Are you considered a regular anywhere?

are you considered a regular anywhere?

do they know what you want when you walk in every time?

The owner of the kebab store gives me free chips or turkish bread sometimes. Otherwise no

I was a regular at this bar where this girl I was fucking worked. And another time I was a regular at a sports bar near my house. That Cheers song is kinda true.

>walk into bar by my old house
>sit down
>glass of Yuengling put in front of me without even asking
>"should we put in an order of wings?"
>"long island?" after the wings and beer are gone

I'm an alcoholic, So when I go to the closest liquor store the store owner instinctively asks "how many" when I walk in the door, Then I say 2, 3, or 4 and he gives me 2, 3, or 4 handles of popov.

Never any judgement or small talk, I like it that way. Middle easterns know how to run a liquor store properly

I've been at the same weed store/coffeeshop 3-4 times per week for 4 years

I never get the same thing anywhere so while I am a regular at a few places, nobody knows what I want

There is a wine store near me where one of the sales guys speaks the same language as me as far as what's good and what's bad, so when I ask him to suggest something I know he'll steer me right. That's about as close as it gets to "know what I want" although I only ask him for help maybe once a month

Everywhere I go I'm irregular, I've long since given up trying to fit in

I'm a pretty big deal on Veeky Forums

Monday Wednesday and Friday at 4:45 pm before work I go to the same Taco Bell, get 3 beef quesoritos and they can finish the order for me and know my face

Coffeeshops, not the touristy ones in fucking Amsterdam, are really comfy actually. Everybody is a degenerate and most are fuckups. Still I never got to staying in one and smoke there.

Who hurt you?

bruh I'm a regular all over the fuckin place
I go somewhere twice people are like oh this motherfucker

The cashier at my grocery store has stopped asking me if ii have one of these stupid cashback cards.
Does that count?

how do you guys stay cool being a regular somewhere?
>get incrediblely anxious and guilty if i spend less than i previously did
>get dysphoric when the cashier/worker recognizes me

I am a regular at a few places. At this one burrito shop they recognize me in line and my food is done by the time I get to the cashier to order. At the meat counter in one of the local markets they ask how many sausages I want today, usually with a joke thrown in (it's the only place in town with semi-authentic in house veal sausage). Most of the cashiers know me as well and will stop and chat if the store isn't busy.
I think it helps that I'm the sort of person that will go to a restaurant try a couple of different items the first few trips and then decide that this is the place where I get X, so I am pretty predictable. Also helps that I can put up a pretty passable facade of being an outgoing person.

>how do you guys stay cool being a regular somewhere?
It's never been a problem, the people are always nice to me, and as far as spending more or less, they never seem to care either way.

at my mom's place

Fuck no, when people start to get friendly i stop going.

same, sometimes bbq chicken wings

Ok Ebeneezer

lol me too. fucker

i'm a regular at a couple asian restaurants but they're pretty casual about it which makes me happy
when i get welcomed back that's usually the last time i'll go to a place for a while

As someone who worked in a place mostly visited by regulars, I can assure as long as you're pleasant, the workers are happy for your continued patronage.
Unless you're talking about a fast food place, of course.

Theres nothing wrong with regulars, but..
I fucking hate entitled regulars who'll assume everyone knows exactly what they want everytime they walk through the doors; even with new employees who have never met them before.

Thank fuck I don't work in that shitty industry anymore.

I pop bye 7/11 every other day and all the cashiers know me.

>work downtown in a big city
>lots of casual lunch places
>cashiers usually start to recognize me after a couple months
>take that place out of the lunch rotation until i notice they have a new cashier

I was 23 and home from the Air Force with my new wife. My parents wanted to take us out to dinner. I love seafood. Dungeness crab and steamer clams being my two favorites.
They took us to an all you can eat seafood buffet at a place called Tug Boat Annie's. I leveled the place. I was there about 3 hours and it was mortifying to my wife. People were coming out of the back and pointing at our table. "That's him over there". It was like I was Homer Simpson. A waitress even came over and said something like "I've been allowed to offer you piece of Prime Rib if you'd like it". I declined and just kept going. Finally my wife was squirming so much and we were laughing that we started to make a scene. I just called it and said we could go. I honestly could of stayed a lot longer.
Dungeness and I go way back....I just don't fill up on it. My dad tells a story when he was stationed at Whidbey Island on the Navy base. They had an all you can eat buffet on Friday nights. He said I did so much damage one night that they tried to charge me as an adult instead of a kid. I was like 10 years old. So yea...I have a history.

I've been an alcoholic since my brother was killed, At 19 I started drinking daily. 30 now

Great copypasta user

>Pic related

I meet with the gf here about once every week or fortnight after we finish work.

I don't even need to ask for my order, the two barmaids know it already.

>"Bulmers and a sauvignon blanc user?"

Sometimes we just nod at each other. It's comfy as fuck.

Yeah, at a small pizzeria where they cook them with wood fire in a brick oven, been going there for years when I was a kid with my parents and I still go these days. They know what I usually take but they still ask out of politeness and it's great since I don't always take the same. Most of the times mozarella + figatelli though

My deli guy knows me. I usually get the same stuff every week.

Why is this always posted with that unrelated image?

3 bars in my hometown.
Everyone is runned by my friend, everytime I come i handshake with the owners and say hi to other guests since they're mostly old friends from school.
They know which beer and vodka I drink and what pizza and meal I like

Chinese takeout place. The owners were these cutthroat chinese people you always hear about. The owners would straight up tell business men to fuck off everytime they were trying to sell something to their restaurant. I pop in and I get told "10 mins!" feels good to not have to order even made the husband laugh which was weird cause they always looked pissed off. Though i dont live as close anymore I still miss those damn chinese people.

yep

Fair enough.

Yep. At least once a week I order 24 bone out Buffalo medium wings from Pizza Hut. Pretty much everyone there knows me and is pretty friendly to me. They know I want a plastic fork and two ranch cups from the bar.

I also order one or two pizzas a week from a gas station close to the house, but I shit you not I've never had a better pizza than this station cooks. I usually go there around 1 AM drunk off my ass on Saturday nights. Pic related

Restaurant, not currently. I am sure some of the shops I go to recognize me, because I always go to them after work at the same times... To get to the point, eight years ago I would go to mcdonalds most nights. It got to a point where they would know I wanted extra ketchup. They were always nice and prompt. But when I know for a fact the employees recognize me and know my pattern, I cut ties, and defuse into the dark.

Yeah this korean food truck on my university campus. I always get their bibimbap with extra egg and extra kimchi [spoiler]and the cook is super cute i want to date her but have no idea how to make it happen[/spoiler]

when it gets to that point I'm officially done with the place

but have you had their pizza sober?

You know what site you're on right?

I miss going to a weed store that was near where I lived. I don't miss living in that area though. But that weed store was great.

I go to a sushi place that is literally around the corner from where I work. The guy always brings me hot tea now cause he manages to recognize me but for some reason the waitress there doesn't give a shit that I come in all the time.

I'm taking a break from the place cause their oysters made me ill.

Pic related is so fucking good though. It's hard to stop going.

I'm a regular at the dive bar I'm at right now and a couple other places. The bar is the most important place to be a regular, I can't stand going downtown to some place where the bartender is lazy and doesn't give a shit about you or your empty drink. The bartenders here know exactly what I drink and when I want it

>but have you had their pizza sober?

Fuck yeah it's great all the time. And don't get this confused with those thin crust single slices you see for 3 bucks by the counter. Order a pan pie with extra cheese and whatever toppings you want and you're in for a hell of a tasty time.

There is a place where I live that they know my order. Not because I go there often but because the guy is in the Guinness book of world records for most food orders remembered or some shit like that. I can show up after 8 months and he knows what my usual is.

Fuck yes. Cunt Brothers makes a delish Buffalo chicken 'za

Hell yeah my man. It sucks that they only sell those ones for a limited time here though.

>closest one to me is in Colorado
fuuuck.

I'll take your word for it.

Cupbop

>Mfw I go there aswell

Nope. Does going in the Walmart neighborhood market around 11:30 when I get off work every couple of weeks count? I have an AA home group, and a job, those are the only two places I regularly visit.

Old folk mcdonalds regulars are so fucking depressing. They'll sit int he lobby drinking coffee and watching fox news from 7 am until noon, occasionally making creepy remarks to the server girls. It's clear talking to mcdonalds workers is the only human connection they receive.

You two should meet up and touch dicks.

Yeah I've noticed this too. I don't really find it depressing though, at least they are getting out of the house and enjoying their day. Better than being cooped up in some nursing home.

There's a bar near me I go to frequently. I'm too autismo to talk to the owner but he knows what beer I like and automatically brings me one when I come in

>are you considered a regular anywhere?
Yeah, a few places.
>do they know what you want when you walk in every time?
Nah, most places I go back to a lot are places where there are several things on the menu I like.

>from 7 am until noon
People actually sit at mc fucking donalds for 5 hours? Surely you jest.

lol I guess you could say they are lovin it!

Ba da da daa daaaa I'm lovin it!

Haha

>

like user said it is usually just old people drinking coffee, and eating breakfast. i suppose its knid of like going to a diner, that for the most part are non existent besides fucking waffle house. maybe its a reflection of their generation. i dont know

Oh shit, now you'll know who I am if I go in.

That's slightly creepy.

How did you deal with the bread shortage BTW?

At subway in the morning for breakfast.

Forgot to add they already know my order before asking me.

tfw i dont want to become old cause of this

tfw it's society's fault with the way they treat old folks

The Italian deli down the road gives me extra meat on my sandwiches sometimes, but I order different stuff a lot

nah, usually they were trash for their whole lives and continue to be trash

If people start recognizing me that means I go there way too fucking much and I stop going.

you shop every couple weeks only?

it's okay. I want to fuck my married teacher and have no idea how it's gonna happen

as far as knowing my order i used to go to quiznos pretty much everyday for lunch when i had my first job in highschool at a grocery. it was in the same shopping center and owned by an indian woman and her family? or other indian workers. this one girl was always there and usually knew what i wanted, on one or two occasions i actually said 'give me the usual'

there's a tiny corner street caffe called the village near where i used to work, the bartender stopped carding me after a while and usually was ready for my typical rum and coke.

I have a few different disguises I wear so they don't recognize me. I have a full makeup kit and a variety of hats, fake beards, mustaches, and colored contact lenses I use.

I like to keep 'em guessing

If a person recognized me somewhere i would never go back

There’s a small bar in my small town that sell $5 burgers. I usually go on my lunch break from work and get one and a couple beers.

My friend used to be a waitress at her mom's Vietnamese restaurant. It's a pretty comfy place, it's tiny and usually almost empty when I go on weekends. Her mom doesn't really speak English but she always comes out of the kitchen to say hi anyway. The food is great, sometimes I'll just let her decide what to make me. The salty lemonades are excellent too.

There's an Indian place I used to go to with some frequency. I stopped going for a year or two, and when I came back the owner was so happy to see me.

I go and once a week now and he gets a big smile on his face when I show up. Feels no good desu. I ask for a half portion of rice and he charges me half price for it to match, he's a nice guy.

Damn that sounds comfy

Probably about once every 10-12 days or so unless I forget something. I usually spend about $50 on produce, rice, beans, flour etc...

The only places I can afford to eat at regularly would be shitty fast food like McDonalds. And I try to restrict my intake of that as much as possible.

I'd love to be a regular at some place semi-decent though. Sounds comfy.

>salty lemonade
is that piss?

Live and study in a college town about 5 minutes from Jimmy John's. My apartment isn't very common for orders, so anytime the address goes through, they always know
>Beach Club
>Powerade

>live in the suburbs of a commuter town
>everything near me is a soulless chain
>because it's the suburbs it's also far as fuck to walk anywhere

I don't wanna be a regular because I have autism. Because I live in a small town it's impossible to go to any place regularly without being noticed. So I never go anywhere.

At a chinese ramen place near a place I work, their braised beef ramen is good.

Live in the city then faggot

There used to be this Indian stand on my way to work that was run by this sweet old Sikh couple. They would usually start boiling the milk for me every week when I was scheduled to get off work so it would be ready for me when I came in. They also would prepare some of their family-style dishes every once in a while that they thought I'd like. One time they gave me a whole tray of Indian pickles to take home for free. They gave me a lot of free stuff over the years, actually.

Faggot up your suburbs, commusexual.

Hunt Brothers perfected pizza. My gas station has that shit, too

Sitting in a mcdonalds isn't better

I don't leave my house OP.

I space my visits, take-outs and deliveries between restaurants apart enough for them to never become familiar with me