Why is there such a stigma about drinking alone? People like to say its sad or pathetic...

Why is there such a stigma about drinking alone? People like to say its sad or pathetic, but nobody in real life actually cares. If its moderated, drinking alone is perfectly fine, same with in public. But if you're trying to get drunk, its more respectable to do it alone abyways. That way you don't end up getting raped or getting a tattoo or anything degenerate like that. People who ""only drink socially" are irresponsible.

Why do europoors have such terrible taste in beer?

Alcohol is like a social lubricant.
Drink with strangers and you get friends.
Drink with friends and you go on a slippery as fuck slope down fun valley.
Getting drunk by yourself wouldn't serve a purpose.

Getting drunk by yourself lets you make friends with yourself. You need to like yourself before you can expect other people to like you.

Normie regime

Nothing wrong with drinking alone.
But getting drunk alone makes you either weird or an alcoholic.

When I travel around I go get a bit drunk at pubs alone till I find some other drunkish people to talk to.

>not being a weird alcoholic

What does degenerate mean?

i'll show you later

Sometimes I travel for work and I'll eat alone at a restaurant, no one is going to prevent me from getting a drink

my job sends me on the road past good breweries and i'll be damned if i don't try everything before i go

>will you show me?

the stigma against drinking alone is essentially just a normie stigma against introverts in general. They think that drinking alone is sad, but they also think that about eating alone, watching TV alone, or doing anything else alone. There is absolutely nothing about drinking in the presence of other humans that makes it any healthier.

Judgmental types hear that it's a sign of unhealthy behaviour and...well, they judge you. Fuck em if they don't like it.

It's an outmoded stereotype that you can only be an alcholic if you drink alone. Nonsense, really. A moderate drinker would still be a moderate drinker whether alone or socially and the same is true for an alchoholic.

Let me guess: you're an IPA drinker or you drink some kind of regional/local microbrew or something

I always knock a few back when my husband is out of town and after I put my kid to bed. I'm bored as fuck when he's gone so getting a nice buzz going makes it easier

I'll come over and keep you company, sweety. We'll stay up late drinking wine, cooking, and making whoopy.

What a bitch mother you are
Tits or gtfo

I'm gay married and our children are adopted

My offer stands.

yeah, this. it's almost entirely a social drug. i guess it's ok to get drunk and then like voice chat or text chat or play online games with friends while still technically at home alone, but if you want to relax and do an isolated activity at home then just get weed instead it's way better for that

>drink ipa's
>drink local microbrews

You got me, user: I drink beer. Do people really shun entire styles and/or only drink macros?

If you're not drinking the warm yeasty piss that the government subsidized to keep your dad from realizing how shit his job was then you're a faggot

I know this feeling, my stomaches been bigger than my eyes a few times though.

Oh shit

>alcohol is my friend
Upon that realization I decided to quit.

>the 'alcohol and coffee are drugs' meme

>alcohol isn't a drug

hey buddy how was your walk to the liquor store today? did you drop your handle of vodka? it's ok if you did, because it's plastic, it won't break

So you went back to having no friends instead of one friend?

it's just normie morons who really don't deserve to be listened to