I’m going to tell you guys the truth.

Texas barbecue is overrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xGjJQQCfqNY
moonlite.com/
oldhickorybar-b-q.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why? Overrated means nothing by itself.

It all is. Right now it's just a place holder for the next big fad.

Their “rub” is nothing but salt and pepper

Let me guess, you went to Franklins or some other hipster shit place. You deserve whatever you got.

That's completely untrue.

All BBQ is for tryhard fags. Anyone with a backyard grill can do it, it is not special, it is just cooked meat. Then all the different people bitch about which basically cooked meat is better than the other basically cooked meat.

Also sauces are disgustingly sweet and are used to cover up basic cooked meat. People brag about this shit, it is sad.

>never had real bbq
Your ignorance is not as important as other people knowledge.

I worked at a Mission Barbecue briefly and their recipes were utter trash. So many bulk cans for everything, way too much butter, may too much sugar, and salt. How to make the beans taste good? Just add a scoop of fat renderings from the brisket that was soaked in the dead sea and then add even more salt to it. Cross contamination and poor management across the board. Every new location opened has a team of trainers comprised of managers from around the country and each one is confident in a different way of doing everything. Shit pay. Shit food. I hope the former Under Armour and Outback execs lose it all.

Just because you say it’s untrue doesn’t mean that it’s not true, champ
This is the dumbest thing I’ve seen on Veeky Forums today. BBQ is an art and a staple of white southern culture

Do you partake? Have an example of your culinary master pieces?

Anyone CAN bbq, not anyone knows how to do it right. Literally the same for any fucking food. There is shit food, and good food, that's it. If you can't tell the difference or don't care about the difference that is all well and fine, but pretend there isn't a difference.

Don’t mention a fucking chain restaurant in a bbq thread, faggot

>Just because you say it’s untrue doesn’t mean that it’s not true, champ
But the opposite is true too.
>Franchise restaurants have generic food
Gee who woulda thought

Biggest mistake I’ve seen from bbq noobs is they try to over complicate things.

Yes, it does mean it's untrue. I've eaten more bbq in Texas (and everywhere else) than you can imagine in your tiny pea brain. There may be some shitty bbq places in Texas that only use s&p to rub the meat, but those would be the few exceptions to 100s of other places that have their own recipes for rubs that include much more than that.

I’ll kick your fucking ass, kid

Arkansas barbecue is best barbecue.

t. arkansan

The only people who get more buttblasted about their mediocre food than europoors is Texans.

>Arkansas
That's a funny way of spelling Georgia.

True, have attended barbecue festivals in Oklahoma most of the meat was too dry and flavorless.
But damn I love my state fair smoked turkey legs!

The local place was no better, raw crunchy potatoes salad, overly salted and dry meats, stale cornbread, etc. Had the same kind of shit going on as the chains food wise, faggot.

Nobody's really been that upset so far, in this thread at least.
>have attended barbecue festivals in Oklahoma
>Thread is about Texas BBQ
thinkingemoji

Regardless of your opinions, Franklin's in Austin only uses S&P and some cider vinegar and they are considered peak Texas BBQ so a bunch of spices in a dry rub isn't really essential

Franklins is hipster trash, and everyone fucking knows it. Peak my ASS, shortbus.

carolina bbq is best, not the areas with mustard shit though

For a chain it's not that bad, but you're retarded thinking they're gonna make peak bbq

Gtfo with your vinegar shit

Nah I never said I thought that they would offer legit fare, it was more of an observation of their shittiness.

>staple of black southern culture
ftfy. It was approprpriated by whites who proceeded to ruin it.

Don’t take the bait user!

>put meat on grill
>flip a couple times
>cover it in liquid sugar
BBQ is the >tfw too intelligent of cooking, get off your high horse

Exactly. If blacks are doing it well how fucking hard can it be? See very many black Michelin chefs?

>grill
>flip it
Nigga, you DUMB.

>put meat on grill
>flip a couple times
Holy shit you're an idiot, and it's even funnier because you think you're not.

>Hurr durr
youtube.com/watch?v=xGjJQQCfqNY

There are plenty of places in north carolina too that swear by only salt pepper and vinegar. The only place I've been to that INSIStS on additional ingredients is Kansas City, not that there's anything wrong with that, they do make good BBQ

You're being weird

is it still called barbecue if you just put it on the grill without bbq sauce? what is the verb for cooking a hot dog on a grill?

raw doggin'

>LOOK AT ME IM TROLLING XD

Butbthat moron was talking about Texas bbq, not Carolina bbq. There's big differences in both meats, wood, seasonings, and sauces. (Both are good, but different). In Texas, most places put pride in having their own rub mixtures, which doesn't necessarily mean they use a shit ton of different spices, but it's more than salt and pepper.

That's grilling, not barbecuing.

You calling me. Moron you faggot? I’ll beat the shit out of you bitch

I've never really heard it in movies/series, it is always bbq

Sure thing, big guy. Moron.

I wish my girlfriend would let me eat red meat.

I suspected as much

texas has the best bbq
if you have to drown your shitty meat in sauce for it to be good its probably not very good bbq

I agree completely.

Just because it's the best form of barbecue that ever existed does not mean that it is perfect.

brisket is overrated
pulled pork, ribs, snausage, and pork chops are always great in texas

>north carolina
where in texas is north carolina located?

In your mom

Texas-hating liberal snowflake here. Wet brisket is the best barbecue, and Texas does brisket best.

Carolina style pulled pork is a close second.

A. That is literally not how it works
B. You can make anything sound easy by reducing it to three things

>pick up chalk
>write quantum physics equations on board
>solve them

>Steak = BBQ

Kill yourself. You don't have the first goddamn clue what youre talking about

saw a video on bbq competition and winner had a bottle of this that he squirted on everything.

BBQ is redneck "cuisine" and should not be taken serious.

BBQ is black cuisine and you are a racist, kill yourself and follow your leader... sweetie

It was a long day of moving, unpacking the Budget Rental Truck at my brothers new home, yet another transplant from California - a place where he never belonged; rather than mimicking a typical California expat moving to a big city, he moved to the piney woods of Deep East Texas for solitude, homesteading, and a life of Americana.

After the moving was done, I cracked a budweiser, fed the dogs and had a seat on the couch; as the dogs ate, I heard some snarling in the background, I turn around to find my brothers pit bull savagely attacking my little chihuahua. After the altercation, I found his mouth had been snapped in half. I put the beer down, hopped in the truck and drove all over looking for an emergency vet - this was life or death blood loss.

They were able to save the little guy by suturing his mouth back together but warned me that he may not be eating solid food for a few days depending on how he managed. When we left I was famished. Driving down the country road back to his house I saw "Bodacious Barbecue" and decided to stop to finally try it to get myself some food and a little snack for my non injured dog. When I started eating, the meat was so god damned tender, I knew my little injured pupperino would have no problem eating something that essentially liquified when entering the mouth hole. It was absolutely delicious, the doggos loved it too, and the injured one got nice and full off of a bunch of Texas Barbecue.

Shit's fuckin' good, man. Overrated? I've never had anything like it when it comes to barbecue.

Spotted the Kansas City Faggot

wow thanks for showing me how easy it is to cook barbecue user
can you teach me how to draw an owl next

You're pribably the kind of texas faggot who masquerades as an italian gramdma and screams and wails about beans in chili. Your state is the literal septic drainage field of the US and the sewage vapors have fucked your brain.

Who hurt you fAm

>brothers pit bull
You’re a failure as family for not talking your brother out of that purchase

texas is by far the best state.

you're a failure as a family for talking your mother out of the abortion.

brooklyn was a mistake

American barbecue is terrible, gaucho/argentinian is much better

>pit bulls arent nig-
Oh

fag

>All BBQ is for tryhard fags. Anyone with a backyard grill can do it
>backyard grill

>lets burn and overcook everything!
Yeah Ok

I've never been too big on Texas BBQ either, mostly because it's all about beef and IDGAF about beef. But BBQ doesn't have to be, and probably shouldn't, be complicated. It's poverty food, created to turn too tough or too fatty cuts and scraps into tasty food via low and slow cooking and smoking

>>backyard grill
you can smoke roast with indirect heat on a weber grill, retard.

There's an extra kick of crude oil in the Texas atmosphere from all their drilling.

>you can smoke roast with indirect heat on a weber grill

Read
tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrcma

Wrong, it's the best republic.

You’re lying through your teeth or you went to a shit bbq joint.

Oh right, a "cooker" has to be made out of old oil drums floating around in the gulf of mexico.
I forgot, redneck "cuisine"

Those would be far too rusty, you need to start with good metal and slowly let it rust after fabrication. Have you never built your own drum pit?

This is fucking fagshit

That looks like the meat market in Luling Texas. Fucking delicious.

I know. Kansas city bbq beats it all day

>posting steak as an example of BBQ
wew

lol (you)

carolina style all the way

I know people who make excellent Texas barbecue in a refrigerator.

I'm thinking of doing it that way myself.

The guy has an old commercial refrigerator with the one door. He cut a hole in the top for the smoke to escape and set up a temperature probe in the door. He has two hot plates in the bottom. On one of the hot plates, he puts a pie tin with pecan wood to create the smoke (you can also use pecan shells for this, too).

With three shelves on a wide commercial refrigerator, he can smoke up to six briskets at a time.

>they are considered peak Texas BBQ [to all the out of state hippie trash that moved into Austin fleeing the leftist governments they created in their own shitty states]
ftfy friend

WE

KANGS

Anybody that knows BBQ knows that "Texas BBQ" means brisket, and brisket is just ass compared to pork, ribs, or even chicken, regardless of how well the brisket is done.

>this thread

Where would one go in either place? Wet or dry?

I'd say stop posting, but you keep supporting your critics so well.

>heh I totally showed him

>This is what Argentinians actually believe

M'BAKU

California is peak BBQ.

moonlite.com/
oldhickorybar-b-q.com/
Get on our level, fags.

Looks like trash desu famalam.

Well, that's patently false.