How did this happen?

How did this happen?

I am gay

poor people drink lots of cheap beer

Light beers are such a poor return on your drinking dollar.

Remember chronic alcoholics are the vast, vast majority of alcohol sales so youre basically just looking at what alcoholics prefer, that's all Big Alcohol is centered around.

its a numbers game. you go to an upscale bar you'll see 6 dudes drinking 6 different micro brews. you go to a ballgame or a lower bar you'll see hundred people drinking pitchers of bud or coors.

Mass marketing. Popular =/= good

Lol, alkies don't drink watered down beer. They're expensive as fuck per alcohol content.
They drink vodka or strong beer/cider.

Not every alkie wants to get utterly shitfaced as cheap as possible.
Plenty of alkies will buy a crate of shitty beer and drink all day.

>Americans prefer pisswater beer
How is this news? It’s not like they are renowned for having good taste.

Wrong
Right

>Yuengling
>#19 out of #20
pop pop til you drop body full of bullet holes

It's not available everywhere that's the problem. Yuengling was my right of passage as an American, a beer I was willing to fight for.

Now I live on the west coast and every time someone hands me a Corona I want to die

> straw-ber-rita beer

oh dear god no

mmmm water with beer flavor

Out of curiosity what do you guys consider the highest ranking best beer in this image.

Europoor here so I suppose Heineken

Popular NO.
Cheapest YES.

Wow, 1 beer on that list that isn't complete garbage and it's in the 19th spot.

Busch

Cost and availability.

>how did this happen?
its the goddamn mexicans, thats what happened

Heineken is vile swill not fit for human consumption.
I'd sooner drink Bud Light, at least that shit's flavorless and inoffensive. Actually, for that same reason I'd drink Bud Light over every other beer on that list.

did you really not think this has pretty much always been the case OP?

honestly that was the only thing that surprised/disturbed me

No one said poor people were smart people, user.

for taste probably Modelo
but personally PBR

Are you saying poor people are bad with money?

GIMME A HELL YEAH BROTHER

False. Not everyone is a binge alcoholic. Some are steady drunks.

Easily miller high life. It's what bartenders drink in Chicago when they get off work, which says something.

Poor idiots buy stupid crappy shit.
I'm poor too but support my drinking problems with handles of Burnetts vodka at $13 each. I get 40-something shots for what they pay for a 12-pack.

You can find all of those except YL at a Walmart in the middle of nowhere.

>Miller High Life not no.1

I agree with this. If Yuengling was available in every bar and retailer that offers beer across the country it would easily come in the top 5. It's sad because it's the one beer on that list that isn't pisswater and is typically around the same price.

I live in Michigan and the vast majority of people don't drink anything other than local craft brews.

Same for a lot of New England.

High life

Why do people pay so much for Corona?

>Only at number 10 do Amerilards seem to start drinking halfway decent beer.

Pabst and Yuengling are kind of nice, though.

>Easily miller high life. It's what bartenders drink in Chicago when they get off work

It's also the cheapest and/or the place they work gives them it for free.

Last bar I worked at it was free Schlitz when you got off shift so there'd be 10-20 people sitting at the bar drinking Schlitz for the last couple hours before close.

Other places will give you any drink of your choice then half off of everything, etc. so chances are they were paying at most $1-1.50 for those High Lifes. Not including ones on the house.

In Missouri you'd be hard pressed to find a country gas station or bar that serves any thing but bud products.

get a load load of this chucklefuck thinking his post has any weight to it

Why isnt Tuborg #1?

It doesn't matter what your 3-6 drink/week split between 150 variations buddies do, they don't affect the chart. The 52yo dock worker who polishes off 12-18 bud lights every night does. Even if the all the people drank the same craft beer under that scenario, wish obviously isn't close to the case, it's still takes 18-35 of them to match the drunk dock dude

Never really said otherwise. It's just useful to note that the chart doesn't apply to all of America. Like you said, there are different things to consider.

It contains taste, americans don't like that

That's what you think, tastelet. Why else would we slather our food with toppings?

>tfw drink purely local dark beer sans special editions like Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal stout
God I wish they made that shit year round
Tuborg is fucking trash pilsner, even Warsteiner is better

Advertising. American culture as a whole is just one big advertisement.

Because every american topping is 99% HFCS. Seriously, do you even remoulade?

I prefer marmalade, faggot!

Haha americunts want their beers tasting like cola.

I'm an Australian, I'd probably buy Budweiser if we're the cheapest of these options.
We do have pbr here but it's around $50 per 24pack.
Everything else there, I've never heard of.

>people are attracted to mediocre, well-known brands

Imagine my shock

>Tuborg is fucking trash pilsner
True I'd rather have a Hof

Tuborg er bedre end Carlsberg.

This. I'm willing to bet if you looked at the top selling beers from other countries, it would look very similar, just with mediocre well-known cheap shit from that country.

>bud lite lime straw-ber-rita
I cannot imagine having to order that with a straight face.

Is that the same as what they call tartar sauce or is that something else? They seem to use it the way we use remoulade anyway.

Lol nej

Den dag du bliver voksen forstår du det.

Because they are the largest breweries and distributors.

Your local craft beer probably only is available in a one or two state area while InBev and MolsonCoors have distributors and breweries in every state of the union.

The more surprising thing off this chart is that Yuengling is in the top 20 when it is only available on the eastern seaboard.

Da jeg arbejdede som fejedreng i en legetojsbutik med en smugkro i baggården drak alle de hojtråbende irriterende hof mens de afslappede analyserende velovervejede drak tuborg. Hof smager også af vand...

Wait, what?
Light beer has about 4-5% ABV for about $1.10-1.30 each
Craft beer has about 5-8% ABC for about $1.80-2.30 each

Craft beer is about 144% the alcohol of Light beer, but almost 200% the price.

>Best bang-for-your-buck at the bar is Long Island Ice Tea

ITT buttblasted craft fags don't like that other people buy more light beer than their local no name beer

Craft beer is a dying fad and when it's gone all these faggots will surely kill themselves.
#Brightsides

Because when you're drinking shit beer you're typically drinking 30 of the fuckers
Of course the numbers are gunna be huge

I don't know, Miller High Life should be much higher on the list.

I prefer a sauce gribiche with my tête de veau.

Compare to regular strong beers instead of craft beers, like 8-12% in 50cl cans.

good... I'm glad it's dying. Hardly any of the brewers knew what they were doing anyway. They were like 7 year old playing with a chemistry set hoping to make something cool.

Bud light platinum hands down. And it's 6%

Why are you even drinking if you don't enjoy the taste?

>not buying the equivalent of ~7 beers for $2.50

oh lawdy!

Been drinking a lot of IPA's recently and why the fuck do they go so hard on the hops? I get that that's what an IPA is but jesus fucking christ tone it the fuck down.
Regular beer doesn't have enough alcohol content for an alcoholic like me.

>He thinks Yuengling is any better than PBR or High Life

i share this type of alcoholic autism

Yuengling has added caramel coloring. That's why it's darker.

Heineken's up there for sure, but I gotta go with High Life.

The insane amount of hops is to disguise how shitty the brewers are at making beer. It's not how IPAs are supposed to be. Try Samuel Smith's IPA.
The same problem exists for imperial stouts.

>20 most popular beers
>only 3 beers in the jpg
>those 3 are crap
friggin maths, how does it work?

they are all piss but Heineken won't get you looks, and PBR may be for hipsters but if I'm getting shitty in a trailer park that's what I'm reaching for

omg i wanna be just like you. how do i get such impeccable taste in beer? your counting abilities are like genius tier. do you make money by disliking popular things or does it just make you seem even more cool?

Nobody actually drinks any of those beers. They're all garbage.

>do you make money by disliking popular things or does it just make you seem even more cool?
It's both. I'm a certified and highly payed PhD (Popular hate Dispenser) and yes, I'm also very cool and getting cooler by the day.

i just grabbed 148 light beers for $34.02
im going to throw a 'kegger' in slab city come monday/tuesday
you all are welcome to join

Guy you're replying to I had one of these too on my last computer. With price factored in as well so there was a final score that was price/alcohol

#1 was Grocery store brand vodka
#2 was Camo which I posted
I think 3 was a 30 pack of whatever
#4 was a 6 pack of 16 ounce cans of Natty Ice.

Just going off of places within walking distance. I should remake that and include distance walked into the final choice. Grocery store vodka is furthest and requires a mixer and Natty Ice i closest so I wind up there the most.

>no super bock

Plebs.

Either PBR or Modelo

That's a road no one wants to go down.

Asahi

Heineken is shit.

Corona is the best beer ranked in that shitty image.

PBR

Absolutely disgusting taste, but all the people they surveyed are probably dirt poor trailer trash so it makes sense.

this.
Yuengling is awesome cheap beer

Yunegling is the only one that is palatable. All of these fags saying shit like "High Life" or "Heineken" are retarded in an unironic sense.

Yuengling is the best, PBR is a close second. That's not saying a lot though, they're all pretty similar cheap beers.

top kok

Light beer is the diet cokes of beer. You don't see thin people drink them

I enjoy the taste of good beer.
None of the beers in the OP are good beers.

Nobody cares about you cock suck beard licking soy sucking gayboy quirky sentence long beer name queer shit. Give me a shiner and fuck off.

Bud Light/BL platinum