Flyover food thread

flyover food thread

Attached: ham_and_bananas_hollandaise[1].jpg (775x968, 800K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States
youtu.be/26oRZCLHR1M?t=44s
youtube.com/watch?v=smZA9Jv3qH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've been wanting to try that. Savory banana dishes in general.

>If you don't eat from the drive-thru [sic] every day, you are not American. Furthermore it is clear to me you hate America and have literally never set foot here. Cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck. Reading is for fags.

Typical flyover quote when attempting to discuss actual food on Veeky Forums.

Attached: fastfood_logos.gif (450x200, 29K)

I put leftover hollandaise on a piece of apple cake a couple weeks ago. It was way better than I thought it would be. I actually might do it again.

Attached: fried cucumber.jpg (550x366, 38K)

I had fried pickles for the first time a few weeks ago, those things are awesome. I hope to have a fried green tomato soon.

Deviled eggs, any kind of casserole, potato or egg or pasta "salads". And drivethru shit. I cooked my own food but I'm just listing typical pleb shit you will see commonly.
t. lived in Indiana for 27 years

the native cuisine of my town

Attached: beer nuggets.jpg (736x552, 63K)

Attached: 1520183497235.jpg (1250x702, 104K)

European here, what is a "flyover" and what isn't?

Asking because I got a job offer from Montana and I'm considering moving there.

>Montana
america's siberia

Flyover country is the unexplored wasteland between the Hudson River and the Diablo Range

In Montana you will see a lot of the kinds of foods in this thread because in flyover land they're still having arguments over food fads that took place decades ago

For instance bananas are considered an exotic new tropical fruit, and limes are provocatively foreign and eating them may disqualify you from having your children baptized in the local church

I live in Montana user. It's pretty great, but most of the good food will he made yourself. Keep in mind that lots of people actually are able to get most of the best they eat for a year from hunting, so lots of game dishes are common if you know the right people. Huckleberry is like a tart blueberry and very common in pies and icecream here. Also you can make friend with ranchers and buy a whole side of beef if you want.

If you move here definitely get a rifle and hunting license and go full 'merica. And get used to -20f weather.

Can you take classes on how to fire guns and hunt?

"flyover" is the middle of america. the parts you "fly over" when you're taking a trip, the implication being that they're not worth visiting.

Why would anyone do that? It's called personal responsibility and we're all born with it, don't they teach it in Europe?

So your saying I have to teach myself? I got the impression most people learned from their father/male relatives or friends. I've never seen a gun in person, or killed anything. I thought there might be a class.

Don't be an asshat. The dude is interested in learning some skills.

Yeah, more than likely if you're clueless about it, there's going to be instructors or at least people more than willing to teach at a local gun range. More than likely you can find people who can teach you to hunt there too.

Shooting yeah there are classes, and hunters education is mandatory. But to actually learn make friends with people, most would be more then happy to teach. ( But probably not show you their favorite hunting place, those are like family secrets)

basically anywhere someone who considers themself from the east or west coast isn't

You can, but you don't have to (except to hunt, you have to take a class and get a license to hunt). Any legal permanent resident may purchase a firearm in the United States.

The NRA offers safety and marksmanship classes to the public. They're not mandatory to buy a gun but are good for people who have never been exposed to guns and want to learn. Hunting regulations vary wildly by state, most states require some sort of state sponsored hunter education class before you can hunt.

>Coasties can't handle deep fried food

anything that isn't in on the east or west coast + texas
Chicago is king of the flyovers just like a 5'11 king of the manlets

>texas isn't flyover
You can keep repeating this but it's not going to make it true.

And now is your cue to whine about being oppressed by "Californians" (I'm not from California)

Attached: PickupDumbTexan.jpg (640x480, 20K)

not for every meal, no.

Except Texas actually has a decent economy

So does Saudi Arabia, what's your point? Is Saudi Arabia is now part of the United States?

You can make fun, but I've tried that before (in a slightly different assembly, it wasn't whole bananas, it was lengthwise sliced bananas that had been quickly caramelized) , and it's fucking tasty. Don't knock it till you try it.

this triggers me so fucking much. Last BBQ place i visited in minnesota charged me an absurd amount for some pity slices of their smoked BBQ.

fuck the north, i'll make my own BBQ from now on or go to the south.

>has never been to a coast
You are a straight up idiot.

Chicago is still in ilinois, nice try flyover fuck

I don't know who obsesses more, britfags or coasties.

*snickers loudly*

>if they're talking about me that means they want me
When did flyovers become the delusional fat chick at the party who says "I have a boyfriend" when you ask if she's ok

Attached: flyovers.png (482x322, 159K)

I really wonder what kind of people these are. An image macro? Really? You must be some dumb Bush-era boomer.

...what?

>Bush-era boomer
Boomers came of age in the Carter administration. But it's ok when I was your age I couldn't tell the difference between a 25 year old and a 55 year old

Who are you quoting?

>Subway
>Fast food

Does the word delicatessen mean nothing to you?

>Boomers came of age in the Carter administration
Yea, and?

>when I was your age
So I was right.

It means something to me. It obviously means nothing to you.

Attached: 1780.jpg (753x500, 424K)

>Yea, and?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

>A mass produced and chain of delis can't be a deli, because its popular and mass advertised.
Jesus you're stupid.

On the contrary, it is you who are stupid

Yea, and?

STFU you dumbfuck millenial, fried bananas wrapped in ham is actually a pretty decent quick dish.

>minnesota
>bbq
poor child
>fuck the north, i'll make my own BBQ from now on or go to the south.
The only reasonable answer.

>flyovers

We need to just fucking nuke the south.

Attached: St Louis Flyover Niggers.jpg (400x325, 51K)

Green bean casserole
Hot dog cut to look like octopus
Sweet potato casserole with marshmallow
'go 'za
Wings
cheese curds
Grilled sweet corn

>grilled sweet corn is flyover
Nope. You're just plain wrong on that one.

>Is Saudi Arabia is now part of the United States?
Yes

For some variety lets post coastie food instead.

Attached: 1515047162640.webm (640x636, 2.87M)

It is quintessential flyover food. Where do you think the corn comes from? Corn is like lobster. The fresher the better. Therefore flyover grilled corn is the best. Straight off the stalk. It cannot be beat!

Corn didn't come from the midwest, retard. Just because that's all they grow there now doesn't mean they fucking invented grilled corn.

Soul food is quintessential "flyover." That and other black favorites like skyline chilli.

I'm sorry the only thing your state invented is avocado toast.

Attached: 1517602407073.webm (540x540, 2.89M)

I don't know why the north is so damn stingy with their BBQ
even the chain BBQ restaurants like Famous Daves and Dickey's give you more food than the mom and pop bbq up north

youtu.be/26oRZCLHR1M?t=44s

>MFW a local bbq place I can walk up to has fucking amazing fried pickles and Jalapenos

Seriously these things are like sin on their own, and they make their own ranch in house (and every other sauce), so they're even better.

Man I should get me some of them soon

Attached: 1414698689994.gif (320x180, 803K)

The midwest has a rich corn tradition. You wouldnt understand.

When making guacamole, replace avocados by bananas, good savory banana dish right there

>Montana
Hope you like meth

>tfw too intelligent to make money
I thought california and new york were full of superior people, why is the average one poorer than the average flyover once their astronomical cost of living is adjusted for?

Attached: adjustedincome.jpg (974x665, 138K)

You realize "low cost of living" means "shit hole country nobody wants to live in", right?

Attached: Tea klux Klan_secdee.jpg (403x333, 34K)

Movin' to Montana soon
(Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay)

youtube.com/watch?v=smZA9Jv3qH0

>why is the average one poorer than the average flyover once their astronomical cost of living is adjusted for?

Cause california taxes the shit out of us to pay for illegals services and most importantly, the fucking Labor Union pensions. CalPers pension monster is raping our cities... many of the central valley cities are about to go on their 2nd bankrupcy.

Have you been to LA or NYC lately? Shithole doesn't even begin to describe the living conditions

Have YOU been to NYC recently? Because it's basically a suburb with skyscrapers at this point because of all the yuppies and foreign wealth. There's no danger to it anymore. It's a fucking amusement park.

Maybe San Francisco, Palo Alto, and San Jose can survive this type of pension cost increase, but it will put all the central valley cities into insolvency.

Attached: Vallejo Bankrupty by 2034.png (278x181, 6K)

In the nice gentrified parts of it sure, the places where the other 8 million people live are still as run down and shitty as they were in the 80s

>in the nice gentrified parts
So literally everywhere except for The Bronx / Manhattan above 130th?

good, fuck em

Almost the enitre fucking city is gentrified. NY isn't the same nigger infested shit hole you see in the 1980's documentaries.

It aint as clean or nice as Tokyo or Singapore but it's far from a shithole anymore.

>meanwhile in coastieland

Attached: Trump-San-Jose-1-Joel-Pollak-640x480.jpg (640x480, 64K)

NYC is actually nice and safe now that most of the black criminals have been forced out via gentrification.

I used to be scared back in the '90s when I visited ny. Would never walk around in NYC at night or alone, being a girl. I visited again last year and was literally walking around by myself at 2 or 3 AM without a worry. The city has completely changed.

The city itself isn't 80's dangerous, but a lot of the city outside of midtown&lower Manhattan are still living in apartments that look like they haven't been renovated in 40 years.

Yeah, and they don't make any good art/music/anything anymore because the only "creatives" who can afford to live there are soulless trust funders with no backbone or spark. Then again, I wouldn't expect a woman to know anything about art.

topkek

It's the peanut butter and jelly between the stale, tasteless white bread.

That class your looking for is given in highschool. You can only participate is you're white though. It's easy: just try to break last week's school-shooting high-score.

beer batter is the best shit out there

Nobody eats that shit retard

>d-dumb fucken' coastie
mutters the flyover when he receives the daily welfare check from her.

nah hes right

subway is like a huge step above most fast foods

not to mention its actually good for you.

I'm honestly hoping this is some social media intern at Subway and no actual people believe that Subway is either "a huge step above fast food" nor "good for you"

??????

It's really not though. Overrated as fuck in almost every application.

>raw vegetables aren’t good for you
You can easily make subway very unhealthy, but that’s a conscious decision. The subs I order are handheld salads, and I don’t load them up with shitty dressing. They are good for me.

You can't be serious.
Tragically I think you are because you seem to be stupid as shit.
>reddit spacing
>no capitalization
>fucked ideas of what sentences are and yet only puts a period at the very end of your dogshit post

Nice and white. In more ways than one.

>The subs I order are handheld salads, and I don’t load them up with shitty dressing. They are good for me.
oh jesus christ you're actually serious
>3g of limp iceberg lettuce and a slice of mealy off-season tomato on a bun with 170 ingredients is "good for me"

>In addition, less agreeable people are more sensitive to grammatical errors, while more conscientious and less open people are sensitive to typos, the researchers said.

i dont care man

you can get a sub thats healthy every time

the footlongs are almost better because you get twice the nutrients as theres twice the veggies and cheese.

A flyover is someone who lives more than 40 miles outside of LA or NYC. NYC is an okay place but its expensive as fuck with like 20% dangerous territory. LA is the opposite but roughly as expensive. Montana youll either be in its one city or something resembling the mainland european countryside. Rolling wilderness dotted with >1000 populated villages and the occaisional hermit. Youll want a gun and a sudden taste for wild game

>something resembling the mainland european countryside
Maybe the countryside outside Sarjevo, circa 1995

Attached: flyovers.jpg (990x556, 143K)

Gonna raise me some dental floss

>Huckleberry is like a tart blueberry and very common in pies and icecream here
>tfw huckleberry milkshakes with dad after climbing to Glacier Peak Lookout

Its just a fucking sandwich.

>Hot dog cut to look like octopus
That's fucking Japan, literally nobody in this country who isn't a second-generation immigrant or a weeb does this. I distinctly remember the Sailor Moon dub in the 90s had to have characters remark on how fucking weird those things are, because to our eyes they were fucking strange and creepy.