Any Australians here have a decent marinade recipe for kangaroo loin steaks...

Any Australians here have a decent marinade recipe for kangaroo loin steaks? I just got some in the mail today and I want to grill those things. That means throw them kangaroo shrimps on tha barbie mate btw

Other urls found in this thread:

woolworths.com.au/Shop/ProductDetails/132996/macro-meats-kangaroo-steak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In the mail? Lmao.

Soy bbq marinade works well.

The issue with kangaroo steaks is theyre usually too thick so them become impossible to cook. Best kangaroo is as mince

Vegemite and Fosters, she'll be right m8

Yea no kidding these fuckers are like 4 inches thicc

It's not August yet mate

Here in the USA we write the month (march) first because we fucking can

They look really dark, like worrying dark. Just slice them up or theyll always turn out awful. Kakadu plum is another thing that goes well on them.

Die

Maybe that's how roo meat is supposed to look? Idk, dont give a fuck I paid a shit ton for this shit I'm eating it

I mean its usually a little more red. Probably just oxidised. How much did you pay for it? Here its usually $7 aud for 4 steaks or so

through what logic does it make sense to write month/date/year.

damn you're lucky, it would cost an arm and a leg to get that state side.

Hahahaha i had a feeling that would be the case. Fucking over $20 a pound to send it all the way here

To clarify i paid just shy of $50 for two goddamn roo steaks

You are full of shit, it's more expensive than chicken and pork here.

woolworths.com.au/Shop/ProductDetails/132996/macro-meats-kangaroo-steak

Why would you ever buy meat from woolworths coles or aldi? Its always overpriced and low quality. Both big chains only sell "k-roo" branded stuff.

Because I work in the industry and know the standards required to be able to supply the 3 of them.

the month is more pertinent than the day

So if you're only interested in the day you should have the opportunity to mentally ignore the first number and view the month and year as one full block.

ausfag and chef here, don't marinate it, just let it rest on the bench till room temp, season and then sear it to just before med rare then rest the shit out of it, otherwise it'll bleed like fucking crazy.

good roo recipes are all about the sauce and correct seasoning. oh, and try to use an agressive peppercorn in the seasoning.

option 2 is a herb coating, if you do this go with tarragon, chervil and chive, potentially a little dill. roast it and it'll be a beaut.

the guy suggesting kakadu plum is spot on but if you're in the US you have buckleys of finding it, redcurrant is a good substitute.

as for the colour don't worry, it should be a lighter colour but oxidisation happens pretty rapidly unless you make sure there's almost no excess blood in the bag.

H a e m o g l o b i n

First step to eating roo is to write the day first, then the month