There are "people" who eat more than 1800 calories a day

>there are "people" who eat more than 1800 calories a day

>there are "people" who arent male

2000 calories and under a day seems kinda unhealthy unless you're trying to lose weight or a Skelly.

how many calories is 18 beers

I eat 5,000 - 10,000 calories a day.I am not a midget gook office worker. I am on my feet all day and moving my entire body the whole time.

Height and weight?

>work in a physical labor intensive job
>eat 3.5-4k calories a day
I’m 6’2” and 190lbs and fairly fit. I’ll have to stop if I ever become a desk jockey.

6'4 and 303 lbs.

That is by definition obese.

if you're going off BMI then you're as stupid as he is fat.

My BMR is higher than 1800.
That plus lifting weights and running/cycling often dictates that I eat much more than 1800 calories a day.
To put it in perspective.
A 20 year old 5'0" "male" that weighs 120lbs will require more than 1900 calories to maintain their bodyweight with "light exercise"

BMI is fine, people just don't believe it because it (accurately) counts most adult Americans as obese.

Pretty much, every fat guy I know who says they're strong underneath hardly pulls anything noteworthy in the gym, especially proportional to their weight.
A lot of guys underestimating their BF% and overestimating their lean body mass.

Yeah, it's like the new "slow metabolism / calories aren't everything" fat person lie.

BMI is inaccurate unless you actually bother to measure displacement.
This is why most of the Royal Marines come back with a BMI of obese despite being ripped and having the fitness levels of a professional rugby player.
It's a flawed metric unless displacement is measured.

You're not a Royal Marine, fuck off.

i need to know this too
eat shit OP

Please be b8

you aren't a royal marine and neither is the general american population.

>there are people who don't think that the average weight of Americans is the healthy weight
It's the average weight because it''s the healthiest dumdums it's not hard to figure out

>There are skeletons in this thread right now

My exercise routine has me dropping weight fast if I eat under 3000 a day.

Real women are under 100 pounds.

>tfw don't have the stomach to eat that much

really? i find 115 about right

This, except mine is 2500 calories on days I work out. 1854 maximum normally. If I don't get the extra calories I would just shrivel up into nothing.

lardass here
I can keep going, you know

>everyone has the same calorie requirements

In my work I am on constantly on my feet 9 hours a day and have to carry a lot of heavy stuff and other shit, I eat about 2500 calories a day not counting all the beer I drink and I'm 6'1 and 190 lbs. Different lifestyles and bodies have different needs.

>blue collar pleb wagie

>there are "people" eating less than 3k calories a day
what the FUCK! actual dyel losers

Yeah, I hate myself too but that's not the point I was making

This. There's a thing called the Basal Metabolic Rate, which typically uses the Mifflin St. Jeor Equation and there's one's activity level on top of that, which is your BMR times a certain number. For sedentary, that would be 0.2. For someone who is very active, it is 0.9. Let's say you are 5'10 and 145lbs, which is around complete average. Your BMR would be 1,669 calories per day, for a requirement of 2,002.7 calories to maintain your weight if you are sedentary. That jumps to 3,171.1 calories per day to maintain your weight if you are significantly active.

I had a bagel with peanut butter and a peach for Breakfast

I had a ham sandwich for lunch

I had two pieces of pizza for dinner

I will also drink a bunch of beers and vodka, so how many?

I'd eat more if it wasn't so expensive.

>bagel with peanut butter and a peach
So 648 calories for breakfast.
>ham sandwich for lunch
So 366 calories for lunch.
>two pieces of pizza for dinner
So 700 calories for dinner.

That is a total of 1714 calories already. Depending on your height and weight, as well as activity level, assuming you are sedentary I'd say go heavier on the vodka and lighter on the beer. Maybe one bottle of beer maximum and then just vodka.

I have probably consumed 3k calories today

>breakfast and lunch were 500 calories
>have a cup of chipotle chicken maruchan, desperate for sustenance at work
>go to aldi after work for a thermos, get a 260 calorie 19g meat and cheese snack
>come home, ingest 4 pieces of 190 calorie each chocolate covered caramels
>have an "assortment" of 4 russel stover's chocolates (260 cals maybe? the pkg is in the trash)
>have a frozen garlic flatbread, 1200 calories
>dinner is 2 chicken sausages with 1 green pepper and 1/2 onion

i'm glad i didn't get a bottle of wine from Aldi. that would have been bad for my macros

>tfw i lack self control

Try drinking water when you are hungry. People like to meme, but it actually works wonders. Just don't overdo it or you'll piss nine times in an hour.

Seeing as though I exercise five days a week, I'm not going to starve myself. Anything under 2,500 a day and I can seriously feel my mood getting worse.

I drink 120 fl oz of water a day. My thermos is 40 oz, and I empty the thermos 3 times at work. My problem is I come home and binge. Water helps me at work, but not at home :(

That's about where you should be on water intake so you are doing great there. You could increase it and drink 60fl oz more if you think it could help. Otherwise try things high in protein, fiber, and/or fat to feel fuller longer, and wait before getting seconds on things (if you do).

Ya they're called men

I eat about 3000 a day. I run 100 miles per week so I need it for upkeep

thank u user. it's all mind over matter, truthfully.

you're snacking like crazy because you're cutting WAY too much on your meals.
>breakfast and lunch were 500 calories
just your lunch alone should be 500 cals

Look into Shirataki noodles. Very low calorie, very filling. An entire pack is just 20 calories for 8oz of noodles.

BMI is fine if you are just using it as an indicator of how fucked your heart is going to be in a decade or 2.

How do I eat food Veeky Forums? I've been going to the gym for a month now and while I'm enjoying it a lot the hardest part is actually consuming enough calories to build muscle mass. When I force myself to eat more than I'm normally comfortable with I get a bloated, sick feeling for the next day or two.

>There are males here who aren't little girls

yeah, I agree. I have been cutting work meals because I know I fuck up at home.
breakfast is 1 or 2 tbsp peanut butter on bread,
and an apple
lunch is often a sandwich with lunch meat and cheese, and an apple
usually I bring 1 cup whole fat yogurt, fresh berries, and bran flakes in to work as my snack but food repetition makes me miserable
the bread I buy is 45 calories per slice, which is really exceptional for my purposes

those are good, I like stuff I can binge eat. spaghetti squash too.

BMI a statistical tool that is useful for most people, and you can tell at a glance who it won't be a useful metric for, and most likely the people who it won't be useful for, already know, because you don't become be a 300lb healthy person by accident.

I went to the Doctor recently and they said my BMI is 37 kek. Probably true, I'm disgusting.

All true but I think the point was that you can't look at a person's height and weight and assume that they're fat.

>breakfast is 1 or 2 tbsp peanut butter on bread,
>and an apple
so lots of fat and fructose. ditch the peanut butter and apple and eat more carbs instead.
>lunch is often a sandwich with lunch meat and cheese, and an apple
processed meat, fat filled cheese, and more fructose garbage sugar. very bad. eat carbs carbs carbs. not fat and fructose
>sually I bring 1 cup whole fat yogurt, fresh berries, and bran flakes in to work
more fatty yogurt, go with non fat yogurt. berries are full of fructose too.

>durr i'm a 300 pound bodybuilder
no, you're a 300 pound fatass, just like everybody else here

Except you can, because it's statistically correct the vast majority of the time.
Your complaint is like saying you can't come up with healthy calorie requirements a person should eat for a given weight because a small minority of people have tapeworms.

>you need more empty calories, that'll fill you right up!

It's not unhealthy in the slightest, eating slightly lower than the average diet has been shown to increase your life span. It's one of the reasons why women live longer than men.

>carbs carbs carbs carbs

How many loaves of bread should I eat per day?

>eat carbs!
Carbs aren't as filling as fat and protein, you massive cuck. He needs fiber, protein, and fat more than carbs. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables over other sources of carbs.

>he eats!

This reads like a mid 90s FDA PSA. Kys moron

post boipuss

assuming the bread is very low in fat and sugar, and you don't put fat and sugar on the bread, as much as you want. you won't want anymore after the 3rd slice.

>There are people who have to count their calories every day so they don't get fat
You don't have to track your willpower in a notebook to keep fit. You're either a self-loathing, unwashed glutton or an autist with control issues

>t. guy who chicken breast, plain rice, and broccoli for every meal and never deviates

If fat people had the ability to accurately assess their long term calorie intake they wouldn't be fat in the first place.
Your advice is retarded and on par with telling people with debt problems they don't need to track their expenses.

The problem with calorie tracking is that it's extremely tedious if done properly and close to useless if done negligently. I'm cutting for the summer and trying to track the stuff I eat, but I'm probably miles off and don't even give a fuck about the calories from veggies. At least I've been consistently going down 2 lbs a week and haven't lost progress at the gym.

If it's tedious to track your calories that's a pretty good sign you're eating way too much.

from what I understand you don't actually need to eat more, just eat protein within like half an hour of working out and it should be used to rebuild. lotta people from fit would probly disagree tho idk I'm not into that board

This desu. Most trackers have a barcode scanning function, and it really isn't that hard to type a name in the first place. If that's too tedious, you're eating way too much or are way too lazy.
Best time is after your workout.

I lost an initial 50 pounds counting zero calories. Just cut off booze, soda, candies and bread, replaced them with tuna salad, quark and oats and started exercising again. I'm only counting calories this time because I wan't to make sure I'm getting enough protein since I'm on a really low calorie diet now. Most people are able to lose significant amounts by just dropping certain foodstuffs, especially the gravely obese ones because they usually have absolutely atrocious eating habits that have brought them to their state.

I'm 6'10". I need about twice that to remain at my weight of 240. Not everyone is a manlet.

Almost nobody is that tall, so that's not a good example.

>I'm larping and don't know my calorie needs
BMR alone would be 2,270 and unless you are working a very physically demanding job or hitting the gym 7 hours a day you definitely don't need twice that.

I really liked telling myself that when i was fat and saying if i lose weight i'l get weak but man fuck it, now at 40kg's lighter im even stronger than when i was a fucking fatty even though i've lowered the amount of weights i lift and i can actually go up stairs without feeling like shit!

I truly can't even fathom being as retarded as you

>2400 * 2 = 3700!
Yeah, sure buddy.

>OP says 1800
>reply was to OP's claim of 1800
>math works out perfectly
>the absolute state of the fucking retard replying to me

Still doesn't change that you aren't 6'10.

Hahahah oh thanks man, I haven't laughed like that in awhile. I haven't seen someone wrecked that badly in ages

I have a cousin who is 6'10. He has to duck under door frames and struggles to find clothes and shoes that fit.

Post feet please

I actually have pretty small feet for my height. Feetlet btfo or whatever.

This. It's the same concept as fasting essentially.

6’1 and 185 pounds.
How much do I need to lose?

So are you going to tell us you aren’t a fat sack of shit? Because you are a fat sack of shit, even if you do have some strong muscle under all your lard.

jesus christ are you being serious?

Calorie counting is stupid. Just cut out all sugar and wheat. Boom, warp to health world 8-4.

A can of beer can be anything between 115-200kcal a can depending on the type.
Just read the label.
18 beers at 175kcal is like 3100kcal.

This. If you drink daily, especially beer it really adds up.
Last time I quit drinking I didn't even exercise and lost 20kg in 6 months.

manlet confirmed

>carbs
>unironically
Is it 1980 again?

It's normal to eat more than 3000 calories a day you know

So. Anorexia nervosa, huh?
Must be rough, OP.

Are you pic related?

I ate a 600gm T-bone steak and salmon fillets for dinner a few days ago

Fuck you soyboy

Even if he was, there's no possible way he is getting 10000 without gaining more weight. At most, 5000 calories is what is needed to maintain the weight assuming the job he is talking about is hardcore warehousing.

shill, newfag, /pol/, whatever you are man, just stop, this isn't even a clever joke, it's completely out of context, blurted out like this is the one and only idiotic though that runs through your head at all times. Try chilling out for once and having some compassion. Love will get you everywhere in the world, but it has to be legit love, unattachedness to the outcome of your actions and the actions of others and the world around you, that doesn't mean you don't do stuff you care about, but it means you stop completely blowing up at the little things and start appreciating them, making you happier in the long run.

Do you mean kilojoules?

This, after christmas i had some difficulties going back to effortlessly tracking them but once i got used to healthier diet and eating less again it's not really any hassle.
I just need to make sure when i cheat up every week i dont go overboard which easily fucks it up and makes it once again tedious thing to do.

>I ate 200 calories today because I couldn't afford food