What's the best vegetable and why is it Broccoli?

What's the best vegetable and why is it Broccoli?

Attached: broccoli.jpg (2000x1333, 115K)

i really like leek. but thats because i am addicted to the taste when used in soup. like i use a fuckton of leek in my soups

thank you for speaking the truth when noone else will

Leeks are alright. Nice taste, but I can't stomach the texture. But I can't do any onion(aside from garlic)

broccoli is my favorite as well. good grilled, steamed, fried, and blended. so versatile.

Leek makes me gassy af

You can not name a savory dish not made better by this.

Attached: Fried-Onions.jpg (1000x667, 193K)

is broccoli actually toxic ? I never minded it before, but is it actually bad for you ?

Personally I think onions are the best vegetable.
All variations (shallots, spring, red).
Broccoli is definitely in my top 5, maybe even top 3.

Nope, on the contrary, it's one of the most healthy vegetables you can eat.

Also a strong contender. Replace up to 50% of a meal for a drastic reduction of caloric density without much effect on palatability.

Attached: green beans.jpg (2000x1111, 394K)

Asparagus, grilled.

broccoli is great, but it's a little too annoying to cook nicely to be the GOAT. mushrooms and onions are stupidly easy to cook and compliment nearly everything they go with, and for that reason i think theyre the best.

I need to learn to cook green beanzzz

Also this, fucking delicious.

Why did nobody tell me there were delicious greens when I grew up. Fucking parents.

Attached: fried-asparagus-garlic-butter.jpg (800x600, 95K)

Fuck frozen green beans, they're always sweet. Fresh is pgood though, no idea what they do to the frozen beans, though.

What do you mean annoying? Boil some water, get a steamer inlay there nigga

Or hell just throw them into the pan with whatever you're frying, put a lid on it and let it be steamed by the juicy meat-steam. Works great with chicken.

>Broccoli is annoying to cook
>boiling for 5 minutes or steaming for 10
You’re one lazy fuck.

I always buy broccoli when it's on sale and then process it into one ziplock bag of florets and one bag of chopped up stem and then I eat the broccoli every day steamed with cheese sauce or in ramen or just raw with dip and then blanch and freeze the stem bits for when I make soup

i eat broccoli regularly and i do all of those things. all im saying is that it involves slightly more effort when compared to others to get the title of GOATq. regardless of how delicious broccoli is, for the two i mentioned you'd have to make an effort to fuck them up, and in my arbitrary rulebook that makes them superior vegetables.

dont worry just one user's shitty opinion.

Okinawan purple potato. It's less sweet than your standard sweet potato. When cubed and roasted in the oven it caramelizes and has a thicker crisp on the outside with significantly more chew than any other potato. The color is fantastic as well.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (700x525, 65K)

t. hipster weeb

Hmm, it's all brightly colored and all.. I'm surprised I never see this being hocked everywhere as the latest trendy "superfood".

Anything but onion or garlic is objectively incorrect.

Garlic is a condiment, you can't really make a dish out of it.

>select all bridges
>one is clearly a speed camera frame
>won't let me post until I check it
Fuck you mook.

Onions and cabbage are both top tier. Garlic too. Hard to pick a #1 favorite.

>Broccoli with onions in meals
>Just eat garlic cloves as are
>Inb4 it isnt nice

>mushrooms
>vegetable

>you can't really make a dish out of it.
>not eating plain whole cloves of garlic that you roasted in the oven