Just give it to me straight Veeky Forums: what is the best and easiest way to make coffee

just give it to me straight Veeky Forums: what is the best and easiest way to make coffee

Attached: n-COFFEE-BREWING-628x314.jpg (628x314, 30K)

For me, it’s a McCafe. The Best Coffee.

french press
or find a solid local shop and pay for it

Anyone on any budget should never pay for coffee from a shop

Moka pot

pourover is probably what gives you the most quality for the least effort

Just get a Mr Coffee or whatever cheap coffee maker, use medium roast beans, use distilled water, use a creamer made from real milk or cream

it's not difficult

insulated french press + electric kettle. Having a dedicated electric coffee machine triggers my autism hard for no reason though.

Pic related is by far the easiest way to make coffee if you're going to use milk. (Instant coffee, just pour some grains into a mug and hot water on top and stir)

If you're not using milk, the easiest is pour-over coffee. French press is really simple too but if you're coffee is shit it'll taste much worse than shit coffee from pour-over.

Attached: NE014-2.jpg (245x500, 99K)

easiest? regular drip machine.
best? the gale method.

Attached: breaking-bad-episode-308-gale-costabile-press-1200.jpg (1200x707, 682K)

Hario V60, electric burr grinder with a scale built into it, electric kettle. I boil water in my kettle, I push one button to grind the coffee, pour the ground coffee into a filter, bloom the coffee for 30 seconds, then brew the rest over like 3 minutes. I used to think it was necessary to slowly add the water, but I pretty much do it in three big hits now.

this.
Kalita wave for me

Depends how much time.

Easiest: good quality, fresh ground through a decent drip machine. Preferably Bunk in my experience.

Best: Same as above but learn to pour over. V60 is best. But if you're new, use chemex, it's more forgiving.

im probably gonna get a melitta porcelain brew cone, easier to get filters for it where im at

This just get a french press. It's hard to fuck up and makes great coffee if you aren't incompetent. This may not be for everyone but I personally recommend getting a camping one, they work the same as every other french press but will never break and can be taken anywhere. They are pretty ugly though so if you like having a really aesthetically pleasing coffee maker its probably not for you.

Attached: FrenchPress.jpg (680x510, 13K)

I don't know, french press is pretty good and about as easy as it gets.

>ctrl+f cold brew
>no results
you literally don't even need to boil water

(in fairness, you do need to plan ahead in order to let it steep. but it does make a damn good cup, if you make it strong enough.).

French press is no better than just drip coffee. but its an action so it makes people feel better about it.

>find a solid local shop and pay for it
some people like to have a coffee before they leave the house. weird, huh?

It is weird. That's clearly the time for drinking tea.

Moka pot is the best flavour for money and I think it's the most convenient when you consider how quick and easy it is to rinse out and keep clean, and also to use.

tea is what you have at grandma's house when you're pretending to listen to her ramble on about her fancy new shower curtain.

>quick and easy
oh wew

especially if you want to make multiple cups, holy fug. Moka pot is probably my favorite home brew but it's such a pain in the ass to make enough to take with me I've been using my roommate's french press instead.

>French press is no better than just drip coffee
this has not been my experience. though, to be fair, I've never done a blind test. Have you?

umm. moka pots come in different sizes. uhh

it's like complaining about swimming laps in a bath tub when you should be at the pool.

your response to the other poster makes it clear that you're incredibly biased towards the french press, which is cool and all. but why? do you just want something to argue about to pass time and engage your mind?

i don't care what op chooses. he could buy an E61 for all i care. but you just sound silly when you make up hyperboles when you should be drinking coffee from a mug, not a bole. that's for supe.

>umm. moka pots come in different sizes. uhh
True! But you still can't necessarily make exactly as much as you want, unless you happen to want whole-number multiples of 10 demitasses (~15 oz) or whatever.

>you're incredibly biased towards the french press
IDK mane, I like moka pot coffee better and I use mine regularly, I just think FP wins on convenience.

>do you just want something to argue about to pass time and engage your mind?
pretty much!

>you should be drinking coffee from a mug, not a bole
drinking coffee from a bowl is very trad

(though I normally use a Stanley thermos.).

Caffeine pills

I prefer Lavazza Oro through an espresso machine.

Attached: portafilter.jpg (1600x1200, 296K)

For me, it’s Instant coffee packets

did you miss the first line? it's called an alternative, not an ultimatum.

Boil water, paper towel over a tall cup, 2 spoons of coffee grounds into the paper towel, carefully pour the water over the coffee into the cup.

Wet the paper towel first and ring out the water. And use a rubber band to hold down the paper towel.

Attached: 20180311_043339.jpg (4160x3120, 3.58M)

i live in a first world country, thanks anyway

Too complicated, user.
Bring water to a boil, pour some amount of grounds into it (I like enough to make a thin layer over the water), shut off the heat, stir grounds once, then cover with a lid.
Let the pot "simmer" on the dissipating heat from the coils while you go take a shower.

Pour as much of this into a size of cup of your choosing.
Done! All you need is water, a pot, and grounds.

is pour over like a french press but without the pressing?

Any cold brew fans up in here?
N-no?

french press is the most forgiving/easy method with nearly best results. I prefer pourover for brewed coffee but it takes more work. or just make your own cold brew

I go French press, it's surprisingly easy and it makes great coffee

Get outta here greaseball

I use a French press. I have a 40 year old espresso maker I picked up in a small town thrift shop for like $12, and it works pretty damn good. I mostly use it for lattes for my wife. Strong coffee and heavy cream will make her shit when she’s blocked up, which is almost all the time. I don’t understand why women don’t shit like normal people...

Aeropress

Nuff sed