Memes aside, explain this to me:

Memes aside, explain this to me:

Why would ANYONE spend $5+ on a burger from a fast food joint, (This means ANY joint, Mc Donalds, Burger king, Whataburger, In N Out, you name it.) When you can get a good quality burger from any standard restaurant for the same price?

A. You get a burger made from a good cut of meat, Well tenderized and seasoned, thick and juicy, with good presentation, and good variety of flavor, Higher selections of bread, Fresh cheese, and fried vegetables that are crisp tot the teeth, with excellent service

VS.

B. A piss poor-pre-frozen hamburger patty thats already been formed,, then re-fried, cheap white bread hamburger buns, and a sorry excuse for "Cheese" in the form of a flat orange rectangle, slathered with shit like iceberg lettuce, and unfrozen pickle chips

Like okay, I get fast food is like, convenient and all, but is it really worth wasting $5 for a shit tier experience, instead of sitting down and having a real meal? And don't act like burgers are expensive, Most restaurants have decently affordable burgers at $6-$10

And before you ask, Yes I'm californian, and Yes In N out is not an "Experience". it's jsut as shitty as every other "Fast food" joint out there.

For me, it's the Big MacĀ®. The Best Premium Hamburger.

Because they're very consistently OK.
I get almost exactly what I expect every time I go to a fast food place. When I try random non-chain restaurants, even the ones where I got good food in the past, they inevitably give me bad food at some point in the future. I don't like gambling with my meals.

OK, is it $5, $6 or $10?

This pretty much.
It's just better.

$5 for fast food, $6+ for actual restaurant quality.

>COnsistently okay
Either you're memeing me, or you just have awful taste, because the oils, salt and mass amount of butter they use is most certainly "Not okay" It feels awful just going down the throat, it's either too soggy, or too crunchy, and because they sit in a hot bag, its always the first.

Youll be hard pressed to get a 1 dollar burger from literally anywhere that isnt fast food. Even diners have food cheapest at like 2 or 3 bucks and definitely not only 1 for a burger. Most restaurants I go to charge atleast 7-15 (at maximum) for any burger and if you asked for a 1 dollar burger theyd probably give you an atom thick piece of meat on stale bread.

You can spend 20 bucks at a grocer and get all the ingredients to make the patties and buns themselves and maybe a topping or two. But there is no way in hell you could do it for 1 or 2 dollars.

Thats the point of fast food. Its less than 5 dollars for a small to medium amount of food that tastes like super processed fatty shit and not like a regular burg from a diner or anywhere else.

Except that $1 value meal thing isn't a "Burger", it's a 1/2 sized patty on a bun with cheese. Its a mini burger, not a full course, and certainly not a meal by any stretch of the imagination.

No thanks ill just buy ground beef and make better burgers than the restaurants

See, thats also a better option. So again we come to the question: Why would anyone pay $5+ for one fast-food quality burger?

>Why would anyone pay $5+ for one fast-food quality burger?

I don't.

Aaawwww poor babby sawys itds two crrunncy and soooagy. booo hooo

A double double hardly quantifies as a good burger, It's half the size of a standard burger, Drenched in cheap thousand island, and overly salted with low grade iceberg.

As someone who is passionate about food, you're damn right I do. I'm appauled you don't. Food isn't just sustenence, it's an experience that one should enjoy, no matter the cost, But enjoying poor-quality fast food for a price when better alternatives for that price exist, is just silly and plain stupid.

Convenience is literally the only reason people get fast food. That is it. Everyone knows better food can be had. But you don't even have to get out of your car to get it.

>Restaurant quality burger for the same price as fast food
Maybe in the central interior desert shithole you haunt, but not anywhere with an ounce of property value.

>Implying wherever you live has higher PV then CA.

Cute.

Are you from 1960? $5 is monkey snot now

You asked "Why would anyone pay $5+ for one fast-food quality burger?"

What qualifies for a fast food quality burger then? You can not like In N Out I get it but surely you aren't implying anything on McDonald's or Burger King's menu is higher quality than a double double.

And surely you aren't implying In N out's menu is anything above the same kind of trash Burger king,. Mcdonalds, KFC, Jack in the Box, Carls Jr, and every other fast food joint chain out there.

Double quarter pounder is better to me, but to each his own

I'm sure that the nation's highest property values are in New York City

If you can buy restaurant quality food at fast food prices, then you don't live anywhere spectacular. Quite the opposite.

So what are you getting at? I said a double double was a FAST FOOD QUALITY BURGER for less than $5 and your counterpoint was hurrdurr doubledouble not real burger.

I can enjoy the entire spectrum of food because I'm not a child nor a have an inferiority complex.
go eat a McChicken and live a bit

>Most restaurants have decently affordable burgers at $6-$10

Where the fuck do you live? Here any non-fast food burger is 10-12 bucks

This.

I live in upstate NY and they want $10 for a hamburger at fucking DENNYS for gods sake

>Here any non-fast food burger is 10-12 bucks
plus tip

Time, maybe? I have a 30 minute lunch break and the closest hamburger options are fucking fast food. They're always closer aren't they, such bullshit. Anyway, it takes me 5 min to drive to either Jack, Mc, or BK, less than 5 min to get the food served, 5 min back to work, and I'm left with about 15 minutes to eat and talk with my boss. I've gone the extra mile to the restaurant, and spent the extra 45 minutes it takes to both get there, be served, eat and get back to the office. Not really worth it because I set my schedule so that I'm out by 4:30 and can get the fuck out of the city before 5 o'clock traffic unleashes. When I do the restaurant thing, I have to stay until 5 to almost make up the lost time. I still don't get the full 8 hours, and on top of it I get to drag ass down the roads for all the fucking cars going slow in my way.

Mostly I just take leftovers to work though because fuck all this mess. However, I don't always have leftovers to take, and due to the reasons above - shitty fast food wins the priority more than real restaurant.

Just fast for lunch and spend the money you save on a nice dinner.

people are idiots/sheep dude. You must be new to this site because every board on this site is about roasting normal people in its respective category on how sheep-like they are. This whole country operates on bullshit and hype.

And you must also not be in so cal, cause you literally cannot get a burger for less than 8 dollars at a legitimate sit down restaurant down here. But I still agree with your theory cause even a standard western bacon cheese is close to 8 dollars with tax down here now. Thers no incentive to go to carls or BK now

Bro, I am really skinny and tall. I seriously MUST eat about every 2 hours or I am just fucked up. There is no way in hell I'm skipping lunch. I'm the skinniest person in the building (granted, there are only 10 of us) and I eat the most in quantity and most frequently.

And nice dinner? lol, I'm unhappily married.

>>And nice dinner? lol, I'm unhappily married.

I know how you feel bro. My wife would cook tendies every night if I allowed it

Depends where you live. Here in Seattle, where cost of living is high, I agree; especially if you're getting fries + a drink, fast food is hardly cheaper than a restaurant burger. When I was living outside Jacksonville a few months ago, the prices were way cheaper, similar to what they were in Seattle a decade ago. A McDouble + McChicken + Big Mac would cost me roughly what a Big Mac alone does here.

The other factors are convenience (obviously) and familiarity.

Drive-through convenience mostly. I've been known to just whip through any old burger joint in my path so I can steer with one hand and nosh with the other when I've got a long haul ahead of me and I don't/can't stop for a real meal.

>passionate about food
lol gay

because five bucks isn't a life breaking amount of money to your basement dwelling sister sniffing ass?

Nigga I only got 3 dollars

No table wait, no tipping obligation, convenience, faster, easier to transport.

Stick to the soy and avocados

Have you tried the new dollar menu at McDonald's? How about a Sausage Burrito?

>user: on a road trip - lunch time
>hungry; let's get something to eat
>how about McD's
>No thanks I'll just buy ground beef and make better burgers than the restaurants
>user stops at grocery store spends $20 on ingredients, forgets condiments
>Nothing to cook burger with
>Trip to store, buy grill, fuel, utensils
>Finally, $150 later user enjoys his lunch at 7 a.m. the next morning.
Good call

>Why would ANYONE spend $5+ on a burger from a fast food joint, (This means ANY joint, Mc Donalds, Burger king, Whataburger, In N Out, you name it.) When you can get a good quality burger from any standard restaurant for the same price?
because you can't fucking do that you retard, real restaurant is more expensive

Every visit to a fastfood joint is another disappointment. Every few years or so i'm reminded why i come there so little.

Dude a double double at in n out is $3.45 and pretty good. What are you talking about?

You guys know Wendys double stacks are a dollar each right now right?

>Implying you need anything more then ingredients and an open fire, and MAYBE a pan.

You'd die in the wilderness cellphone boy.

$3.45+ tax might as well be $5.

So you are going to cook ground beef using only an open fire (MAYBE a pan). That'll definitely be better than something cooked with an appliance made for specific things, like burgers.

>A flat top sheet of metal
>Designed for burgers

Uh huh.

How high do you think sales tax is that it'd jack up a $3.45 burger to $5?

It'd be $3.70, and there's no tax on it if you get it to go.

When I'm driving cross country, I don't have time or the desire to sit down and eat every time.

>All sales tax is the same everywhere
Double double Burgers are 4.65 here. Stop living in central america

>is it really worth wasting $5 for a shit tier experience, instead of sitting down and having a real meal?
Yes.
I would much rather eat cheap food of any quality in the comfort of my own home/car than undeniably more expensive food with "good presentation and variety of flavor" in some crowded restaurant that I'll be stuck in for 45+ minutes, half of which will be spent waiting for my food to be cooked.

what in the heck has happened with this post

>poor-quality fast food for a price when better alternatives for that price exist

That's the thing they really don't.

I own a grill so the only burgers I pay money for are fast food burgers. If it ain't for convenience then I'd rather just make my own.

Sales tax in Commiefornia is 7.25%, and doesn't apply to take out orders. As far as I know, 7.25% is on the high end of the sales tax spectrum (I live on the east coast and it's about 7% flat in my state).

Where the fuck do you live that you're paying $4.65 for a $3.45 burger?

Do they even have in n out in central america?

You're preaching to his choir.

Speed and convenience, obviously. You can't figure that out for yourself OP? A restaurant takes at least 10-15 minutes to prepare your food. You have to deal with a waitress, sit at a table, or at least wait awkwardly if you're having takeout and probably the only person doing so.

Fast food is simple, consistent, it takes minutes to get your food and there's minimal social interaction. It's pretty easy to see why its popular.

I totally agree with you on this. That Big Mac third bun and their special sauce has always been more meme than substance. Meanwhile, you have a double quarter pounder (half-pounder?!?) with just the right amount of bread and pickles. Plus, you can add some mayo to it and make it extra delicious.

Hit me up with a Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese, please!

Only drawback is the price difference. I think it is almost $2 USD higher. Totally worth it, however.

Even better? Pic related, in coconut oil, with salt, pepper and freshly cut veggies, pickles, and pimentos.

if restaurant burgers were as good as you say they are for the price then why arent all the burger joints out of business yet?

>It feels awful just going down the throat

No, it feels awful going down YOUR throat. Don't lump everybody else in with your babby digestive system. You're like the people who get the explosive shits when they eat taco bell. Get over it or see a doctor. Most people are fine with it or enjoy it.

Forgot pic.

>7.25

We're 9%.

>appauled
I'm "appauled" you don't have spellcheck.
>Food isn't just sustenence
That's because it's actually sustenance.

>Latching on to typos when you have nothing else to fuel your argument

The sad state of Veeky Forums trolls in 2018.

>better than restaurant
>A campfire
Yup, just gonna throw some burger in the coals and hope for the best.

>the oils, salt and mass amount of butter they use
Those things are added exactly because the vast majority of people like it.
Fast food franchise leadership made the correct decision to cater to what most people like to eat instead of catering to weird tastelets like yourself who can't handle flavor.

That was my argument, that you should get spellcheck. Or really that you should just know better than to think "appalled" is spelled like it has "Paul" in it. Are you twelve?

Also bullshit that they're typos, "appauled" and "sustenence" are clearly examples of you not knowing what everyday words look like and unsuccessfully trying to work them out phonetically. The "u" key is nowhere near the "l" key and the "e" key is nowhere near the "a" key. You fucking liar.

lol I'm not even the dude you roasted, I'm just pointing out how sad it is trolls think typos are a legitimate argument in discussion

If you can tell me where I can have a restaurant quality burger for $5 after 10pm I'm all ears. Cheapest I can find are a minimum $9.

I'm not making it an argument against his fast food complaint so your argument isn't valid.

Your local campfire

For those of us who don't live in shithole cities burgers are typically like $10+, but usually about $13-$20.

Not that I disagree with you though. Fast food is shit tier. I don't eat it. It's corporate mass produced hormone pumped garbage made for the American population aka cattle which led to obesity. Fuck fast food joints.

>Eating burgers in the car

lol wtf do Americans really do this? How fat are you?

Yeah on long road trips I just load my passenger seat up with burgers and eat one after the other

What I want to know is how you can eat without needing to take a crap two seconds later?
Fuck, sometimes I even just eat while on the toilet so I don't have to run.

>not having a hopper and chute system installed in car for hands-free burger consumption.
Amateur

normal adults just wear diapers

test 1, 2 burger maggots

>When you can get a good quality burger from any standard restaurant for the same price?
That's a load of bullshit. You'd be spending close to 9-10 dollars.

Fast food isn't to blame for obesity. But yea, hormones might play a part, due to obesogens. However, they're also in supermarket meats and groceries in general, from plastics and soy products, etc. However the main cause is obviously sugar, especially from drinks like soda. And also our sedentary lifestyles, which not only cause us to burn less energy, but in turn cause us to unconsciously consume more.

Its very easy to blame places like McDonalds, but really it's faulty logic. A burger really isn't that different from a sandwich made at home, calorie wise.

They charge $10 at the restaurant + tip

speed
retard

>same price
Because even though $7 and $13 are both $5+, one is quite a bit more than the other.

And the portion sizes I mean jesus fucking christ you guys

Yeah, why not? Only when you aren't able to just bring them home and eat there. Eating fast food in a car is superior to eating in the restaurant itself. Don't have to deal with all the nigglets and you can listen to whatever you want.

The best fast food burger is the Double Meat Whataburger and it's 4.50.

>When you can get a good quality burger from any standard restaurant for the same price?
Here the price difference between a meal with drink and fries at McDonalds and a burger with fries (no drink) at a burger restaurant is two dollars (the restaurant being the more expensive one in this case). In most cases I take McDonald's since I can't be arsed to wait for a burger in a restaurant most of the times.

What I want to know is, when did Chinese Buffets become so fucking expensive? Fuck

Because I get the drink and fries for 6 euros whereas I have to spend over 11 euros at a regular restaurant

>euros

I've always felt full service burgers are terrible with the exception of steak and shake. They buns are always too much, too big, they always have too many toppings which fucks up the flavor profile, they usually put some cheese on it like cheddar which is fucking terrible on a burger because they think not using American makes it better, and the meat is always bland and even worse, not greasy. A burger is supposed to be greasy. Don't give me a meal that's half assed because it's two percent healthier. You are objectively wrong, OP, and the obvious fact here is that you don't actually like burgers. Go spread goat cheese on a pita and shove it up your ass.

this post reeks of obesity and poverty

I'll take that as, "this guy doesn't want to pay more for a meal that tastes worse than the cheaper alternative." It's not like I go to Waffle House to buy a steak, but I wouldn't go to Sam Seltzer's for waffles over Waffle House either.

>I'll take that as, "this guy doesn't want to pay more for a meal that tastes worse than the cheaper alternative."
no, you should take it as "this guy is an obese poor loser that doesn't know shit about food and has awful taste"
because that's what you are
imagine wanting to eat fucking plastic masquerading as cheese, wanting bunlets because your mouth is tiny, and thinking burgers are supposed to be greasy instead of juicy

High property value is not a good thing after a point.

Probably around the same time 300+ lb weight became common.

"Restaurant" burgers here are 7$ for packaged buns, mealy tomato and industrial patties, if I want a actual quality burger from a restaurant that give a fuck about the product it's more like 12$.