How much do you tip the grocery cashier in your country? In my country 10% is customary

How much do you tip the grocery cashier in your country? In my country 10% is customary.

>tipping grocery cashier
Do you actually do that in the US?

>obsessed

Here in the US, minimum is 15%, but it's a good idea to tip at least 20% if you plan to go back to the same supermarket. Another 15% for the bagger, as well. I'll usually tip 10% to the associate at the self-check out machines, unless there's a problem with the machine they need to attend to and then I'll tip them the full amount.

in colombia you're supposed to tip the people that bag your groceries. i think they don't get paid by the store

Well the US is kinda infamous for tipping a lot of things figured op was from there.

No, OP was baiting.

15% minimum if they just scan my groceries. More if they go above and beyond.

15% is the minimum

Why are Americans so backesrds

no idiot, in america we only tip the baggers if there are a lot of groceries, or they help bring it out to the car

Cheapskate - what about the store greeter and the parking attendant? What about the security guard who keeps you safe in the store from people carrying them assault rifle?

Next time remember to tip them 30%. They deserve it.

good point. notice how the store greeter spits on the ground when someone leaves without tipping. humiliating not to carry a couple $5 or $10 bills for your grocery outings.

Europeans can't even afford baggers and have to bag their own groceries

Yeah, 99% of people do not tip anyone in a grocery store, tipping a bagger would be ok if they carry to your car, generally only elderly ladies need this, even in the extreme case most people do not tip

>assault rifle

Top kek

at my grocery store they walk out to my car so they can ride my wheelchair back to the store after I get in my custom SUV for fat americans

How much do you tip the kids who bring the carriages back inside? For me, it's $5

95 110% if im feeling generous

>my wheelchair
well fuck now I'm depressed

why would you tip them

Most times aroud 0%, and if she's making some kind of mistake, then it's around -5%

I use the self checkout app, I don't talk to a single person at the store.

Here in the America we do not tip our cashiers.
Instead, after they ring up all of the products we want to take home a bell sounds and you have to shoot the cashier before they shoot you.
If you shoot them first you get to keep your items, if they shoot you they get to keep the items you picked.
If it's a draw, and nobody is hit within 8 seconds the jester runs in, distracts everyone and steals the groceries.