Let's talk about one of the most underappreciated food nations out there: Turkey

Let's talk about one of the most underappreciated food nations out there: Turkey

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVXloC4OigI&list=RDIVXloC4OigI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lahmacun: comparable to pizza but better

Döner is a more popular streetfood than hamburgers in Germany, and for good reason
Greasy delicious meat in a bread drenched in sauces... delicious!

Perhaps Turkey is most renowned for its desserts
They usually feature puff pastry, nuts and lots of honey

what the fuck happened in Turkey in 1999-2001? why did you miserable freaks suddenly stopped eating potatoes? did you feel ashamed?

You don't wanna be a vegetarian in Turkey, you'd just be missing out

Potatoes aren't really traditionally part of our cuisine, we just eat them when times are tough and there's nothing else

so, in the year 2000, times were suddenly no longer tough?

Yes. The 90s were a pretty tough period in most of the world.

Also wtf are you on about traditions? Turkey has NO traditions. You occupied they country. The people who owned the land before you stole had traditions, you just have a culture of stupid violence.
yes I remember people starving until Turks finally stopped eating potatoes and saved the world.

Stop being butthurt.
The Turkic tribes had their own dishes and customs. Anatolians living there did too. Persian influences were a factor as well. All of this resulted in what we today call Turkish cuisine.
We adopted some of their stuff, introduced some of our stuff. Either way, it's ours by right of conquest.

they also have a dessert made with chicken

how about KUMPIR?not really

>Either way, it's ours by right of conquest.
What's your opinion on Israel then?

Why are you derailing a thread about food into an /int/ tier shitflinging show? Go be autistic somewhere else

Turks by large don't mind Israel, we aren't Arabs. But truth be told, they didn't conquer the country themselves, the piece of land was given to them by the allies.

Fixed some minor mistakes on your map. You're welcome

you still didn't explain immense and sudden drop in potato consumption that happened in the year 2000 in Turkey.
I mean look at the pic. Potato consumption dropped to less than a quarter of the preceding year. And it had been constantly rising up untill this point.
Did your dictator order you to stop or something? Were potatoes together with Gülen and got arrested?

Hmmm, I live in Paterson and a lot of Turks I know really don't like Israel and support Palestinians indepdene. Oddly enough, they hate Kurds though and dont' think Kurds deserve autonomy

>right of conquest
try to cite that when standing in front of a judge for theft or robbery of a ladies' handbag

Kumpir is a popular turkish potato dish you fucking idiot.

>Were potatoes together with Gülen and got arrested?
lol

Why does Turkey create such a massive amount of butthurt anytime someone mentions it?

Turks are more patriotic and more falg-waving than even most stereotyupical amerkins

yes cuz all the shit tier turks migrated to germany

I can confirm this, the Turks are all shit tier here. "Mountain Turks" from Anatolia - illiterate goatherders, and that's if you are lucky.

t. German

USA has north south divide. Turkey has east west divide. Eastern Half of country is gun loving Quran humpers

they make cheap pizzas and kebab though

good value

No, they aren't all shit tier here. Stop being a racist idiot.

In Turkey, the judge IS the robber.

This is not racism, it's observation. The ethnic origin only matters if the person makes a negative impression.

Nobody talks about those who aren't. They are considered Germans. If you identify someone as a Turk or a Kurd, he/she is a criminal or a lunatic or both. If an Anatolian immigrant is a no criminal or islamofascist, he would never be called a Turk, because he is integrated and well-assimilated.

tl;dr: Only the evil Ausländer get called Turks. The others are simply Germans, like everyone else.

>The others are simply Germans, like everyone else.
You don't actually believe that, do you? To Germans anyone who doesn't have German blood is an Ausländer, even if their families have been living there for generations. Volga Germans still are just called Russians, even if they have German citizenship, for example. Germany is extremely elitist when it comes to this, very similar to Japan's "gaijin" culture.

This stuff (and its variations) is really good but that's about it. Overall the Turkish cuisine is pretty bad, whole lot of grease, vegetables are usually cooked to death, lack of variety and interesting flavors and the desserts are way too fucking sweet.

>I don't like this dessert because it's too sweet

>lets drench this piece of puff pastry in a half gallon of syrup and then put some crushed nuts on it
>that'll do the job

>I don't want my dessert to be as sweet as humanly possible

>desserts are way too fucking sweet.
glad i'm not only one who thinks so

>Cheesecake? No thanks, I am eating this whole bag of sugar as my dessert
>You can't go sweeter than this!

>Germany is extremely elitist when it comes to this
Actually it's not. As long as people behave according to the law, nobody gives a shit for their ethnic background. The only racists/fascists here (in the west) are some neonazi weirdos who area very small minority themselves, oh AND THE TURKS.

Those Russians you are talking about are only frowned upon because they don't behave according to the law.

If you speak fluently German, know something about German culture that your conversational partner doesn't know and is interested in, and strictly follow the German laws, you are German and accepted as a German, at least in the civilized regions of Germany.

You missed the point of my post. I was saying that to a German, only a person of German ethnicity will ever be German. If the person has a Turkish or Russian name, then that person will be an Ausländer. This has nothing to do with whether they behave or don't.

Ah, just stop. I live in Hesse. There's a tattoo studio run by a person of Polish ancestry in the next town over. For everyone, when they refer to his business, they say "that tattoo-place run by the Pole", even though he was born here and speaks german on a native level. Similarly, there's a restaurant run by people whose parents came from Croatia. If you wanna go there, you tell your friend "let's go to that Yugoslavian place". There's countless examples of stuff like this.

>I was saying that to a German, only a person of German ethnicity will ever be German.
and this is not true as I tried to explain to you in
and and btw this definition I gave in is so valid to me, that even a native German person with German "blood" as you called it who doesn't fit this definition is no real German to me, but scum

the restaurant serves Croat food, and this is why you say "let's go to the Croat"
if it served only Chinese food and was run by Nigerians you'd still say "let's go to the Chinese"

It serves German food. It's called "zum Lindenkopf". They serve stuff like Sauerbraten and Apfelwein.

it is not surprise that people from the tattoo scene get described by their ethnic origin, the tattoo scene is full with criminals

let me guess, they also serve cevapcici? also all yugo food shares lots of overlap with austrian food

I've been living in Turkey for six months or so, the expat food is wholely incomparable with the real deal. My fave restaurant at the mo is this Thai/ Turkish fusion place near Taksım (heart of Istanbul). Seriously in terms of diversity and quality produce, it's a world of difference, speaking from the perspective of someone who ate a lot of Turk food back in Australia.
Seafood is huge in Turkish cuisine, something that definitely isn't apparent from the red-meat dönerfests in Turkish expat cuisine the world over.

deserts are basically congealed sugar

true for all the middle east really

Kurd tears.
youtube.com/watch?v=IVXloC4OigI&list=RDIVXloC4OigI

Here's a little mnemonic trick to help with the spelling;
Deserts are all about scarcity. Thirst, hunger etc. Only gets one S
Dessert is about indulgence and surplus. It's something you have on top of the actual meal. Gets two Ss.

seafood is huge near the coast, you dipshit. in eastern turkey not so much

turkey national dish

perfect döner: no red cabbage, double onions!

bump

turks are terrible cooks