How many people do you think have sliced open their thumbs by following jacques pepin's technique for peeling garlic?

how many people do you think have sliced open their thumbs by following jacques pepin's technique for peeling garlic?

youtube.com/watch?v=1y5h1pDHhzs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDC5jso9RUQ#t=1m05s
youtube.com/watch?v=kFaypkwEXh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't understand the need to peel it so gingerly.
Why not just lightly crush it with the flat of the knife? You don't need to use much pressure to split the skin a little so it isn't like the clove will be smashed.

jfc what's the point, you can do it much quicker and easier and not make your hands reek by just smashing and chopping like a regular person

I don't understand the purpose of cutting things in your hand. Why not just use a cutting board?

People who spend decades using a paring knife aren't afraid of cutting into your thumb. Two reasons, the inherent muscle memory and the callous you develop on your cutting hand on your thumb. It's like a big toe eventually.

why would you intentionally fuck up your thumb like that

His method is faster and more efficient.

what's wrong, your boyfriend insists you keep soft smooth hands for when you jerk him off? working men have calloused hands

>This is garlic.
youtube.com/watch?v=EDC5jso9RUQ#t=1m05s

Not enough

Insert thumbnail into top of clove and pinch off the hard bit.
you now have the dry skins which you can peel off as you want.
Knifefags.

Damn, it never occurred to me to cut off the root end before peeling. Then again, we use pre-peeled garlic at the place I work.

how did you not figure out the 2nd time you cut garlic that the root is holding it together?

I dare you to listen to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=kFaypkwEXh4

Well, usually when I slice garlic I like to leave the root end intact because it holds the thing together...

>pre-peeled garlic
wat

>le at-home 20 something youtube self-taught (((cook))) pretends to be retarded in the face of standard practices done by restaurants that make food he can only be bitter about never replicating

Almost as bad as fast food posters.

I'm not pretending to be retarded, I just never thought that was a thing, since peeling garlic takes like 5 seconds
why are you so defensive? do you have some kind of complex concerning your workplace?

I'm a cook. Of course I have a complex concerning my workplace. Fucking hell.

You sound like you work at taco bell, calm down before you have a stroke

>I don't understand the purpose of cutting things in your hand. Why not just use a cutting board?
this is the only part of the video I didn't understand... there's a cutting board right there, why not use it?

It's a 3rd world thing that's still around in places like France with smaller knives like the paring/bird's beak.

Peeled garlic comes in big plastic jars, makes making garlic-heavy dishes and pastes a lot easier. Pre-minced garlic is also a thing, but the liquid it's stored in ruins the flavour.

>It's a 3rd world thing
Yeah, I always see people doing it in Indian and Middle Eastern videos. Never made sense to me.

my mom cuts everything like that, olives, carrots, whatever
she's never cut herself but i think it's because i've only seen her use a steak knife

I cut mine like that and I never cut myself.
Maybe not use your sharpest knifes for this.

Just microwave the garlic for 10 seconds and then it all slides out

Do people really need a knife just to take the skin off garlic?
Using a dull paring or steak knife and cutting totally wrong (I'm not even talking not knowing the best techniques, I mean straight up retardation) is so common in women who are bad at cooking. I think a better idea would be to just not point a knife at yourself.

it's 2018, fuck off with your lower hominid bullshit