Britbongs-- Please explain yourselves

Britbongs-- Please explain yourselves.

Taco Bell has started to expand in the UK from a few novelty shops to a larger presence. 'Mexcan' food is fashionable and Taco Bell is something that's been in a lot of American media but most people have not been to as they only have had about three shops. Thus, a Taco Bell would be a local curiosity for a while and attract a decent opening crowd just for the novelty factor alone. Personally I would not go to one.

>the random clock on the side of the building
Where is the bell, though?

It's the same as when chain from x rolls up at country y. It's different, it's unique, but we've all heard about it for centuries!

We just had a Krispy Kreme open up in NZ (In the less savory neighborhood, go figure) and there was a multiple-hour queue for it for a couple days, as if nobody had ever had a doughnut for fucks sakes.

Krispy Kreme won't make you sick.

Not every country has the same fast food standards or ingredient sources.

As an American I find that ridiculous. Most countries have their own fast food chains and everybody knows that all fast food sucks.

>waiting multiple hours for fucking krispy kreme

Like, what could they possibly expect?

>Not every country
Does the British government in charge of food preparation at Britbong Taco Bell now??

A thousand likes on their facebook page I guess?

Europeans are obsessed with America

This.

yuros are always talking shit and then eat up our fast food. hilarious

To try something the Simpsons talked about. It's like if fictional characters came to town.

>euros are one person

It's not random. It's purposely put there for people to see the time. But currently it's wrong because Serbians are cunts.

There's more than one person in that line jackass.

i bet you fucking money that the krispy kreme is better than whatever you fucking kiwis have for doughnuts

It is, nz is a quaint backwards shithole stuck 1-2 generations behind on everything

Tell me about the great advances in doughnut technology from the past two generations. I have never been out of my quaint shithole.

They cut a hole out of the center

>what is diabeetus?

They're the biggest faggots in the entire world. Quite hilarious indeed.

Diabetes is a meme

What's hilarious is a line that long and not a single morbidly obese person.

Let's see that happen in your shit tier hell hole.

one of these opened in brighton, and i went in to try it out of curiosity. it was absolute shite.
and yet it daily has queues like pic related.
wtf is this shit?

Fug that's Colchester, live near there. The town if full of mouth breathers young and old, so I'm not surprised. I have seen that Taco Bell and never got food there because I don't think mexican food is particularly good as a fast food and also the hygiene of it looked really poor.

Why the fuck is taco bell even in England now? We don't have a large Mexican population, I swear we just copy everything from America a few years later. All this shit is imported from the states and its terrible, places like taco bell, subway etc.

You wouldn't see a cornish pasty company place opening up in the states I imagine.

Hey brighton bro. Want to meet up and fuck?

There have been mexican restaurants and fast food places in England for decade, wtf are you on about?

Gourmet mexican restaurants are different to low grade fast food.

I'm saying it makes sense that we have lots of kebab and indians due to immigrants as it does make sense to have Taco Bell in America due to its mexican immigrants. But it seems really out of place here. I'm just surprised there is demand, personally I think Mexican food is only worthwhile served in a halfway decent restaurant not as a fast food item.

I see your point now. I'm too hungover to argue.

no, i am not a homosexual

Honestly what's the point in living here then?

i live in hove. it's a great town.

So do I...

Wouldn't it be easier if you just agreed to have sex with me?

just put it up his bum. he'll come around.

Curiosity for something us brits see in the media plenty but many haven't tried. It's the same for Shake Shack and Five Guys which have done alright over here, but at least both of those have a somewhat decent product. The first UK branch of Dunkin Donuts opened in my town and has closed after a year or two.

Not sure how well Taco Bell will do. I've never tried it (and i'm not really tempted). Wahaca is a good Mexican chain but i'm guessing it's priced higher

The thing is everything is more expensive here. I assume the attraction of taco bell in the US is the cheapness of the food. There's no dollar menu at the UK one, the tacos are over £2. It just doesn't work.

Anyway, I've tried pretty much everything on the menu at the one in Brighton and there's only one thing worth buying.

Surprised they didn't rename it Taco Bong tbqh

This raised a genuine chuckle.

Well done.

Or should I say well bong?

You’re a meme, fatty

You're the fatty, memeboy

>t. constantly refers to every American he encounters on Veeky Forums as a 56% mongoloid atrocity.
Doesn't feel.good when someone does it to you, does it?

Pretty much all fast food is shit, Taco Bell included, but the price is decent here in England. Most fast food places are fucking expensive, were talking over £6 for a Big Mac meal. I understand going for the novelty as well, but I don't understand queueing down the street to get in. It's still going to be there next week when the queue is gone.

>the virgin Greggs vs the Chad West Cornwall Pastie company

All I can think when they're right next door to each other.

Back in the 80s Taco Bell was amazing. You could hard, soft tacos, maybe a burrito, nacos and cheese and a beer.

Their nacho chips where tiny triangles of delicious salt and the cheese wasn't phony garbage. tacos were frsh as fuck and went with the nachos perfectly.

Now its just tostitos and grocery store garbage mixed with sawdust.

it's not like there aren't 1000 other taco places to choose from now

I couldn't disagree more. You can get three cheese burgers from McDonald's for the price of one small taco.

Media is practically America's largest export to most countries. No shit they'd be curious about things that mostly exist or happen here.
It remains successful because of how inexpensive it has stayed over the decades. It does suck, but price and familiarity matters more to enough people.

2bh if a Hesburger or something like that from Europe opened up in my city I'd go check it out

>the Taco Bell in my town shut down for renovations

This is the closest thing in Minnesota. Food truck is meme
The door behind the truck is the actual store. I doubt many people actually visit. I lived only a block or two from it at one point. It's the back entrance of a basement of a strip-mall - so the entrance isn't on the strip-mall side of the street. You basically go down some stairs and at the end of a hallway they have a half-door where you can order food.

pic related

I'm surprised it took them that long to adopt mexican food. I'm always surprised some dude in east/central europe has never had a taco.

Sometimes I don't think I mind being close to mexico.

Canada's never given us shit though. Pouring gravy on french fries doesn't count.

we've had mexican food for years. my town has 3 or 4 mexican restaurants
i even remember seeing a few in london in the late 80s although i never ate there.
but lately they have opened a whole bunch of these places, and they are terrible.
we have maybe a dozen great independent pizzerias in my town, and yet plenty of people would still rather go to pizza hut. it's not even cheaper, so price is nothing to do with it.
unrelated, but i always though it's weird how we get great canadian cheddar in the UK and yet I have never seen a cheese from the US that wasn't absolute shite, but surely you must make good cheese. surely?

>Yuropoors and Australians spend their entire day crying about Americans on Veeky Forums
>wait hours in line to eat at American fast food restaurants
classic

Attached: lindseyaskin.jpg (530x425, 184K)

tastes better than what they already got

Fat the fat fatty

>waiting in a long line for fast food
>garbage, overpriced food

Why would anyone do this?

Maybe there are multiple demographics with a broad range of opinions living within those regions. Not like in America where we all have the same view of the world, right?

>great canadian cheddar
It’s hardly Montgomery’s lad. Adequate at best.

Its very rare for brits to get to have any kind of meat besides lamb. Not halal you see.

Hell we had a Krispy Kreme open here in Houston and there was a line and backed up traffic for weeks

Memesly Memesworth III

The UK needs millions of Mexican immigrants so they can experience a mediocre taco. Its worth it

Oh wow I didn't know nigs and spics liked donuts

Calm down Aiden

Is it hard to make your own tortillas and taco meat?

well you need corn and a cow so yeah

Only if you’re gentle with my feminine penis

Can this be achieved under Sharia law or does the UK need to import mexican refugees?

Well, i know there is a cow close by. So i guess i'm already half way there.

Inshallah, we will teach the kuffir to respect us

>Where is the bell, though?

It interrupted the call to prayer so they melted it down.

Lol, as if there's a single non white in Brighton. It's literally and figuratively the white city.

Americans on suicide watch.

See you in Brighton sauna in 30. You'll know me because I'll look exactly like someone who browses Veeky Forums.

i know lad. nothing beats a whip-cracking vintage somerset cheddar.
i just think it's weird that canadians can manage decent cheese, yet americans can't. or at least we don't get to see any of it

this. probs the whitest city in england

Have you ever tried Blacksticks Blue? They sell it in Sainsbury. Even if you don't like blue cheese I recommend it, it's my absolute favourite cheese of all time.

just to clarify this for the uninitiated, this is an inside joke
everyone who goes to that sauna looks like someone who browses Veeky Forums
because they do

same in SA, i remember kids taking the morning off school and coming in late with the stupid hats on

I didn't know they had Krispy Kreme in South Africa

Yeah I love black sticks.

it's a prime example of corporate idiocracy. I guarantee you every single of them took a photo of their food and only hate half of it in the end.

yes m8. blacksticks is banging.
the same dairy also makes a blue goats cheese called 'beacon blue', it's available in the tesco finest range.

do they still have a watersports/scat room?
asking for a friend

I used to know a guy who worked the front desk for a while but was straight, apparently the owner would constantly try to ply him with cocaine to fuck him. No idea why he worked there. Never been in there myself, not really turned on by the idea of sex with strangers.

As this is now a Brighton thread, ha anyone eaten at sixty four degrees yet? My brother in law went last night and said it was good, he had the 13 course taster menu. I really want to go.

Does any rich brighton bro want to take me? I could be your date (male).

Currently at the north end of the Level if anybody wants to share a needle and some friendship.

I'll take you if you let me bum the heck out of you after

Unironically: you will have to ask my husband about that.

i'll bum him too

i'll bum anyone m8

I'll bum you m8

Also has Plateau gotten any better recently? I went there about a year ago and thought it was overpriced. The meat was dry and the wine selection pretty poor.

Same happened when we got Carl's Jr. I went to it on opening night in Pakuranga (even though that was the second or third store) and me and my mate waited in the drive through for over an hour and when we left the que was twice as long as when we pulled in, and was right down the middle of pak highway

I live in Massachusetts and I've never known a Dunkin Donuts to shut down. There's at least 4 within walking distance of my house. I don't doubt a fifth could open up and get enough business to stay open.

This isn't about taco bell any more, it's about bumming people silly in Brighton. Get on board.

Deal. Nice fives.

I don't want to sound like a vain cunt but please don't be fat or ugly.

Mate I'm the one potentially getting bummed, I'm fully on-board.