Can I get some greentext (fictional and non) about life as a boiled peanut guy?

Can I get some greentext (fictional and non) about life as a boiled peanut guy?

Attached: 483169849.jpg (1024x694, 245K)

Attached: HOT in GA Trip July 2010 008.jpg (1600x1200, 645K)

the boiled peanut guy in my hometown died, sad. we used to always get it after church

Attached: DSC00681.jpg (1600x1200, 531K)

Soggy nuts?

I feel your pain. It's only a matter of time before corporate nuts take over.

Attached: o.jpg (1000x750, 169K)

>hot, humid south carolina summers
>60 year old black man
>can trace my ancestry back to the plantation where my great great grandpappy was born
>great great grandpappy had a decent life as a slave
>hard worker, kind, good father, god serving man
>i wish to honor him by keeping the boiled peanut tradition alive
>nothing finer than south carolina peanuts, tomatoes, and peaches
>mfw these whities on 501 don't know true culture

Do they taste like beans?

>501

unexpectedly deep

do they taste like benis?

I just drove into Shreveport, LA last night and couldn't wait to stop at a gas station for some of them cajun boiled peanus. I found them at the first stop across the state line and promptly went to town slurping those soft, salty nuts and nut juice. Still got some left over to snack on in my hotel room

Attached: 20171224_201658-1742x1512.jpg (1742x1512, 394K)

I like the pride, time, and thoughtfulness that go into each man's setup

501 is the original slave road.

this is the final stage of boiled peanut stands

Attached: peanuttyt.jpg (1632x1224, 1.06M)

I used to live just 5 minutes from this guy's place. He's been there for as long as I can remember. That lot in West Ashley is probably worth a good deal of money by now - but the man is devoted to his boiled peanuts.

surprised there is a VT flag

the fuck are boiled peanuts?

They're peanuts that have boiled

Your explanation is incomplete.

How do you eat boiled peanuts? Do you take the shell off first like normal?

I am glad so many south carolinians are ITT

Attached: C_IYFpZVwAA1Q8e.jpg (634x576, 44K)

>Not eating your peanut with the exoskeleton

Oh boy nothing cools me down on a 100 degree summer day like some boiling water

it's good for fiber intake

Nothin better than a Rooster Booster and some boiled peanus to start my day

Attached: 20180311_130509-2016x1512.jpg (2016x1512, 534K)

>that first rooster boostâ„¢ of the day

mongrel inbred southerners put the boiled soft peanut, shell and all in their mouth and suck out the juice before eating the peanut. it reminds them of sex with their dad at a young age.

this must be a southern thing cause we don't have this in Colorado

Obviously

Attached: Copy of 12657873_941545499263174_2684742593579208745_o.jpg (981x1284, 68K)

boiled benis

I buy a cup when I go to the flea market. I prefer the "cajun" flavored ones.

They sell them at the liquor store but I don't trust them, or their pickled eggs or really any food they sell. Not sure how big of an alcoholic you need to be to find the liquor store prepared foods appealing but I've yet to reach that level

Regional delicacy, you boil a bunch of peanuts in salted water. They get all soft and delicious.

You pop open the tip of the shell with your thumb and forefinger, and then stick the opening in your mouth and suck out the juices. After that you ease the shell open along the peanuts ridges, and then eat the nuts inside either by sucking them out or pulling them out with your tongue if they're stuck.

Attached: 1511217709051.png (1000x964, 323K)

>and promptly went to town slurping those soft, salty nuts and nut juice. Still got some left over to snack on in my hotel room

Attached: 2000%Cuck.jpg (85x125, 3K)

Did I hallucinate it or weren't there some southerners who got busted for pissing in their boiling peanut water? Pretty sure it happened and they were white not black. I think I'll continue with roasted peanuts, thanks anyway.

>be me
>be black
>be poor
>be alcoholic
>be in south carolina
>sometimes sell boiled peanuts.
>sometimes sell shrimp
>sometimes sell furniture
>sometimes sell watermelon
>sometimes beat my wife

>sometimes beat my wife
too far

>Sometimes sell stolen bikes

>shreveport
>cajun

I always imagined the texture of boiled peanuts to be something similar to boiled potatoes but was disappointed to hear it was more like lima beans. Is this true, southerbros?

Attached: 1519604045254_0.jpg (979x547, 97K)

My cousin used to think peanuts were dried testicles off some animal so i can try and make a story up about that if you like

Attached: 1520286422434.png (1227x908, 964K)

i'd never heard of it till now, i've never been to the south nor will i ever go.

well aren't you a superior being?

no, not my cup of tea, i know i'm missing the regional culture but it's just not on my bucket list. nor does colorado need to be on yours.

Thank you.

Americans are weird

just don't move to Denver like all those other southerners, you can visit but please go home.

This man's cajun peanuts were amazing as a kid but I haven't had them in years.

I ought to bike over there and grab a bag, perfect distance from my apartment in JI for a weekend ride.

haven't been here in forever... May go visit soon

Timbo's, or Charleston in general?

Attached: end of folly.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

Timbo's (or any peanut man) fellow Charleston Friend

well peanuts and lima beans are both legumes but i'd say boiled peanuts lack the starchiness of both potatoes and lima beans. i'd say texturally they are much more like steamed edamame (another 'gume to be fair).

Texture also depends on the variety of nut used. If valencias are used (pic related) they get relatively soft and bean-y, but your typical fat standard peanut stays somewhat solid no matter how long you boil them.

Attached: peanuts-tn-red-valencia_LRG.jpg (2048x1536, 716K)

>eating in the bathroom

This seems...out of character. For Steven, not for Pearl.

you eat it with the shells?

>great great grandpappy had a decent life as a slave

fuck off

out with the old in with the new thats what i say

>Saves the thumbnail

I've seen these while traveling through S Carolina I believe, but never tried them. question: do you eat the entire thing, shell and all?

This is an Australia thing too, at least in Queensland

>Shreveport
Sorry to hear that.

No you peel off the shell and eat the peanut inside. When you boil it the peanut becomes soft. Pretty interesting textutre, same taste.

Attached: 1520733573348.jpg (620x700, 48K)

YOU EAT IT WITH THE SHELLS?

do you have a facial abuse edit of this picture?

Boiled peaches? What the fuck

Attached: limpbizkit.png (824x648, 708K)

What's your problem? I enjoyed my time as a slave

HUUUUUR DUUUUUR DO THEY BOIL THEIR TOMATOES TOO HUUUUUR

Attached: 1311465430728.jpg (407x405, 31K)

why havent you replaced him, why havent you taken it upon yourself to uphold his mantle?

I wish there were stands around here, I'll just have to settle for canned boiled peanuts which are surprisingly okay but not the same

Anything for people wanting to make their own boiled peanuts. I want to but I'm a brainlet

No, dumbass. You don't eat the shells

Get peanuts, some seasoning, water, pot, stove.

use google, they're not that hard to do.