Lets talk blue cheese

How do I make this style of blue cheese dipping suace?

Share your favorite recipes with blue cheese.

What the fuck is that? Poppy seed yogurt?

It's fucking delicious.

Poppy seeds + garlic + celery salt + ????????????

Plz help replicate.

I would guess melt some blue cheese and mix it with cream and add seed of some sort.

I have this old recipe passed down from my great great grandparents. Basically what you do is put some blue cheese on a cracker and eat it with a side of grapes.

bump

I’d you seriously like blue cheese then you like the taste of vomit. There’s no denying it

You need jesus.

Veeky Forums fucking sucks. I hate all of you fast food eating cucks.

I don't know what that shit in your picture is OP, but here is how I make blue cheese dressing.

Buy a big hunk of blue cheese. Not the precrumbled stuff, that's cheaper material and will taste a bit chemically/perfumey. Yeah I know, ingredients elitist here, but expensive cheese is expensive for a reason. Head over to the fancy cheese cooler at the grocery store and grab a hunk thats $10-15/lbs. Buying cheese is like buying wine, if you have no idea what you're doing, you can generally shop by price.

Anyways the base for the dressing is sour cream and mayo. You could use one or the other I suppose, but I like a 2/3 sour cream:1/3 mayo mixture best. Crumble up your blue cheese the best you can, and be very liberal with the amount you add. Add a little bit of salt, pepper, and a small amount of garlic powder. I also like to add a very small dash of vinegar. It could all be in my head, but I think the vinegar helps to make the flavors pop a bit.

Then get out a spoon and mash everything together. It's kind of a pain in the ass to get the blue cheese pieces to break up, so I mostly just mash the chunks against the bottom of the bowl with the spoon and chop them up and stir for awhile. Seriously, it's annoying. Once you get the crumbles broken up to your liking, transfer to the fridge and let the flavors meld for a hour or longer.

Whala, you now have the best tasting blue cheese you've ever eaten.

>I would guess melt some blue cheese and mix it with cream and add seed of some sort.
>I would guess melt some blue cheese and mix it with cream
>I would guess melt some blue cheese
What would be the fucking point of that? You would kill the flavour of the cheese.

This guy is mostly right except...
"good" blue starts around 20/lb.
Dont you dare use garlic powder.
Add black pepper.
Consider fresh sage.

For dressing i use a sourcream/mayo base but for thicker dips i use a tempered cream cheese base thinned slightly with milk or water.

I want dips with poppy seed and garlic.

I prefer british blue cheese, but if I'm bastardizing good cheese like this, I'm not going to be picky.

i've never made dip before but i imagine it would be pretty good if you use sour cream as the base and stir in some bleu cheese crumbles, then season it with whatever herbs or spices you'd like. maybe garlic and something green. dash of worcestershire or two

>expensive for a reason
Because people will pay more to have a wedge of cheese. That's literally the only reason.

>I’d you seriously

stopped reading right there
fucking tard

u gotta be kidding, the change in quality from precrumbled to intact wedge is significant

fuck you cuck, precrumbled is best flavorued blue cheese.

Blue cheese has mold in it though.

>What would be the fucking point of that?

To make dip obviously. If you wanted your cheese to be cheese then don't make it into dip.

Reminder that fermented cheese is a racist wh*Toid nationalist food invented by n*rdicks. Do NOT eat it.

>user throw that cheese out RIGHT NOW, it has MOLD on it!
>mold! MOOOOOOOOOOOOLD! >MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

I'm not even white. I want to genocide you no3.

Melting the cheese is just going to make it hard when it cools down, and who wants hot dip with their veg? You mix the blue cheese and mayo and buttermilk in a food processor or blender to get a dip.

How do I tell when blue cheese has gone bad?

Stilton cut with cream cheese and a heavy splash of balsamic vinegar spread that on some toasted multigrain or rye bread with sauteed beech mushrooms and wilted spinach

The vinegar does help it is acidity so lemon juice would work too.

Nope it usually has to do with the grass the cows eat and how the milk is treated from teat to cheese and how long it's been aged. Cheese is expensive to make anything cheap has filler in it or is cheese product

Pretty simple recipe is:
>Fry steak
>Remove steak from pan
>Add blue cheese to taste
>Add Liquid cream
>Pepper
>Let it get thick
>Add on top of steak
Wala, pretty simple and delicious

OP here. I honestly don't know. I've always just cut off the fuzzy part and eaten it still.

I have some cheeses that are over 3 years old. Pray for me.

mayo, blue cheese, poppy seeds, white zinfandel, lemon juice

300g crème fraîche
100g mayonnaise
150g blue cheese
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp worcestershire sauce

M O N G
O
N
G

Wow in current year where most people on Veeky Forums are phoneposting closet redditors you sure showed him for his autocorrect messing up xd

>obviously American person tries to get snobby about cheese
I’ve seen it all now

>Wala
Uh, user...

yeah it's viola

Welcome newfriend. Lurk moar.

OK MY TIME TO SHINE

50g mayo
200g sour cream

chop up a heap of chives and parsley and throw them in, mix it all up. Crumble a 75g block of blue cheese in, stir it up. Also a teaspoon of white wine vinegar

it's like you've come straight from something awful circa any year ever

BLUE CHEESE HAS MOLD IN IT

What did he mean by this?