>smile, nod, keep walking
>go straight to the self-chefout

>do you have a rewards card with us?
no
>do you want one?
no thanks
>are you sure, they're free!

just let me buy my shit and leave

>mfw the closest store to me has no self checkout and like clockwork there's one or two cashiers working at a time

the fucking place is a medium size grocery store and has like 10 or more lanes but they never use them. no matter what time of day it is you have to wait like 15 fucking minutes to check out because of long lines

>scan beer at self-checkout

ID CHECK REQUIRED

Seriously. The safeway on my area is the same. NEVER more than 3/12 lanes open.

hes a big guy

Mine's Safeway too. I wonder if it's some corporate policy or some shit like that.

more like why pay multiple cashiers to do nothing, when you can make customers wait 5 minutes in queues

Are you in Washington state?

kill yourself

Good morning Lebron! What a nice day we have today, right?
*waits until groceries are scanned while chatting*
I'll pay with card.
*beep*
See you tomorrow, have a nice day!

Yeah, SW. Why?

How much should I tip him? 15%?

are you related to robert, the man who sells me my popcorns at the movie, perchance?

Literally every supermarket does that. It's a cost saving measure. Additional lanes only open up when the line reaches a certain length and they pull an employee off restocking duty to work the register. The shift manager monitors all this and directs them. The only time all lanes are open is right before Thanksgiving, Christmas, or a giant storm.

Was gonna say im in the Tacoma area. Washington Safeway needs to step thier shit up if two random motherfuckers on an imageboard of hundreds of posts share the common factor of thier safeway being shit

You go to the grocery store every day?

It's actually because research shows that customers are more likely to revisit the store if they are made to wait in a line. People do not want to eat in an empty restaurant and they do not want to immediately checkout.

Is Tacoma a shithole? Moving to Seattle metro area soon.

WA user here. I don't live in Tacoma, but it's known across the state as one of the worst areas of WA

King county is the worst part of Washington and ever since Californians have been mass migrating to Washington, it's been getting even worse.

I left Washington a while ago for Alaska, I'm never looking back.

Damn, Bill Cosby has really fallen on hard times.

Yeah, it's the US Army ville for Ft.Lewis. Where the US military locates the surrounding area is destroyed. It's fucking trashed.

t. Former Brigade S-2 at Ft. Lewis who got the blotter report every morning showing the faggot 80 IQ enlisted busted in Tacoma.

>black cashier
>asks me what certain veggies are in order to ring them up

Sad

Hello Robert Sr., nice to see you!

read my mind

his name's robert

Keked out loud

>tfw someone else posts your meme

>closest store got rid of self checkout because too many people were stealing

>do you have a rewards card?
No
>do you want one, it's free!
No I have one already I just don't have it on me
>oh why didn't you say so, what's the card number I can punch it in here
I don't remember the number it's okay
>no problem sir, just tell me your name and I can look your card number up right here!
...I...uh..Jim...G-Greenberg
>okay Mr Greenberg just one moment here...... Hmm it seems you aren't in the database
O.. Oh
>maybe you're thinking of another store
Y-yeah
>well here Mr Greenberg how about we sign you up for one right now
O.. Okay

Those exist for holiday rushes. My Target has 22 lanes and there are never more than a max of six or seven open unless it's christmas shopping season.

How the fuck were they carrying shelves and closet doors through without people noticing?

Old Robert looks a little bit like old Jake from the Star Trek DS9 episode "The Visitor". I would post this in the /tv/ thread but I'm banned right now.

>closest store never implemented self check out to begin with

I have to drive like an extra 10 minutes to not be judged for my 2 am purchases

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>black cashier
>walk to use the self checkout
>"ayo, I can help you over her"
>pretend like you forgot to pick up an item in another aisle
>don't get groceries this week

Nothing because he's a colored. Coloreds just waste their meager wages on frivolities and drink

Is tipping cashiers a thing? Have I been doing this wrong the whole time?

i worked at safeway for like 3/4 years total
it's from corporate

Tell robert I said hi

>free
Yeah, giving out my personal details along with intricate data of my purchasing habits is "free."

>I confess my darkest thoughts about sex and mortality to Google
>I'm afraid someone at Walgreens will know I prefer generic dish detergent and premium brand toilet paper

But I don't use Google.

I'm 83 years old you goddamn robot

>fills out another captcha

Food Basics must be the Canadian equivalent of Safeway because every time I go there I end up in the express checkout because out of the 12 checkouts only one other is open and it's being used by some soccer mom with $200 worth of groceries and then when I finally get through the express line some asshole goes to the service counter which is staffed by the express cashier and I end up waiting five minutes for them to buy lottery tickets / phone cards / western union money back to derkstanislavagrad or whatever

Is this the Robert of Veeky Forums?

I think it's his dad

>letting niggers handle your food

>black dude stuffs the bread, all the soda and coffee into one bag.
It broke the second I picked it up. ffs

Bill Cosby never looked rapier.

*casts 5th level call ICE on your Somalian ass*

Holy shit his name is also Robert.

LOL

>are you sure, they're free!
Only cashiers that are assholes go this far, and they probably get kickbacks from it.

Tacoma is indeed, a shithole. Especially the surrounding areas like lakewood, fife, and the Ft. lewis area. Pretty much anywhere you see a check cashing or used tire lot, you can guaruntee its a shithole

Tony todd

It's funny how you're so paranoid that some grocery chain knows your food buying habits, but is fine with Google, Facebook, Amazon, and others know every single thing you do online, as well as letting Microsoft log every key stroke you've made.