What is the point of aluminum bottles?

What is the point of aluminum bottles?

cheaper than bottles?

Some people prefer the form factor to cans, but don't care about material I guess.

Tastes better than plastic

Bottle shape without risk of skunking from sun exposure. Also, concert venues and sporting events don't have to deal with cleaning up broken glass and ripped/crushed cans.

Who the hell sells beer in plastic bottles?

Miller and Coors had 16oz wide mouth plastic bottles for a while. I think they came in 4-packs. Havent seen them in a while though.

More Alzheimer's

Do Americans really drink bud light?

Why not the regular Budweiser?

Weight savings and better thermal properties than glass.

Of course, they sell the beer for the exact same price no matter what container they sell it in as a trip to Wal-Mart and a bit of knowledge in regards to beer production reveals they probably have the exact same cost on any of the various containers they have.

I thought most aluminum bottles are lined with plastic. Anyways, I prefer glass and steel over aluminum and plastic

As a nation we pride ourselves in not being overweight slobs, that's why.

>I thought most aluminum bottles are lined with plastic.

Plastic is still porous to a degree and will let things pass through it. Its why a softdrink in a plastic bottle will go flat after a few years. The gases literally pass through the plastic bottle over time leaving the drink flat.

Aluminum still leaches into whatever you are drinking out of a can.

It hides the BPA in the liner

>implying they don't just pocket the difference
>implying they would pass the savings on to you

>bud light calories/12 oz - 110
>regular bud calories/12 oz - 143
>when I drink 10 beers of light I saved 330 calories.
You've got far more issues than just being a fatfuck, dude, I suspect you're from the inbred south where bud light empties litter the highway and every white is either a fatfuck or skelly meth addict.

Us Americans don't care for quality beer, we prefer to get drunk no matter what

Wal-Mart is pretty consistent on delivering price reductions to customers. Considering they usually have the best prices on alcohol in my town I accept that beer as a commodity product is probably going to be similarly priced no matter what container they put it into.

Some 40s come in plastic now.
Glass allows light to get in and fuck your beers shit up. Aluminum is a bro that aint havin none of that shit.

You have to drink an extra one or two to get the same level of drunk though.

aluminum pros:
- relatively strong (but easily dented)
- good barrier to CO2 diffusion
- easily recycled
- contents cool rapidly
- can have labels painted onto them

aluminum cons
- opaque
- more expensive than other options like plastic or glass

alumeme bottles

>reviving thread just to say this

If you drink 10 beers it would be 2 extra beers yes.

Preach it Schlomo.

Why are cans the cheapest way to drink in Canada?