Where poke?

got two of these in the oven rn, going to flip in 20 minutes. When I poke them with my thermostat, what part do I poke them at?

Also, started them at 425 degrees but noticed online that most people say 350-375 so I lowered the temp after they'd been in for roughly 10 minutes. Also browned them on the stove before putting them in to get some poultry juice to make a a butter glaze with redewine, poultry sweat, and butter I'll pour over after.

the thickest part (uhhhhh thicker)

>where poke

It doesn't matter. They're going to be overcooked anyway.

but why?

where the word thigh is

They don't look overcooked yet to me, and this is 30 minutes in.

why the foil nigger

Iy'ain't gonna dirty my Red Coppa cookeh shiet!

temperature was roughly 180, im thinking i needed more salt and some lemon.

oh okay, you're brain damaged, that explains it

It tastes like canned tuna and ketchup, but in a good way?

165F and its a done deal.

Looks like a sloppa of the shietta

Was my second time baking chicken, I posted my first time last week. desu I'm probably not going to do a cut like this again, some parts cooked more than others and I wasn't crazy how it turned out unless I was making a sloppy bbq chicken samich or something. Next time I will stick to one type of cut and try not to have it too hot starting out like this time.

dude it's already in a pan, why the fuck are you putting a layer of aluminum foil

DId you get center temps of 165? that looks kinda underdone.

-I clean everything I use while I cook, if I can minimize any of it I will.

That was before I put them in and moved them over to my makeshift pan. I put two small pans under it to catch the grease and it worked for the most part. I bought my Red Coppa and another cheap cookie sheet so I wouldn't have to rely on that anymore.

are you cooking on a fucking broken mirror now

oh, ok. sorry.

was last week and was tin foil.

you cook it at 400F all the way through otherwise you get sloppy skin. And you cook it until 180F for them tender thighs and legs. cooking to 165 is too stringy, and dark meat is still juicy at 180F.

165f is where people go "mmmm that's juicy", 180f is where they go, "yeah that's tasty".

As long as nothing is pink, you're good.

Pretty much this. You can't overcook thighs or legs. Blast those bastards at 400 for an hour, they dgaf.

The last thing I want when cooking dark meat is juicy chicken. I want tender, flavorful, succulent meat bathed in rendered fat.

I'm amazed people can cook on Veeky Forums. This is perfect.

This is why when you spatchcock a chicken it doesn't come out with uneven doneness. The legs are smaller but the dark meat has so much more fat. Jacques Pepin's recipe is perfection.