What are the real health consequences of making low or zero-calorie soft drinks my primary method of hydration?

What are the real health consequences of making low or zero-calorie soft drinks my primary method of hydration?

Pseudoscience fuck off please and thank you.

>making soft drinks your primary method of hydration

Shitty hydration.

your teeth getting melted

High levels of caffeine will definitely fuck you over. You'll piss a lot more, which means what water you get from the soda will just zip right back out. Switch to caffeine free if you want to go that route I guess. Aside from that, tooth rot. Just brush your teeth.

You'll mess up your gut flora and feel like shit all the time because you're literally poisoning your colon

>gut bacteria gain resistance to sweetness because they're being inundated in liquid garbage
>blood sugar levels rise
>user feels like shit because insulin resistance

You'll become a fat dumb american, your IQ will sink, your lard will skyrocket, and your skin will become blacker

your dick will fall

the braps. it's always the braps user

>gut bacteria have taste receptors

they basically do dumbass

This, because phosphoric acid.

He said no pseudoscience dipshit. Cite sources for that ridiculous claim or get the fuck out

the entire point of artificial sugar is that it tastes like sugar but can't actually be broken down like sugar
gut flora can't do anything with it

the acid will etch your teeth but if you use fluoride toothpaste you'll be fine because fluorapatite is way more resistant to erosion by acid .. for the death of gut bacteria, its all bogus, you have nothing to worry about. all those myths are made by people who can't understand basic biology and toxicology.

So you avoid acidic fruit and other foods like sauerkraut?

your tum-tum might feel ouchy-wowchy

Are you a real doctor/scientist because if so I have a question

not really, but i did studied a few things in the science/chemistry department .. lets just say i have weird hobbies. if you have questions i will try my best to answer them ..

who was phone?

I'm wondering if you have any insight what I can possibly do to minimize acid damage to my teeth as a bulimic. I've tried googling and the best I can find is "stop being bulimic" which is not super helpful. I rinse with water/baking soda every time I purge and brush/floss like normal.

did u meant -
>>Theoretically, you and your romantic partner, who is most likely of the female gender, are accompanying each other, when the cellular telephone, of which you are the legal owner, abruptly emits an audible tone, which is highly likely to be your default sound that will play when someone from another location, usually within your country of residence, depending on your telephone carrier or provider, inputs a finite pattern composed of numerical units into their legally owned cellular telephone, which in turn will send a wave that goes through a complex process that includes radios and telephone towers. You walk over to the area that the cellular telephone is physically placed, and you translate the telephone receiver from it’s resting area, where it is mechanically constructed to fit into, all the way in the direction towards your ear drums, and then place the northern part of the device to your ear, and then place the southern part near your mouth, most likely onto your cheek. A voice that resembles that of an adult male proclaims “What activity are you currently in the process of completing, that involves having my female offspring attend!?”. You immediately notify your female romantic companion, and she educates you on the objective fact that the paternal guardian that she normally refers to as “Father” has stopped living some time in the past, and is also currently deceased. If the details of this story are in fact, the truth, than it is now your duty to answer the question of ‘Who was calling you and your romantic companion on your cellular telephone?’.

>fat

He won't get anymore fat than if he was drinking water. Both have 0 calories. You can do the "LOL DIET COKE AND 3 BIG MACS" meme, but if he has 3 Big Macs and water, it's the same. Worse if he has 3 Big Macs and regular coke.

>b-b-but Diet Soda tricks your body and makes you hungrier than before
NO!

It's called self-control, you fatshit europoor. If you're eating 3 Big Macs, it doesn't matter what you drink, because you have no self-control, regardless.

Fuck off back to plebbit, bitch.

>sips a Diet Coke
>eats a salad, no dressing, no croutons, just 0 Calorie Hot Sauce, Spinach, Cucumber, Onion, Tomato

Bitch.

stomach acid is a dilute mix of hydrochloric acid, sodium chloride and potassium chloride .. fluoride toothpaste is a must for preventing long term erosion but rincing with warm alkaline water solution is also a great idea for neutralising that acid fast. just make sure you follow that routine each time and your teeth should be okay. sadly it's an other story for your esophagus, if you do this often, you'll run greater risk for chronic upper digestive track diseases like cancer .. anyway i hope it help.

Drinking exclusively diet soft-drinks for all sources of hydration =/= occasionally eating acidic fruit and sauerkraut

>doesnt like what he hears
>PSEUDOSCIENCE! GIMME FACTS! REEE

Thank you user, I appreciate it.

What if I decide to only eat sauerkraut, cabbage, beets, pineapple, lemons, and oranges for all my nutritional needs?

Also
>low acid foods
>soy, such as miso, soy beans, tofu, and tempeh
>almond milk
>unsweetened yogurt
>herbal tea

(You)

>spews bullshit pretending to know what he's talking about
>gets called out
>"LOL REEEEE WHAT AN IDIOT FOR WANTING EVIDENCE FOR MY BASELESS CLAIM"

kys

Why would you do that? OP is actually drinking just diet shit hence he will receive a lot of phospheric acid. Nobody would just eat highly acidic foods as part of a diet.

>Nobody would just eat highly acidic foods as part of a diet.

If they really love sauerkraut, they might.

The acid melts the enamel off your teeth which gives you a lot of cavities. The artificial sweetener you just pee out unless you have a sensitivity to it.

drinking too much aspartame will fuck with your bladder.

As far as provable health effects go you probably would only have to worry about acidity damaging your stomach lining if you have acid reflux, also your teeth could suffer because of the increased exposure to acidity. Everything else about gut flora or cancer from aspartame is pseudoscience, none of which claims have been proven in a controlled study.

you'll be dehydrated because they make you piss, but other than that the caffeine will make you shaky.

i've never seen a bigger retard than you ever in my life. the entire fitness industry relies on zero calorie drinks to get over their cravings to cut down to incredibly low body fat and you're claiming they raise blood sugar? go fast for 16 hours and drink a diet coke and prick your finger. you'll still be at fasting glucose levels because you're a retarded fucking nigger.

>Why would you do that?
Maybe to prove a point to some anonymous guy on an imageboard?

kidney stones. potentially cancer if you believe the aspartame hype.
that's about it, really. outside of that it's not much different from making coffee or tea your primary method of hydration. knock yourself out

>tum-tum
>ouchy
added to my babyspeak filter list, thanks m8

>The acid melts the enamel off your teeth
factually incorrect, unless you're the type of person to not brush your teeth and/or hold your drink in your mouth for literal hours before swallowing

They can't be broken down like sugar *by human enzymes*. With the right enzymes, gut microbes can and will ferment anything. That's why some fiber-rich foods make you gassy, the fiber's also a (poly-)saccharide that's only digested by the microflora.

Now some artificial sweeteners are indigestible only to humans (e.g. lactose in those with intolerance), others, like stevia, are non-fermentable and indigestible, and if you look at a specific microbes only, there's almost certainly some that the body can digest but the specific bacteria species cannot.