Classic Ameri/ck/ana

Meatloaf with Garlic Mashed Potato, Green Beans, and Mushroom Gravy.
Under $2/serving.

Whats for dinner poorfags?

Attached: IMG_20180310_212304.jpg (4096x3072, 4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dqNLyNWniTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck me i want to be american
Our meatloaf looks nothing like that
Good job mate how about a recipe

Inb4 amerifats

Now that is a hearty midwestern meal

For me, it's what ever is available at the Dollar Tree.

Why are your green beans raw?

Attached: Messages Image(1662026702).png (249x228, 62K)

>no steak
enjoy failure

>no steak
Meatloaf is reconstructed steak.

mind=blown

Attached: 012.jpg (640x640, 33K)

this, you need to boil them in bacon and chicken stock for at least an hour. None of that chlorophyll tasting crunchy french shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=dqNLyNWniTY

North aesthetic = dark brown with brown gavy, South aesthetic = golden brown with white gravy

I like both but as a North I love fried shit and white cum gravy

Attached: countryfried.jpg (960x640, 88K)

>i have the palate of a goat

don't be mean to chef john.
Apologize. I think he lurks here.
Plus don't goats like chlorophyll?

Dank

Wouldn't a goat prefer uncooked beans?

mmmmmmmmeatloaf

why would you have white gravy?

I would eat the fuck outta that shit.

Why would anyone boil green beans for an hour? Even if youre going for a floppy overcooked southern style it doesnt take an hour at a boil. They will disintegrate.

Because it tastes fucking delicious on fried foods.

A white milk-based gravy is pretty standard in the southern us but it tends to go on bisquits, grits, shrimp, and "southern fried" whatever like breaded chicken cutlets and beef patties. I dont know what it has to do with meatloaf. Meatloaf is usually ketchup or a brown gravy.

Hey op can we get your recipe and cost breakdown? Im a poorfag.

chef john says 2hrs.

First off... everything CJ says ends with an upward shift in pitch so it is unclear if he is saying two hours or asking if its two hours. Secondly... he is simmering not boiling. Read a book.

Simmering for two hours?
Only if you're going for floppy overcooked disintegrated green beans. What a fucking retard you are.

I understsnd reading comprehension is not your strong suit but come on... are you even trying? I support neither boiling for one hour nor simmering for two.
Go back and reread the thread. Take your time... sound out the big words.
Ill wait.

You're just assblasted because you think boiling and or simmering beans that long will "disintegrate" them. Which is completely and totally wrong.

>im american i look all of my food overcooked. I have no frame of reference. Olive drab green beans is all ive ever known.

>I only know french classical blanching and never loooooz di boil uhhh hooooh uhhh.

>grandma taught me to cook from her whitetrash repertoire of boiling veg into a mass of grey pulp flavored with pork fat, salt and cayenne, but yuh know we wuz kangs and shite.

>I came into a classic Americana thread to spout hundred year old french classical techniques.
Also you have no idea the difference between haricot verts and blue lake green beans.

Why does your meatloaf look burned

it's basically beschemel sauce.