Made this thread ages ago, but I think it's time to ask again. What's actually edible/decent from this place...

Made this thread ages ago, but I think it's time to ask again. What's actually edible/decent from this place?I have some opinions but I'm curious for yours.

(Also, is their soy sauce safe?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WYDeCdR1N9o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bleach.

Check The Wolfe Pit on youtube. Reviews all their shit

youtu.be/WYDeCdR1N9o

>soy sauce safe?)
No, it will kill you. Retard

ramen noodles

Unironically this
Most dollar store cleaners are top tier

pic related is tasty, so is the blueraspberry version.
I actually like the frozen cheese burgers
the cheddar popcorn is good
crunch N' munch for a buck? yes please
stop here for candy
scallops are edible and decent for the price
can't beat the price on batteries, teeth brushes, and other personal care items.
and like the user above me, cleaning supplies

Heard Larry the Cable Guy has TV dinners at that chain for a dollar and that they are better than you assume like actual ingredients not too many preserves and taste like what the package claims. For the value of 79¢ food though

Most of the food stuffs they sell are shit that didn't sell well at a walmart. If they have a frozen section their frozen snacks are pretty alright.

Ill get extreme hate for this comment but their shitty dollar "steaks" are good for steak and eggs.

Family Dollar is a subsidiary of Dollar Tree wtf?

There is nothing in these stores worth buying, and often the only thing you can get cheaper than at an inexpensive grocery store are very old canned goods. It’s cheaper to buy larger amounts of a product in a different store than to buy the tiny ass products they have here.

I watch him already actually heh. He doesn't do single/ ingredients as much, nor everything, so I still think it's worth asking.

I don't buy most chocolates and candies from dollar stores ever since I got severe food poisoning from some my cheapass babysitter got us as a kid. Wasn't a Dollar Tree, but still. I did find mini Moon Pies at my Dollar Tree before and they were fine.

I assume those are safe anywhere, but at least compared to Walmart they're more expensive, so eh.

You sure, user? I love Kikkoman just like everyone else but I'm not sure I wanna spend ~$4 on something I'll only use once in a while that might go bad before I go through it all. Of course, if it tastes like shit I don't wanna get it either.

Once in a while I'll get one of those frozen fast food sandwiches. Not the greatest overall, but not bad. And gives me some nostalgia since it's literally the same provider that ships food and some of those nearly if not exactly same sandwiches to public 'Murrican schools. But they also have fillers and heat up inconsistently, so depends how I'm feeling how good they taste to me.

Occasionally I'll find full-size boxes of Barilla pasta. Beach Cliff canned fish (it's just Brunswick/Bumble Bee in a different package). Spices. Some condiments.

Someone post the "cheese" that can now melt.

I usually pick up spices there.

I grab sheet pans, strainers, and other kitchen supplies from there. 1 USD for 2 decent full sized sheet pans?! 1 USD for a roll of foodservice film? 1 USD for two roasting racks?

Oh, and pork rinds.

>I usually pick up spices there.
This. The basics can be found and why spend more for McCormick etc. Canned soup as well.

These are the only reason I go there

They sell theater candy boxes for a buck, so those.

Also sell Takis, so those.

Various seasonings. Sometimes can get Poptarts (name brand) for a buck.

I usually just look for the namebrand stuff, but I don't see how things like chips, candy, pastries, snack cakes, could "get worse".

When high, I raid that store.

yes, I grabbed a couple bags of onyums and they are top notch

the canned fish is okay
frozen snacks like the italian ice and frozen lemonade are great
they ought to have energy drinks there too which is a good deal, that taurine stuff always makes me feel funky though
Candy is a good deal there usually
At mine they've got a 20oz drink cooler with pepsi products for $1 each (compared to 1.50-1.70 everywhere else).

Sometimes they have Boxed Milk there which, depending on your lifestyle, may be a boon since it lasts for months.

Your beginning choices gave it away before the closing, no shame.

Mnever tried the off brands they cary, but mine has those 12oz. cans of Rockstar on occasion. Never seen them sold anywhere else, and I don't know if it's as worth it was a bigger can, but consuming less will give me just enough, sohey.

Dollar stores have been booming over the past decade, and not just because of the recession.

That feel, devastating poverty

I lived off dollar tree last summer because the closest Walmart was an hour bus ride away, Publix was too expensive for my $10/hour budget, and I didn't have any proper cooking supplies in my apartment at the time. Wasn't great but I survived.

post your delicious Dollar Tree meals

There was no shame given, no shame. XoX straight edge XoX mother fucker.

Word life XoX

Dollar store scallops sounds like a poor idea

Doubt they're real scallops

Canned seafood is consistently one of the best dollar store deals compared to grocery store prices.

i remain doubtful

Smells great and tastes better

I've been eating dollar store canned seafood regularly for well over a decade and haven't gotten sick yet. The only things I ever buy there are canned seafood and spicy seaweed snacks.

one dollar store near me actually gets decent produce.
they have these pretzel chips i like. gnocchi is ok. carton of reduced sodium broths much cheaper than a can at a regular store. snacks.
frozen jimmy dean breakfast sausage.

they always have weird off brand snacks there that are fun to try
the candy selection is pretty good too

I was skeptical too. but they are the very small scallops, I think called bay scallops. and most still had the even smaller side muscle, and they were watery (couldn't sear them). but I live alone so i'm not trying to spend all day cooking for one. I usually buy pic related and add some chicken or shrimp to the pasta. And it was pretty good with the scallops too

>I think called bay scallops. and most still had the even smaller side muscle, and they were watery (couldn't sear them). but I live alone so i'm not trying to spend all day cooking for one.
Bay scallops differ than diver scallops for searing, for sure, but even diver scallops are packed in liquid (sodium tripolyphosphate yum) that preserves freshness but also makes them sell for more weight. There are "dry packed" scallops, but you'd only get those from a nice fishmonger. When trying to figure out what kind of scallops you are buying, if they are ultra white or mostly white looking, they are probably packed in this liquid. Look for a light yellow, light tan, or pale pink flesh.

Cleaning items, batteries, and other random household tieams are my main reason for going there as this user pointed out. Other items... Their texas toast, knock off fudge drizzled cookies, luigi's italian ice, chickn in a biscuit knockoff crackers, name brand condiments, some of their seasonings and dried herbs (athough low quality obviously, but i'm cheap), anti-diarrheal pills, mouthwash, toothbrushes, etc.

Also it's a fantastic place to buy thank you cards/birthday cards. Most stores sell those fuckers for at least $2 or $4 a piece, but my dollar tree has a good selection. Also you can find some decent books there. I bought a few random fishing and baseball books. For $1, you can't beat that. Office supplies also. Tape, pushpins, etc. I usually spend like $10-$15 each time I'm there and I end up with a pretty good haul of random shit. Saves me the time of wandering aimlessly around a Targer or Wal-Mart and avoiding paying the outrageous Walgreens prices for certain items.

> teeth brushes

well I brush all eight of my teeth. when I'm down to one I'll call it a "tooth" brush

this place is a ripoff, a lot of their stuff is probably less than a dollar at a normal store but due to it being a dollar store, it's automatically bumped up in price, don't shop here unless you're a willing masochistic retard who loves getting ripped off

Attached: 1518987634361.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Her arms make me uncomfortable, will they absorb her hands soon?

FOR YOU, THE PEOPLE

just makes me hopeful that you can add mass to your wrists with enough hard work and dedication
t. wristlet

Thanks for sending me down an endless path of these videos out of sick curiosity about what some people will eat, user.

I love fabuloso. It smells so good.

They got like 2000% sodium intake

They usually have pretty good chocolate from Europe, which is weird.

They actually didn't have much for taste on their own so they had to be seasoned. Though the egg yolk was plenty of flavor for it.

Fucking magnets

I unironically like the Pierre Riblets they sell.
Unfortunately I am not the only one.

I got up real early to do an errand and drove to the Dollar Tree up the street. I was determined I'd get riblets this time. After all, the store opened at 10:00 am and it was 10:10.

I eagerly took my cart to the refrigerated section and there she was. A fat black woman. Her cart was filled with riblets. She had taken them all. Dozens of packages. To add insult to injury the Dollar Tree stopped stocking them at all shortly afterwards.

So anyways the big problem with mine is the good stuff gets RAPED as soon as it hits the shelves and for most of the week the stores have nothing of value left. Well, foodwise.

I know we're supposed to talk about food, but I love this soap they have.

Attached: 716928.jpg (480x480, 45K)

Yardley is $1 nearly everywhere. It's decent milled soap. You have good taste. I buy my favorite scent on Amazon, jade. It's only sold in the UK. It's a knockoff of a more expensive scent by Chanel, Cristalle, popular in the 80s. The sea minerals Yardley is a favorite shower gel of mine, as well.

I can't argue with facts but I also can't imagine anything made with Larry's name on it would actually be good. He's such a fake in his comedy that he must be a fake in his advertising.

Attached: ConcernFroge.png (320x275, 79K)

They have Jamaican beef patties that are not too bad. I like them.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

How did you do it?
What’s the best you can do if you have no means of cooking stuff?
-t. aspiring vandweller

I use yardley shaving soap. It's good stuff and reasonably priced

black pepper

Minees are very good flavored sandwich cookies.