/Salad Tossers/

This thread is dedicated to people who eat salads. Post how you make your salad in this thread and talk about ways to build a superior salad. Anything about salads can be posted here.

For me, my salad goes like this: spinach, spring mix, shredded carrot, hard boiled egg, chickpeas, red beans, sunflower seeds. No dressing.

I will post pic next time I make it.

Attached: salad tosser.jpg (1410x1200, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSeo40GDgfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apple cider vinegar
Vinegar from Mezzeta Hot chili peppers
Sesame oil

>jicima
>daikon
>sui choy
>purple cabbage
>fennel

All of these are cheap, filling, low in calories, taste good and last a long time before going bad.

I put no liquids in my salad. I wonder if I am missing out.

Hmm interesting. I'll try it.

You're missing out.

Attached: Comedian Salads.jpg (556x657, 75K)

Don't have it with dressing?

I made a salad to go with a stuffed bell pepper.
Baby spinach, sweet Roma, feta, red onion, some leftover cold quinoa. Dressing was the broth of steamed stuff bell pepper with little bit of Worchestershire and honey
I like chickpeas in salad too but didn't want to open another can this week. Might try a 3 bean based one tomorrow

really? i cant imagine putting on anything besides salt and tiny minuscule amount of pepper.

>lettuce
>cucumber
>some spring onion
>sweet bellpepper

Salad is okay. Cant say I would ever prefer a salad over soup though. It can never be as rich or flavorful. Prove me wrong.

>baby kale greens from costco
>cherry tomato
>broiled, sliced squash
>zesty sprouts
>walnuts
>grass fed flank/skirt/flap
Salad dressing is a bit of a toss up, frequenty includes the following:
>evoo
>garlic
>Dijon
>vinegar
>pepper
>paprika
>mayo
I really love making salad dressing

I heavily drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little vinegar. It's the best.

>avocado oil
>Lemon or lime juice
>Touch of honey
>Splash of balsamic vinegar
Absolutely banging salad dressing

Someone told me the best type of dressing requires you to go to an olive oil bar and sample olive oil and vinegars and combining them to your taste. Has anyone tried this?

my salads are pretty standard, romaine lettuce, sometimes another herb or leafy green if i need to use it (parsley, radish greens), carrots, celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes. sometimes diced apple, green olives

olive oil with apple cider vinegar, feta cheese, maybe a little plain yogurt and/or cottage cheese to make it creamy.

salt, pepper

lately i've been trying to use up my dried spices so oregano, thyme, marjoram, ground coriander seed, cayenne powder, garlic powder

Romaine, kidney beans, carrot shredded, bellpepper, tomato, cucumber, red onion possibly. Drizzle a vinegar dressing to taste

i've been to a couple of places that do this and while it's really cool i think it's only good if you want a specific type of dressing for a specific type of salad. something like a maple blueberry balsamic or an orange infused olive oil is fairly limited in its uses, but they're really fucking delicious and if you have the opportunity to try them i think you should.

but for my daily driver salty salad, standard olive oil and vinegar is just fine and is one of my favorite flavors as is

The only salad dressing I’ve liked is Caesar. I do like the dressing the comes with hoagies. Can I eat salads with hoagie dressing? Is that weird? I don’t want to be a salad pleb

Abso-fucking-lutely missing out. Just a splash of vinegar can turn a sad excuse for a salad into something decent, and make a good one amazing.

I gave some dude's wife a rim job after I fucked her. Is that what we're talking about?

i like lighthouse french dressing.
>lol, premade dressing
im not going to make my own french dressing, so...

Leaf greens
Shredded carrot
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Capsicum
Mushroom
Olives
Marinated feta
cubed chicken
Red onion

I usually just chop up some romaine lettuce and toss with caesar dressing and some croutons and parmesan, like a pleb.

Peel apart head of romaine, discard core. Clean off each leaf and dry on tea towel. Start heating a cast iron pan on medium-high heat. Cook 5 strips of hickory smoked thick-cut bacon to a crisp. Place on plate with paper towel. Open and drain a jar of capers. Spread capers over several layers of paper towel to get them dry. Toss capers in flour and fry in bacon renderings. Place capers on a plate with paper towels. Slice sour dough bread into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes. Brush with bacon renderings, sprinkle fresh time, oregano, basil and bake in the oven until browned. Cut romaine into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, a healthy dollop of Renee's Mighty Garlic Caesar salad dressing and squeeze half a lemon straining the seeds. Toss that bitch up.

That's similar how I make a salad if I want it for dinner, but I add really thinly sliced onion and grated cheese. Slicing the onion as thin as you can makes it more mild because it makes the chemical reaction that causes the burning take place before it gets into your mouth.

Also I'll make a dressing with yogurt or buttermilk, minced garlic, black pepper, and a little Romano cheese. Kind of tastes like Caesar dressing I guess, helps make the salad more filling and it's a little more nutritious than just oil and vinegar. Although if I'm having the salad as a side dish, I'll just add vinegar because the main dish will usually be fatty and it helps to balance it.

You can also make the salad in advance and marinate it with a dressing. I know some people don't like when the vegetables get soft but I do.

Attached: roman salad.png (411x604, 26K)

Oh yeah I forgot I usually grate Pecorino cheese and add course ground black pepper.

Attached: renees.jpg (350x350, 30K)

Oh also I started crushing up the vegetables like in that Roman salad recipe, I think it gives the salad a better texture and makes it more cohesive

>Toss capers in flour and fry in bacon renderings.

Attached: ayjkj[1].jpg (620x715, 31K)

It's the best caesar salad I've ever had, I don't make it often because it's unhealthy as fuck, but it's a real head turner at any gathering.

Another unhealthy salad I like to make is Orzo salad which is just an excuse to shovel pasta, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese into your gullet.

Attached: orzosalad.jpg (420x279, 52K)

My go to

Attached: IMG_8925.png (1536x2048, 151K)

Attached: IMG_8926.png (1536x2048, 175K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tSeo40GDgfk

Makers of my favorite commercial.

Attached: hormel.png (604x105, 18K)

Tuna salad.

>Good can of tuna in olive oil. This is the best tuna and usually it's from Italy, Spain or Portugal. I just find that it tastes far better than the 99 cent cans of tuna in water.

>Generous amount of pepper.
>Sliced kalamata olives
>Red onion
>Bell peppers
>Spinach
>Sliced hard boiled eggs
>Whatever other fresh herbs you want
>EVOO drizzle

I like Caesar salad too especially with a pizza. I love it with course pepper,anchovy, herb croutons and fresh Parmesan

K Y S
Y
S