What do you think about this handle

What do you think about this handle.

Attached: summit-8-in-chef-knife.jpg (1110x1110, 22K)

I think there is some sort of gravitational logic behind its design.

Stupid and impractical.

Is it?

just get a santoku. same shit, 1/10th the stupid.

>get mad and throw knife
>it comes back

thanks, made me lol

I already have a chef's knife, cleaver, and paring knife that work well for me alone, just noticed this thing and wanted to see what people thought about the design. I have a santoku but accidently left it at my old place.

Accidentally break into your old place and get it back. They're an offset knife that isn't as heavy as a cleaver but gives you wrist control and finger clearance all in one knife. If you're not building radish rosettes, they're the best working knife.

How does that weird design have an advantage over a chinese cleaver? It'll take the same amount of space on the knife rack anyway.

Attached: chinese cleavage.jpg (1280x1120, 33K)

the fuck is this good for

Attached: 1d0416739c31389a56dafaf0a2e8cf79--confused-face-candyland.jpg (488x472, 25K)

Looks good for people with sausage fingers

bread mangling.

Marketing story:

>The Summit 8" Chef Knife features our intuitive, smarter handle design that guides your hand to the ideal grip automatically. We studied chefs and found they pinch the blade for maximum control so we sought to make that grip easy and intuitive. We did it by moving the chef’s “pinch-grip” zone up and away from the blade to the handle where Softgrip® contouring guides and cushions your hand. Now the optimum grip is easy and automatic so you’re free to enjoy cutting with precision and confidence. Of course our knife also boasts Fiskars’ legendary cutting quality. An ultra-sharp, Japanese-grade, stainless steel blade ensures smooth, easy cutting into an array of ingredients like vegetables or meats. Both the knife and protective blade guard are dishwasher safe, making this a convenient and reliable kitchen companion.

Attached: confusion.jpg (1360x872, 44K)

Handle composite injection molded out of three? different materials. The handle should have just been molded out of a single material in one piece.

What does Veeky Forums think about the humble ulu?

Attached: ulu.jpg (1500x1500, 189K)

>we noticed the correct way chefs hold their knives
>so we made a wrong way!

Attached: 1509667568782.png (160x160, 7K)

Doesn't look so humble. Looks rather intimidating actually.

What's its purpose? Rock chopping herbs?

tossed mine. I'm not saying, "ululululululu!" while destroying chives every day.

Looks like it's literally only practical for herbs to me but I'd be open to any different stories anons would have about them if they can offer.

>japanese grade

Attached: A7662E19-2E30-4809-A567-4D14A2BB633C.gif (250x205, 656K)

>Japanese grade

what did the they mean

Decent skinner too, it was deaigned as a do it all knife