Gin Martini

What's the best gin for a martini, and who thought using vodka instead was a good idea?

For me, it's Gibley's London Dry Gin. The Best Gin.

>What's the best gin for a martini
Hendricks is my personal favorite
>who thought using vodka instead was a good idea?
girls and fags who don't love the beautiful taste of christmas trees that a good gin delivers

For me, it's Junipero Gin and I use a 3:1 ratio with dry vermouth and a dash of orange bitters

I like Hendricks as well. A couple others I use are Bombay Sapphire East (or regular, just enjoyed the "east" one) or citadelle (french, but I don't see that as a bad thing like some people I know do).

>who thought using vodka instead was a good idea?

Ford's Gin is pretty fantastic

>junipero
My nigga

Find a local craft distiller that you like, odds are good they'll kick the shit out of the soulless mass-produced market-appeal garbage that every bar uses. I like Bluecoat and Sly Fox. Vikre makes some cool stuff. Keep drinking different gins until you like them, find out what works for your palate.

Tanquery when I have the dough. For a long time, Booth's in the freezer was a serious got to.

Like the juniper. All them other botanicals don't cut it for me, for sipping.

Tanguery has given me danger and bad choices, and angels' kisses, and hot pussy and a homicidal acting bride, and as Booby said, i dron't drink gin nymore, cuz I fight my friends."

go to the liquor store and ask if there are any gins from your state available. If not, Hendricks, Tanqueray No. 10, and Hayman's Old Tom are available in most places and are all top-tier.

It was actually Hemingway. The martini was originally just an excuse to drink pretty much straight liquor while still pretending it's a mixed drink like everyone else is having.

I like beefeater, I know a lot of people have a problem with the flavor for some reason but it really is my favorite gin for making martinis.

Two shots of beefeater, two tablespoons of dry vermouth, a couple dashes of angostura bitters, three olives and a splash of olive brine is how I make mine

That would be way too much vermouth for me, and you should be using orange bitters. It doesn't spoil the color and does more to set off the flavor.

I will try this sometime I always see little bottles of bitters at the liquor store checkout that I wouldn't know what to do with and orange is one of them

I've been using Gordon's Gin for martini's.
It's probably not the best choice but it works ok if you drink it ice cold.
I'm on a budget because I'm saving up for a jet ski.

Vodka ended up becoming popular with (I believe) Newspeople due to the lingering smell of junpier that would be left on the breath after having a traditional martini. With the now more purified vodka having no real discernable smell it was an easy substitution to make

Source: The Bar Book

what brand of orange bitters do you use? I've never tried that in a martini but I feel like it'd be pretty good.

Is alpenbitter any good?

Hendricks, lemon peel, and then I think about vermouth for the perfect martini

I like Rangpur

Good man. Wetter the better

Not the original guy, but in the cocktail fan community Regan's Orange Bitters are the favorite

wonky looking bottle, but amazing bitters

hendricks with a cucumber

i had a hendricks pickle martini with a Gorgonzola-stuffed olive that was quite enjoyable.

*burp* hey *burp* hey mortyyy
I *burp* turned myself into *burp* a pickle martini mortyyyyyy
*burp* IM MARTINI RICKKKKKKK

I'll just leave this here.