Thoughts on liquid smoke?

Thoughts on liquid smoke?

how does it even work?

dip a cigarette in it and blow the smoke at your food

It's decent if you want to give a smoky flavor to something that you don't have the ability to smoke. I add it to my jerky marinades.

Isn't it a really bad carcinogenic?
Banned in some countries.

Burn some logs, collect the ashes as they scatter throughout the air, and then add a little bit of water and mix thoroughly. Additional spices are optional but usually added as well.

I am pretty sure the manufacturing method is literally smoking water, in the amount needed for flavor it's just as carcinogenic as any smoked/charcoal barbequed food. I wouldn't doubt that there's some bullshit nanny laws somewhere on earth designed to protect the bottom the gene dumb enough to use it by the bottle even though less than a teaspoon is already overpoweringly flavored

Makes things smell heavenly. Great addition to chili.

That can't be healthy.

Eh. Worcestershire lends depth and tang the same way without the fake and overly sweet..

Good for cheating at certain recipes, a handy shortcut but no substitute for actually smoking foods when trying to achieve excellence. But if you want your crock pot barbecue or chili to taste smokey and you don’t have the access to a smoker, it works pretty good.

Perhaps ironically, using liquid smoke is considered much less potentially harmful than eating actual smoked food.

Good for homemade jerky

Or you could just cook over charcoal

i had a real genuine guffaw
thank you

i drop a couple teaspoons in a pot of pinto beans or something, it works pretty well
not too much though, easy, or you'l literally get sick to your stomach it's weird

yeah i'll do that here in my living room in manhattan you turd
i didn't want to go on living anyway

>he pays $3000 a month for a broom closet and doesn’t have a balcony
Not my fault you need to be surrounded by Jews

dont blame others for your life choices

>he doesn't have a yard
ahahahahahha

I use it all the time.
It's great to add to hamburger meat.
Pic on left related.

Yes, I've got one.
Is the good smoke/bad smoke divide due to the difference in wood or the addition of additives?

find me a yard in manhattan i dare you
it's called the park and only homeless people live there

>not taunting the homeless with the smell of smoked meat

that's not bbq sauce
lump charcoal hardly adds smokiness like wood

i mean i could but i'd just get raped and end up meatless
yet still,
filled with meat

The additives. You don't want added sugar and shit to fuck up the flavors you're working with.