Fruit preserves

What's Veeky Forums's go to preserve? Just bought pic related and it tastes like sugar jam. Way too sweet.

In the US it is practically impossible to buy jam/jelly/preserves that aren't made with HFCS instead of sugar.

The brand you posted actually uses sugar. It is a bit sweet, but I still buy it.

Bonne Maman raspberry is really good.

I just swipe the ones my mom makes during summer harvest from her shelves when she's not looking.
Damn good in oatmeal.

>Tfw not having your own berry farm to enjoy mom's homemade summertime jam

This shit is the bomb with tart cheeses or as the filling for a turnover.

>tfw mom enjoys as you jam your own berries into her summer home

Bullshit. You can buy real jam anywhere.

Jalapeño.

Strawberry, because I used to pick them by the bushel and my mom would make strawberry preserves and shortcake.

>Bonne Maman raspberry is really good.
This. Clearly OP has shit taste.

Really? I have that same brand but it's peaches and it doesn't taste sweet for me.

My nigger.

Make your own. It's cheap and easy

Bonne Maman is my go-to. I rotate through their fruits. Sometimes I'll order cloudberry jam from the Swedes.
Also if you have sizable farmers' markets near you, keep an eye out for local onion or pepper jam, shit is BASED.

Right now this is pretty much my go-to strawberry jam. I don't really use jam often though, maybe I should buy something higher quality.

This shit is good. I used it to make berry buttercream a while back

Are you retarded or have you just never stepped foot inside a supermarket

Check out your local farmers market.

Agreed on that brand. I've noticed you can't really trust any fig jam either in that regard as they all taste like sugar with honey, with or without seeds and chunks.

I don't buy jelly or jam very often but I remember liking this one from Dollar Tree, don't judge. I was pissed when I dropped the jar and the last 35% was riddled with shards. Pic for price comparison.

Oh, as a side note it was a product of somewhere in the middle east, can't remember which ran or stan it was exactly and that fact came as a surprise to me.

>There are people using this board RIGHT NOW who buy jam instead of just making it themselfs
Not only is it the easiest thing in the world, it also saves you money and tastes better.

aspartame
I don't eat sugar goop

Post respy

jam is cheaper then buying berries unless you're lucky and live near a farm and even then it has to be the right type of berries IE lowbush blueberries not highbush tasteless garbage

pear/apple butter is great to make tho since its cheap to make and tasty as fuck perfect way to learn how to make jams/preserves

strawberry

What resipe?
With berries you just make the mix you like, add vanilla mark, lemon juice and a metric ton of sugar. I usually use about 50/50 fruits and sugar, but you can taste and mix how you like it best.
Boil your jars and lids aswell before filling them with the still hot jam.

Of course texture of how fine the fruit will get mushed is to everyones taste so do as you like.

It's called a garden.

Oh and I forgot too add that you could also use xylitol instead of normal sugar. It is unironically good for your teeth.

I just want a preserve where you taste the actual fruit instead of the sugar.

>I live in Europe but I'm an expert in American culture and commerce

Lingonberry jam is tasty!

this modern upcycled gardening image gave me a boner

The only thing berries cost you is time if you bother to go out picking them in the wild late in summer.

fischer & wieser fredericksburg peach preserves. this is the best peach preserves eveeeerrr. All natural. no preservatives. whole slices and big chunks of peach.

>brought preserve
>tastes like jam

what did you fucking expect you mong?

*holds up sp0rk*

>every week one person in the office must bring snacks for our weekly meeting
>one girl brings her mom’s habanero jam and serves it with cream cheese and crackers
>shit never lasts the full meeting and she’s always swarmed by people asking to buy a jar from her mom
>her mom refuses to sell the jam because she has no confidence in herself and always says no one will want to buy it

We’re literally asking to buy it from her and she won’t fucking give it up

Has anyone tried explaining that to her?

Get the cherry variety you goddamn retard

>t. lardass who has never bought groceries anywhere other than walmart

with a name like Shhhmuckers

Bad

Mediocre and expensive

Clearly the only right choice is homemade jam

Based deutsch user coming thru

Post more garden pix

I guess I used to like the Aldi raspberry jam, but I make my own these days because it's far better. Raspberry/orange is pretty godly, as is vanilla/pear.