Broil

Broil
>On

How does.Veeky Forums even aspagras?

Other urls found in this thread:

finecooking.com/article/the-science-of-pressure-cookers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

big pot blanch and then a light saute in olive oil with shallot.
finish with lemon zest.

Usually hot pan on the stovetop with olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and butter. But it's good in the oven too. Never tried it with the broiler.

Next, risotto is coming along fine.

I know I should have labeled OP as a cook a long, but fuck you, let's go. Whos with me

>olive oil in cast iron skillet
>lightly charred on the tips
>oregano, sea salt, lemon juice and parmesan at the end

rubbed with oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, and roasted with fresh grated parm on top

jesus dude what the fuck are you doing

Tossed in a hot pan with a Chinese black bean sauce.

Man, I'm on a huge lemn kick right now. Zesting, juicing, and even downright eating them whole

I'm following a simple lemon butter garlic sauce recipe tonight that's blown me away:
>5 Tbsp butter on meduim heat until melted...keep stirring/swirling until foam dissipates and butter turns brown and smells nutty.
>Remove from heat and add 1-2 cloves minced garlic and swirl around
>Savor aroma, life is short
>After 15 seconds, add 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice and stir in.
>Drip on top of scallops (coming)

>5 Tbsp butter on meduim heat until melted...keep stirring/swirling until foam dissipates and butter turns brown and smells nutty.
Beurre noisette

>oven
>400
>some oil
>salt + pepper

Toss w/ EVOO, garlic and salt. Bake at 350 for like 15-20, toss again with a little butter.

Toss in some ass with a dash of seamen

toss the pussy

Like your mom.

balsamic vinegar, lime juice and chopped almonds served over couscous or quinoa

this is my favorite original recipe

I'm making risotto and scallops, what are you doing with your life.

Anyway, if I may continue, I used a serious eats recipe. Turned out very very very good, I might add. Will post final pic if anyone is interested

Steamed with garlic butter like a fucking champion

I'd say you need better quality ingredients.
those scallops look wet packed and butchered to hell.

Based.

Sheit that sounds great. Did you toast the almonds?

For crying out loud I am I Iowa. There ain't a dry scallop within 500 miles. Besides, it's about expectations...if you don't k ow what a scallot is supposed to taste like (t. Me)then you don't give a fack

>For crying out loud I am I Iowa.
i'd pass on the seafood and stick to walleye and corn.

You must know your shit. Okoboji?

Fin.

Grilled with a bit of oil. I like mine still a bit crunchy. Toss with lemon juice and pesto

>I'm making risotto
if you say so

Too oily user. 3/10, would not bang.

>Too oily user.
the fuck?

lmao that fucking plating

It looks greasy and gross

go to bed child.

Some lass out there with a man too high and or drunk to fuck. He just doesn't know.

Learn how to cook cunt

More to the point, it's not fresh fucking green beans, asparagus is the lowest maintenance vegetable of them all, sauté for 3-4 minutes with reasonable butter and lots of salt, done. Don't be a pussy.

Fuck you it's my girls birthday and I wanted to make it special

Op here. I made it. It tasted creamy and delish. Not greasy at all. Very rich, very very good.

And I'm the first to say it was beginner's luck.

Post best risoot recipe

Grilled for me.

Is than an awesome infrared grill user?

Steamed with butter and salt.

I'm cooking some in bolognese right now, just to see what it's like

Usually the same as all my other veggies blanched for 30 seconds to two minutes (depending on the veg). Shaken dry and flashed in a smoking hot pan with salt and pepper for 15 seconds

Next time lean them against the rice with the scallops flanking them it will give better height and look more full and neater

lmfao this plating looks like it was made by a 12 year old

ALL THE BACON

dude, if you stopped long enough to take a photo with scallops in a cast iron they're already fucked.

yeah boi

>that plating
The food itself seems fine, but why did you make an asparagus octopus?

>Fuck you it's my girls birthday and I wanted to make it special
by posting it on Veeky Forums
that's hilarious

Oh god OP created a hellspawn

Cast iron, olive oil, crushed garlic, rosemary, salt pepper. Butter for the last 20 seconds. Serve with fresh hollandaise. Fuck bitches.

that's the risk we take when cooking, you never know when your food will turn into a hellspawn

I fucking hate you.

>splaying the asparagus out to ensure it gets as cold as possible

I remember eating a lot of baked asparagus one day and two days later taking the largest shit of my life.. im surprised the shit didnt tear my asshole apart..
I was thinking of trying to replicate what happened again, would boiling asparagus destroy the fibre content in it?

I just apply some salt, pepper and olive oil, dump them in my pressure cooker and set it to 1 minute. It basically cooks in the time it takes to come to pressure.

This has to be the dumbest method i've read in the entirety of Veeky Forums on any board.

>Steaming them is the dumbest method i've read ever

olive oil in a pan, heated lightly, add a whole garlic clove, cook it for 4 or 5 minutes, take it out then add the asparagus, cook until it's a little soft but not mushy.

>doesn't know a pressure cooker isn't steaming.

1990'scartoon.gif

that is exactly what pressure cooking is.

no

pressure cooking is steam and, believe it or not, pressure

yes

>pressure
the crux of the matter.

-grilled with olive oil, salt, pepper
-in oven wrapped in foil with salt, pepper
-Sautee and add soy sauce

>grilled with olive oil, salt, pepper
Mah venerable negrilino!

yes. steam pressure.

Steaming and pressure cooking is two different techniques.

aspapagras!

Good job little Billy! Now do you know what this picture is?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Broil for a minute or two after tossing in salt, pepper and evoo
Done in less than 5 minutes

Rub with oil, salt, and lemon pepper
Broil until slightly crispy

Large pot, inch of water, lid ajar.

Steam for two to three minutes.

Drizzle with olive oil, lemon, and pepper. Goes well with a steak of your choice and baked potato.

400 degree F, spray some oil on asparagus, 15 min in oven, then sprinkle salt, garlic powder and pepper.

I'm making them right now, funny enough. I'm going saute with butter, olive oil, salt n peppa, and garlic. Nothing fancy. I'll top with a little balsamic vinegar because I'm out of lemon.

Not if you use the pressure cooker to steam your food, you actual fucktard.

then its a steamer and not a pressure cooker.
Holy fuck how do you not know this?

Looks good but aren't those asparagus going to drip oil and butter on my nice tablecloth?

Next time make a log cabin out of the asparagus.

charcoal grilled, lemon juice and olive oil, finish with garlic, sea salt and cracked black pepper.

Attached: wow.gif (400x259, 2.61M)

ur a total fag dude

The way I do mine is light coating of olive oil, lawreys seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Then throw it on the grill for about 10 minutes

Anyone else use sesame oil instead of olive oil?

For me, it's cast iron.

>pan nice and hot
>tablespoon butter
>add sparagoose
>salt/pepp
>crushed garlic
>swirl around till dank and crispy

Fuckin delish

How exactly do you think pressure cookers create pressure, magic?

Attached: 1520627911626.jpg (600x756, 177K)

wat

Attached: z.jpg (2672x1503, 1.35M)

>trapped steam increases the atmospheric pressure inside the cooker by 15 pounds per square inch (psi), or 15 pounds above normal sea-level pressure
Are you trolling hard or seriously retarded
finecooking.com/article/the-science-of-pressure-cookers

Attached: 1511156336161.jpg (768x1024, 74K)

Butter, garlic, splash of soy sauce

Steam them or grill them. Then season them with just salt or pepper, maybe some butter and lemon juice. Grilling them whilst they have a brush of olive oil on them also tastes great.

>Looks good
nah