Corn on the cob

How does Veeky Forums butter their corn on the cob? What is the ideal and most effective method?
Also, corn on the cob general I guess.

corn is for chickens you cluck!

Use a slice of bread. Put a good sized chunk of butter in the center. Tue your corn and evenly cover it. Wah lah.

Breads pretty good afterwards too.

I wrap it in foil with salt, pepper, and olive oil. I don’t use butter, the olive oil is enough flavor. Also, I live in Alberta and we have excellent corn.

So nobody just rolls the corn directly over a stick of butter? Asking for a friend.

>I wrap it in foil with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
you forgot a cooking step...

Hoosier here. yes there is a separate butter dish for corn from july until september.
The bread heels trick work too.

forgot pic

I figured the cooking part was implied, but you made me realize this is Veeky Forums and no one knows how to cook. Also, this isn’t about how we cook it, it’s about how we butter it. The only reason I mentioned the foil is because it contains the olive oil while it cooks, and as it’s rotated the oil is distributed along the corn.

I grew up in Indiana and worked detasseling corn. We used to just use a knife and a bar of softened butter. The butter would fall onto the plate, but it would melt and you could just roll it in the melted butter on your plate. I remember some places having all jars of melted butter that you would just dip your corn into. I never liked the specialty corn butter spreaders. They seem useless to me

So you boil it?

OP here I understood what you meant right away. That other guy reads pop tart directions.

>OP here I understood what you meant right away.
Oh so does he bake, boil, steam or grill the corn?

That’s what I do too. Well, actually I use a fork but same idea. Not worth getting fancy about it.

>corn wrapped in foil
>steamed or boiled
Obviously baked or grilled, retard.

You rub the butter into your hair and then roll the corn in your hair after you boil it.

That's the historical origin of cornrows.

heat + vegetable wrapped in foil = steamed.

Why do you care? As he said this thread was asking a question about the buttering method. I assumed he grills it but it just doesn’t matter. You were being a smart ass and now you look like a fool. I’m sure you’ll keep posting about this because you feel stupid.

I feel like we need a source on this.

Then why does it brown? Once again, you’re a retard.

>food and cooking
DON'T TALK ABOUT COOKING!

Because you overcook it.

>caramalization is overcooking
You need to stop posting.

>steam corn in aluminum jacket until all water evaporates out of the kernel, they then start to burn
It's not overcooked guys, I swear!

Why are you here when you don’t know how to cook?

Is that you still trying to redeem yourself? It’s so difficult to tell on an anonymous Mongolian queer dating forum.

Shouldn’t that statement just be posted as the Veeky Forums catalog banner?

keep playing with your aluminum foil meals, champ.
I'm sure you do that because it's how your teevee dinners are cooked.

You already established that you don’t know how to cook. The fact you’re now implying that only people who don’t know how to cook use foil is just making it even worse. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Keep cooking your hobo dinners, dumbfuck.

Sure thing foil steamer guy.

>take hot boiled corn on cob
>roll in butter dish until its covered
>add enough salt to induce kidney failure
The only acceptable way

>childhood camping trips to the beach
>always excited for HOBO DINNER

now i know

I had 4 like this tonight. I sometimes wonder how many I could eat in one sitting.
>more than 4 for sure

Slob on my knob
like corn on the cob
check in with me
and do your job

I guess on Veeky Forums some fag always posts something like this

Heres how I do:
-Prepare a soft stick of butter
-Slice longways ×3 (slice should be as thick as butter knife)
-place a top of hot corn cobs and middle
-swish it around the top with a fork
-when lubed and juicy, enjoy

I have 1 cob left. Should I eat that and take a break for a few days or go to the store and get 5 more? I would then have 6 which is pretty ideal for 2 servings.