Let's talk parm

Let's talk parm

I can get the real stuff from Italy for $22/lb. No thanks. What's an acceptable alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-great-parmesan-parmigiano-reggiano.html
youtube.com/watch?v=m3ZI15VjwEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Use another aged cheese? Even Sam's Club has some both domestic and imported wedges for between 8-14 USD lb.

I'm a manchego fiend myself. I've got something called surchoix? from Wisconsin I haven't opened yet.

Romano
Or parmesan that isn't from Italy
dumb shit
>inb4 salty yuropoors crying about foreign versions of their cheese

Don't eat cheese, it's an animal based foodstuff.
Animals raised for consumption are responsible for 14%-18% of global CO2 emissions.
Did you know that there's an acceptable amount of blood in milk? Milking cows have been bred to develop large udders, they suffer if they aren't milked in a while and the milking process can be physically damaging to result in the presence of that blood I talked about. Did you know that dairy calves are separated from their mothers at an early age? This hurts both the parent and the infant.

go away, this thread is not for you
thanks for not recommending a brand, real helpful

Pecorino, Gran Padano?

I like in UK so it's all legit/affordable hehe

Have you not heard of vegan cheese ? They milk the little tiddies of skinny vegan chicks and make cheese from the powdered milk that comes out. no amnibles are hurt.

Any decent supermarket has a cheesemonger that wraps it fresh, jackass

again, not helpful

OP really didn't discuss a brand

>milk is a blood from cow and amnible

(You)
choke on your kraft sawdust and die

I think we can assume the goal is not to replace parmesan cheese but to lower the price, so a name brand somewhere between kraft sawdust and DOP parm is what we are after

Our tasty meals > Their suffering

Go starve then, faggot.
Google shit for yourself instead of acting like a haughty autist.
Fucking retards

this

Kerrygold dubliner cheese, it's the shit.

>Veeky Forums thread
>OP is autistic
Woah, shocking twist!

just go buy a fuckjhuge wheel from some Wholefoods, they all have a display somewhere

>be me italianfag
>can have all the parmigiano i want

>I can get the real stuff from Italy for $22/lb
no need, kraft™ is just as good!

Nigga you can literally get wedges from fucking target, they may not be reggiano but it'll get the job done

I'd rather be white and just pay a bit more for imported parmesan vs. being Italian

Fuck yeah

>Le 56% thinks he's white

MSG

poor American raised on a chemical diet detected

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-great-parmesan-parmigiano-reggiano.html

This is why vegans are so hated.

you only use it as a spice though, it's like bitching that a pound of black pepper is expensive

can i freeze a block if i dont actually use it all that often and then just grate the frozen cheese?

Just buy the real thing, are you poor or something?

kill yourself, faggot

grana padano is almost the same and cheaper

Yes.

Whiter than you, Joseppi.

You can get a Wisconsin parmesan. Not as good, but cheaper.

It doesnt taste the same

youtube.com/watch?v=m3ZI15VjwEU

rub some on your taint, if you bleed, it is good quality.

every time i see this i get a bit of a chub going

you're barking up the wrong tree in the wrong thread my dude

Just get the Trader Joe's parmesan wedges. About $5 a wedge and tastes fantastic.

my nigga. i could eat a tub of that shit plain

this
they have better food in Italy
>Joseppi

kek

>they have better food in Italy
You gotta be fucking kidding me. Muh tomatoes and pasta, two ingredients robbed from S. American and chink peasants? Italian cuisine is a joke and there obsessive consumption of pasta is literally a form of slavery. It puffs up their cheeks like grotesque masks on a fountain and nails them to the chair, gorged and stupefied, apoplectic and gasping. Italians are not only pathetic they are not white.

You're not going to get exactly the same taste for a lower price, genius.

Ive got nipples
can you milk me?

The "pasta came from China" meme is a fake story created by a Canadian spaghetti company. Pasta most likely evolved from couscous dishes.

>amerimutt claiming europeans from a region that was instrumental in forming what we now call western culture are not white
not sure if I should laugh or cry

Attached: plebs.jpg (608x1161, 242K)

t. ameritard

>parmesan that isn't from Italy

And drink OJ made with Real Florida Oranges from cali? Eat cereal with California Raisins grown in France? Drink Champagne from grapes grown in Chile? Oh you want a coke? Here, I brought you a Pepsi.

Fucking use the real names for things you dense cunts.

>What's an acceptable alternative?

Grana Padano is a similar cheese that actually tastes a bit better but is less famous and therefore sells a bit cheaper.

Otherwise, I'm sure there's a local hard cheese you can get that ain't bad.

I love those movies

it's cheaper because it can be produced all year long so there is more offer,
parmigiano can only be produced in a certain period of time

sick meme and all but thats the kinda shit that needs to stop, gotta band together to protect what little is left agaisnt constant assault and tthis shit ain't helping

that's what I do, though you should cut it into smaller pieces first