What do you guys do with scraps?

So I was peeling carrots, and usually I give those skins to my dogs but I was hungry so I decided to do something with the peelings.

>Blanch for 30 secs
>Shock in ice
>Dry a bit and toss with some olive oil and a bit of lemon juice
>Top with aged balsamic vinegar and Parm

How do you guys repurpose scraps?

Attached: C4244EF7-4DAC-4CFB-A561-E99F2CFDF126.jpg (3023x3023, 1.47M)

>how do you guys eat your garbage
fucking Veeky Forums

>carrot skins
>garbage

Bruh.

Sounds interesting. I bet you can sell it to some hipster for 12 bucks a serving.

why would you peel the carrots in the first place if you're just going to eat the peelings?

If you do proper french cuts you end up with a peeled carrot anyway. .

this

>Literally eating dirt
>Bruh

Attached: 1450164952398.gif (389x324, 1.66M)

>Never heard of cleaning your vegies with water.
>BRUH

I keep carrot tops, onion tops/skins, celery ends, etc in a bag in the freezer and then use them to make stock.

Jesus fuck that's a creepy gif. Moar?

Lurk on /x/ I do but this isn't the place for it

Attached: 1520241477167.gif (281x218, 1.97M)

My fucking cat jumped in front of the computer when I was looking at it, almost gave me a heart attack.

I make stock with them in my pressure cooker. Potato skins though I have been trying to turn into potato starch by boiling them for a loong time letting them simmer down and dehydrating them.

And why would you "do proper french cuts" if you are going to eat all of it anyway?

same size cuts cook consistently

stock, blend to thicken soups, bulk up stew, crispen them up for a different textual element on salads/soups etc, toss them into a hash, a patty, a croquette, make interesting salsa/dip/sauce, use them in bread/pizza dough, cake, slaw, stuffing, candied/caramelised/fermented, custards, nut mix...

I basically waste nothing.

That actually sounds pretty interesting
Do you blanch the carrot peel?

>Do you blanch the carrot peel?
Never

this. these are the only vege scraps worth keeping, other than tomato. freeze what you have and use it to make stock or sauce.

you can freeze the and make them into broth. that's about it.

what do you do with the starch?