Did you grew up being told that 7up might help you while you're sick?

Did you grew up being told that 7up might help you while you're sick?

Other urls found in this thread:

walgreens.com/store/c/flents-syrup-cola/ID=prod6143460-product?ext=gooPLA_-_All_Products&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6126950&sst=fcf25d99-8b6a-4bb3-8d04-d06b254bf04e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

7-Up, ginger ale, or Coke, but it had to be flat. No carbonation. Something about the sugar coating the stomach or something.
>t. had an old Polish great grandma who insisted on this and it followed down the line

No, that's stupid. Your parents are stupid.

very few moms know anything about health.

For my mother's side of he family it was Sprite. Too bad it only makes you worse, due to extra sugar intake, except for the bit of placebo effect. It originally stems from ginger ale tonic used for anti-nausea which actually worked to a small extent, but you have to make it fresh yourself with fresh grated ginger root. Anyway, some sections of the population went from that to Ginger Ale soda which got translated into stuff like Sprite and 7-Up. Ginger ale soda works to a tiny tiny bit, if it has real ginger root as part of the ingredient, but you are better off not drinking it and instead making your own. All you need to do is grate ginger root into water and boil it for 15 minutes. It'll burn the back of your throat pretty well, but will help a great deal with nausea. Too much of it can also make you sick, so never go overboard with it.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh when I was a kid, it was jello water
Drink jello water to not be sick

My dad calls white soda sick soda and refuses to drink it. As a kid Sprite was the only soda I'd drink. I never got sick often enough or bad enough as a kid to deal with it. The last time I got a virus though that glass of soda was the only difference between an okay vomit and an extremely unpleasant vomit.

Yes, we had it when we were sick.

what is jello water?

What is white soda?

For me it was lucozade

Yep. That or Sobe if it was a cold.

Yup, for some reason whenever I get a cold water tastes horrible to me. It becomes almost impossible to drink. ( I normally love plain water usually). 7up was the only thing I could drink when I was sick. Sure part of me knows its not helping but when I get so dang thirsty I need some kind of liquid.

Yes, but only for the caloric intake.
t1 diabetic so not being able to eat after an insulin dosage would kill me. small sips of shitty sugar would help stabilize through the day during a bad stomach flu.

Mine was German, and we were told that about flat Ginger Ale and 7up. Never Coke.

Sprite, 7up, Sierra Mist, ginger ale. Those kinds.

Only ginger ale, and only to settle the stomach. Because ginger.

Never was quite sure why it would be any better than a tisane of fresh grated ginger.

7up used to be a lithium based health tonic. Look it up.

Seemed to help when i was sick to my stomach. Helped me burp up excess gas in my stomach. Could just be placebo too, but i still drink a small glass of 7up if i have an upset stomach.

My mother would give me warm milk with a little brandy. I would usually sleep soundly through the illness.

are you Italian? GABAGOL

7up and saltines was supposed to “settle your stomach” when it’s upset.

Nah, I was told to drink water which had a few onions resting in it for a few minutes.

I was told Coca-Cola is good for nausea, and also a Norwegian carbonated water called Farris that I never enjoyed so I refused drinking it when I was sick.

Carbonated beverages always made me feel better
It's dumb that seltzer isn't more readily available, I'd probably be several sizes smaller

I

like dick

yo

walgreens.com/store/c/flents-syrup-cola/ID=prod6143460-product?ext=gooPLA_-_All_Products&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6126950&sst=fcf25d99-8b6a-4bb3-8d04-d06b254bf04e

Drug stores still sell “coke syrup” for this purpose.

my mom gave me gatorade
she would also literally serve me lean
I hated the taste of prescription cough syrup so she would mix it with sprite to make it taste better

based