Why does mcdonalds call onions "recons"?

why does mcdonalds call onions "recons"?

every shipment of onions is accompanied by a Blackwater protection squad after being captured in recon missions hence the name

Recon is short for "reconstituted"

They take dry dehydrated onion flakes and just add water to turn them back into normal diced onions. I really don't mind because they have a nice strong onion-y flavor.

r e c o n is 5 letters
o n i o n is 5 letters
they print "recon" on the receipts if you ask for no onions, and it says recons on the screen

why not just say onion
it's not a space thing

Because they want to differentiate those onions from the real fresh slivered onions that they put on quarter pounders and mcribs

but they don't put recons on a quarter pounder or mc rib and they don't out fresh onions on anything else

But you can request any item on any sandwich.

So if you wanted diced onion instead of slivers on your quarter pounder for example, the order would say

>QPC
>(-)onion
>(+)recon

concise, understandable, and futureproof for any future menu items that may use the same ingredient

They're likely required to call them "reconstituted onions" for legal purposes. When they shorten, it's most likely to be the first letters of a phrase.

>legal
Shut up dumbass.
Nothing worse than a sea lawyer.

then say DONION
instead of "RECON"

imagine how confusing that is at rush hour
>yeah ill take 3 big macks 2 n o onions 1 no onion extra recons no onion

You're gonna need to explain yourself because I don't see how you could possibly get confused with the order I wrote.

This is the way it would appear on the order monitor in the kitchen.

your a moran

*ur

I wish I could make their onions

as a lawyer specializing in bird law, i take offense at your discrimination against specialized lawyerings.

You've obviously never worked on a line, I don't want to accidentally mix up "onion" and "donion" when I quickly read over the tickets

How do they use fake onions? Onions are the cheapest and easiest thing to ship and prepare in the whole world. Of all the things the managed to make fresh, they skip on the easiest one?

You're making it even more confusing you idiot.

>lemme get uhhhh
>two big macs one with onions instead of donions one with extra donions and a quarter pounder with donions instead of onions
>min wage retard gets the ticket
>big mac -donion +onion
>big mac +donion
>quarter pounder -onion +donion
>inevitably all the onions and donions are mixed up

"Recon" and "onion" aren't even close, it prevents the moron reading the ticket from mixing the two up. Donion and onion could easily be misread.

imagine how confusing DONION and ONION would be during rush hour you dumb faggot fuck
only one letter off
you're a fucking retard and have never worked in fast food ever

i worked at a mcd for a week when i was 14, really liked smelling those dried onions other than that it was the worst week in my life

Probably some cooperate bullshit brainwashing employees into replacing a common word like onions with something they came up with.