Pressure Cookers

Why are pressure cookers so fucking punchable?
How do we stop the pressure cooker menace?

Attached: instant-pot-ultra-10-in-1-pressure-cooker.jpg (1200x630, 130K)

Convince fear-gripped flyovers on facebook that pressure cookers are only useful for making bombs. This should be easy since they all eat out of boxes and from the drive-"thru" [sic] and the idea that a pressure cooker might be used for food would be an utterly alien concept to them

Attached: republicans.jpg (960x602, 54K)

A true menace.

I always thought this kind of shit was offensively faggoty. It's like just cook your food holy fuck.
The only time I ever wasn't pissed at someone for using a slowcooker thing was because they were transporting chili for a chili cook off, or they were using it just buffet style to keep a couple of side dishes warm for the company.

>Sperging this hard at a cooking tool

Attached: 1520190102575.png (568x433, 122K)

Did you just bring a picture of a pressure cooker into paint and make it look broken?

>tfw quinoa cooking in the pressure cooker as we speak for my week worth of lunches

Attached: 1516161265198.jpg (720x1080, 506K)

/Thread

obviously the people that overuse this need to hang themselves, but there is some pretty delicious shit you can make from this. I once made this Turkish Apricot Chicken and it was fap-worthy

called "tajeen" or something like that.

>This should be easy since they all eat out of boxes and from the drive-"thru" [sic] and the idea that a pressure cooker might be used for food would be an utterly alien concept to them

This is what coasties and eurocucks actually believe. You don't know the US history of stews? That's a shame, flyovers hunt alot and usually make stew out of shitty parts of the animal since they are poor and less money on food pays for more guns. Stews are often made with pressure cookers for great results.

Attached: 1520575182322.gif (200x267, 858K)

He put a shitty face on it. zoom in user lol

It's not a slow cooker

I just made caramelized onions in 40 minutes, mister kitchen luddite

Be me be able to make fall apart amazing roast beef same quality as I would get from 8 hours in a slow cooker but in only an hour.

That face when some retard on a Mongolian throat slapping board is trying to talk shit about my amazing pressure cooker

Stupid retard probably has never even cooked anything before outside of Raman and meme dishes from his stupid Mongolian basket weaving board

Don't even green text because I'm not a fucking retard

Picture semi-related

Attached: IMG_7571_zpslnrzbekx.jpg (600x800, 157K)

Is that a joke or can you actually use a pressure cooker for that? Don't you need the water to evaporate from the onions?

>Why are pressure cookers so fucking punchable?
>How do we stop the pressure cooker menace?
Every generation discovers the pressure cooker like it's some amazing gadget.

I like mine for making chicken stock. Frozen cut up chicken + water + an onion skin or celery heart and bam, bone broth of high quality in ~30 minutes, and my sick body can get a quick really nourishing soup from my pantry. This kind of chicken stock is essential when I am making an ethnic chicken soup where I need to exclude american celery flavors from asian soup, or my mexican menu idea.

There is one secret meat sauce I duplicated, the old Shorty's and Uncle Tom's BBQ sauces from Miami (before it got vinegarized to the modern incarnations). These BBQ sauces were mostly meat drippings and really long roasted coffee and caramelized onion creations that took hours but I mocked it up one day in the pressure cooker and the memories are mine now!

A pressure cooker can make tough beef tender fast too, but it's not essential, and really a crock pot will work, just not as fast.

>There is one secret meat sauce I duplicated, the old Shorty's and Uncle Tom's BBQ sauces from Miami
Recipe. Now.
This is not a request, this is an order, soldier.
Comply or be court-martialed.

Attached: 501st_legion_clone_trooper.jpg (428x500, 28K)

Ay gimme some good BBQ sauce

yep it's 15 minutes in the cooker and 25 to reduce the liquid

>overuse
Define overuse in this context.

I'm thinking of getting one for pulled pork and shredded chicken.

I never go out of my way to make stock and buy poultry to do it, but if I do cook a chicken or buy one at costco I'll throw the left over carcass in and 30 minutes later have stock and a surprising amount of meat that can be saved from the bones. Makes great soups, stews, etc..

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash.

people who pretty much dump old lettuce in a pressure cooker and call it a 'healthy well balanced meal', and do this 5 times a week.

using slow cookers all my life, getting a pressure cooker changed my fucking life.. saute shit DONE, cook tender meats in a hour instead of 3 DONE. do not stop the pressure cooker menace, the menace is in you all

Thanks, man. I'll try that.

Attached: 1518105297719.jpg (680x500, 48K)

...what?

But it is though. That's an instapot.

Is it?

Kek. I zoomed too far in

You're a fucking retard.

t.soyboy

Literally the only thing I use my pressure cooker for is chicken broth.

beans. I got hundreds of pounds of beans stashed away in my room. I pressure cook a huge batch every week, and store the beans in the fridge for food purposes. Pressure cookers also are great for cooking potatoes and quickly cooking up some components for soups and stews.

get a job

I’ve got some honey garlic chicken breast going in mine right now, barely any effort for 3 days of delicious food.

Nice

pressure cookers dry out the meat too much.
The only thing I use mine for is hard cooked eggs, because it makes them peel easier.

is pressure cooker soop equal to all day soop? i don't have a pressure cooker, but i kind of enjoy the ritual of the broth and slowly adding ingredients.
and not to go full kaczynski, but i fear that if we continue down this path we'll wholly forget how to actually cook our own food. to an extent we're there now, but at this rate ovens will be an oddity in a generation.
i think we have a responsibility to cook as our parents did. and if they were plebs, cook as your grandma did. if we don't, it'll be lost.
if a family doesn't have a recipe book, it's less of a family. i've seen both sides of "normal american life" and one side doesn't even respect itself.
that side is the majority and also the worst part, the side the world sees.
i could write up a twenty foot wall on the decent, proper, true americans, but

It really is God tier for making quinoa

Yeah. An instant pot is just a fancy, self contained electric burner/pot with a sealable lid. Put it manual, set it to low, and leave the lid in venting mode, boom. Slow cooker. Or just press the slow cooker setting if it has one.

Whoops, meant to quote

...how is that possible? It literally keeps liquid from escaping.

not from the meat you dodo .