always chose to do everything for monetary stability, I may as well keep working in this law office. Better for me, to follow my dreams .

Probably won't be as popular if you are on the coast but here in the south I had a meatloaf once that was amazing. It had a smokey sweet bbq glaze on top, it was smoked until it turned into a crust right before burnt.

Also personally I love a little dab of sour cream on the side with my meatloaf. I'm probably crazy but I just love the contrast of tangy cold with that hearty heat of the meatloaf. If this thread isn't bait I wish you luck OP. Follow your dreams and don't give up.

>work for myself = making meatloaf that no one will buy

Maybe actually sell a product that will keep you in business?

Why would anyone ever order meatloaf? You can make that shit at home for like an eighth the price. The only time I can ever see meatloaf being sold is to truckers stopping in a roadside diner.

just get rid of the place and spend the money for good memories. I would just get a nice place to live and cheer to my grandfather everytime I crack open a cold one and enjoy the fuck out of life.
how stupid can you be.

I eat meatloaf at this one Irish pub I go to. It’s good, but not fantastic. The reason I order it is because the portion size is huge for the price. Also, nothing else they serve there is very good. I don’t really know why I go to that pub sometimes...

why would you ask Veeky Forums for you're own restaurant recipes lol, shouldn't you be like good at cooking meatloaf

>You can make that shit at home for like an eighth the price
This is true on nearly everything

He’s larping.

Because it's a comfort food that most people grew up with but nobody really makes anymore? The real question is why (assuming not BS, which is a big assumption) OP spent all his money to open a restaurant and is only now going on Veeky Forums to ask for a recipe for literally the one item he's planning on selling.

Even if you this wasnt bait, a meatloaf restaurant is not a good idea.

As long as it doesn't have communal tables.

This, i would probably visit it every once in a while for some loaf if it's made well enough, isnt too expensive and you can get some nice smashed potatoes with it.

It could sort of be like a cheaper steak-restaurant, instead of expensive steaks you have a cheap slab of meatloaf you could cut up into slices, fry up and serve to customers with a sauce in addition to more traditional filled loafs.

Most people cant appreciate a good steak anyway so as long as you get them to come once they might even become recurring customers.

Preferred over crackers. Pro tip: Never use uncooked rice hoping it will rehydrate while baking.

Plain burger is never the best, mix your meats and get the ratio of binder correct. Season appropriately as it is a roast of ground meat. I am not supplying a recipe, get crazy. The stovetop idea sounds great though ground turkey and chicken have a shit consistency.

>to follow my dreams
Meatloaf restaurant is a stupid dream. It's to humble a dish to do a legit New American take on. It's suited to more of a diner kind of place than an upscale one. Diner like places are going under. It's the upscale places that make money. And you can't take meatloaf upscale. So you won't make money with this dream.

I've had meatloaf at a number of "nicer", if not quite upscale places, that just give you a really nice, moist, large portion with well executed starch and veggies on the side. I don't see how it's much different than a nice place having a burger option, though starting an entire meatloaf themed restaurant seems like a terrible idea.

The burger option at nice places is a relatively recent development. Before chef-y burgers became a thing a decade and a half ago many nicer places only offered burgers at lunch, if they offered them at all.

The big difference between burgers and meatloaf is public perception. Everyone eats burgers - poor, rich and everybody in between. Meatloaf is a working/middle class dish almost exclusively. Even the upper middle class don't get the appeal of meatloaf, and it isn't something rich people eat. But it's the upper middle class and above who go out to eat at nice places. The middle and working classes love meatloaf, but they're not as well off as they were 30-40 years ago. They're not eating out aside from fast food/casual. So the problem with a meatloaf concept restaurant is that it doesn't appeal to the people who spend the most money eating out. It's appeals to the kind of people who eat out less and less because they can't really afford to.

Yeah, you're totally spot on. Then again, most of my family is upper middle class, and my parents are boomers who grew up eating meatloaf in the 60's and like occasionally seeing it on a menu. There's also a kind of dive bar that actually has world class rotating beer taps that has a solid meatloaf sandwich on the menu that I love ever chance I get.

>tfw it's my one night off but the place with the meatloaf sandwich is closed on mondays