So, if anyone remembers a couple weeks ago I asked about making this milk liqueur thing...

So, if anyone remembers a couple weeks ago I asked about making this milk liqueur thing, it's been a couple weeks now but it didnt really curdle as much as it was supposed to at all, only just a very little bit.
Apparently I might have needed to use more citric acid (lemon juice) than average because the milk was pasteurized...

Anyway what should I do now? Things didnt really go as expected at all.
Will I need to start over, or should I just add more lemon juice now and give it another few days, or should I try and make the milk liquor with what I have now because that didnt really matter?

Pic is what it was supposed to look like at some point.

Attached: 97d9ab5571cfb843cf61f765bec28ed1ec119a9a.jpg (540x359, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/hedonia/11456854543/sizes/l
cooksscience.com/articles/story/the-key-to-crystal-clear-cocktails-milk-really/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Show us what you have now.

>milk liqueur

Im sorry OP, but you got duped. All you have is a glass jar full of rotten milk.

Attached: What devitobabby.jpg (296x376, 10K)

See pic

Yeah probably. Knew it kinda sounded like an elaborate meme.

Attached: 20180312_170604.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

just make eggnog man

I don't want eggnog.
Damn it.

if anyone will know about this it will be dave arnold of cooking issues. write down your process and write or call in to the radio show and be the first cu/ck/ to talk to the guy. i'll be listening

>Milk liqueur.
10/10.

Might as well
>Tuesdays from 12 pm to 12:50 pm
Damn I'd have like 10 minutes at the end to call in...

Attached: 043D8785-1C6F-4D4F-9B58-F5B8D77ECA3D.jpg (750x900, 44K)

Delicious.

Attached: We Know.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

What if I call in though and he's just like "dude what the fuck is milk liquer"
I dont want to feel dumb, every person I've told about it in real life reacted the same way.

Who cares if you look dumb? Google already knowd how much of a fag you are, so asking some dude about milky alc isn't going to make you any more gay.

There ain't no "citric" acids in lemons
boyo. Vit C, lemons, citrus = ascorbic acid

show him a link to where you got the idea/recipe and i guarantee he will have some insight. this is exactly his area of expertise.

Nah it's not that far out.

Is it supposed to ferment or what? I used to make weird fermented drinks but never did much with milk except curdle raw milk and made some fresh cheese and shit. Never anything alcoholic.
If you can get your hands on some raw milk that stuff will seperate into curds and whey within a day of sitting out. Then you can use the whey to make all kinds of fermented drinks. I just never did anything alcoholic.

Totally wrong, fucktard. Citric acid is C6H8O7. Ascorbic acid has no carbon.

www.thekitchn.com/a-sweet-treat-homemade-milk-li-138124

Is this the recipe you based it on?

i remember you, how long did it sit for?

I'm actually not completely sure of the science behind it actually, nowhere where I read about it really explained it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't ferment though, I think it's just that it stay together long enough that the curdling milk solid part gets left behind and the liquer mixes with whatever is left to make it taste kinda milky.

Yeah that's what I used. It says use more citrus if uht pasteurized, but I just bought normal whole milk that just says pasteurized on it so I thought it was okay, but I suppose it might not have been after all.

Today's day 17
Like I said before, I wasn't able to mix it the past week, but even when I got back it had separate only a VERY small amount, about a thin half inch thick separation at the bottom of the jar. Which is pretty different from something like this.flickr.com/photos/hedonia/11456854543/sizes/l

the alcohol content prevents fermentation. all that's happening is acid curdling with an alcohol content high enough to prevent any bacterial stuff. the protein and fat from the milk will separate from the liquids, and you'll have the sugar profile left from the milk mixed with your lemon juice and essential oils and grappa. it won't get any less safe the longer you leave it, so i suggest just leaving it.

Is anyone else gonna kill hiroshimoot for fucking with the image opening? What is this reddit bullshit whereyou have to use the backbutton to get out of an image? ZWEhre do i fgo to complain aboit tehbis?

Attached: 1510276536258.jpg (720x540, 55K)

So it needs to curdle then. Which means I can't do anything but add more citrus to it in order for it to curdle, since it won't do it properly with the amount I have in it apparently.

Next time I'll just use raw milk, glad I'm friends with that dairy farmer now.

it wont get less safe, yeah, but couldn't it get kind of skunky or something? the longest i've ever let one of these sit for was 12 days and that was because i couldn't remember when i started it

Sounds like you didn't add enough acid, yeah.
I already made some clarified milk punch once, and it curdled just fine (I also didn't use raw milk). Another trick is to pour the milk into the alcohol mixture, and not the other way around, as this makes the curdling process easier.
If it doesn't curdle enough next time, you just add enough acid so it does. The sugar balances it out anyways.

I just added half an orange and half a lemon, that should be enough.

The term you're looking for is Kefir

Milk punch is somewhat similar, and really quite good, it's not hard either.
cooksscience.com/articles/story/the-key-to-crystal-clear-cocktails-milk-really/

This is a pretty good article,

>it didnt really curdle as much as it was supposed to
wat? you wanted curdled milk? why?

Attached: 1471608898461.png (420x410, 278K)

>i can't read a fucking thread

that's how it's supposed to look. It's good, have a drink