My mom made great meatloaf growing up

my mom made great meatloaf growing up.
I know it's a silly dish to some people but what is a good recipe I could follow?

Attached: ml.jpg (526x462, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_mNozo4yqM
youtube.com/watch?v=BNP9sssEkdU
youtube.com/watch?v=Lky6MPtNJto
youtube.com/watch?v=R5g_ylTApDE
youtube.com/watch?v=J8M4XZvX3jQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your mom's

ask your mom

Ask your mom, then ask her to fuck you.

thanks for the meme answers you useless cunts

IDK but this restaraunt in my town makes this amazing buffalo meatloaf.

What's the problem, your mom dead or something? They aren't meme answers, you crave your mom's meatloaf, get the recipe from her.

>your mom dead or something

ur mom gay

Attached: 5641546941.jpg (640x454, 30K)

Man, it's been ages since I've had a decent meatloaf. Unlike OP my mom made shit meatloaf and every recipe I've tried is mediocre.

The mix of meat is imporant, shoot for a mix of:
>1/3 ground beef
>1/3 ground pork
>1/3 ground veal

Add in minced onion to your taste, season with a small amount of garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and a splash of worcestershire sauce . Then form into a loaf, plop into a bread or casserole pan and bake till it looks done.
Baste with ketchup or if that's what you like.

You can also stuff the center with cheese or bacon if you so desire.

search foodwishes for meatloaf. I made it and it was incredible. had a mushroom gravy with it. godly.

America's Test Kitchen has a good recipe.

It's kinda hard to fuck up meatloaf unless you cook it wrong. I'd suggest starting with a basic recipe then on your next try begin adding ingredients for flavors that you like.

I'm partial to Worcestershire, finely chopped onion, and ketchup, 'cause mom. I just use ground beef.

Here is a recipe from Paula Deen
1 lb Ground Beef
1.25 tsp salt
0.25 tsp black pepper
0.5 cup chopped onion
0.5 cup chopped bell pepper
1 egg lightly beaten
8 oz caned diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (I have always used bread-crumbs instead).
Her topping is listed as "1/3 cup ketchup, 2 tbs brown sugar, 1tbs prepared mustard". You can do better than that.
Mix the ingredients, spread topping on loaf, bake at 375 for 1 hour.
It makes a good starting point.

Whenever you find yourself wondering "what's a good recipe for 'X'", your first step should be to google "Alton Brown 'X'" or "Good Eats 'X'"

Hello, toddler who knows nothing but what they've picked up from social media!
But if you are above childish ideals that don't work in real life,
check out serious eats
or chef john.

I do mine as follows
>2lbs beef
>1lb ground sausage
>carrots
>onion
>celery
>whatever bread, crumbled
>egg
>salt, pepper, Worcestershire, ketchup
Dice the veggies up and fry up in butter until tender then drain and let cool.
Mix the meat together with the beaten egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and the cooked veggies
Spread that bitch into a casserole dish, put ketchup on top and cook for an hour at 400°F. Drain all the grease then let it set for about 10 minutes

my mom makes great meatloaf as well and she said the whole point of it is to use up any ingredients you have available as it is a staple food during the depression.

usually it's a base of ground beef, egg, onions and then whatever seasonings, vegetables, anything else you can thing of. just mash it all up in a bowl and make a loaf to bake.

I've never really followed an exact recipe for meatloaf, I've just always made it the way my mom made it and eyeballed the mixture.
>2 pounds ground sirloin
>1 pound pork sausage meat
>finely diced onion, sauteed
>minced garlic
>minced parsley
>paprika
>s&p
>Worcestershire sauce
>fresh breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs
>couple eggs
Mix all together thoroughly, but gently, don't overwork the mixture. Pat a little more than half of the meat mix into a loaf pan, making an indention down the center. In the indention, lay strips of cheese and whole stuffed olives, stopping about half an inch from each end. Pat the remaining meat mixture over the top, securely covering the ends and making a loaf shape. Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully drain grease off. Mix together 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup mayonnaise (trust me, I'll explain in a minute), a dash of Worcestershire sauce, some black pepper, and some garlic powder (You could also throw in a dash of hot sauce, if you like). Spoon and spread over the meatloaf. Put meatloaf back in the oven for about 10 minutes, more or less, you'll want to go by looks. Remove, allow to cool a few minutes, serve.
Anyway, the mayo added to the glaze gives it a beautiful, glossy finish that's very attractive (And the glaze is tasty, too.)

youtube.com/watch?v=5_mNozo4yqM
youtube.com/watch?v=BNP9sssEkdU
youtube.com/watch?v=Lky6MPtNJto
youtube.com/watch?v=R5g_ylTApDE
youtube.com/watch?v=J8M4XZvX3jQ

Meatloaf is dog food you mutt

meatloaf is delicious wipipo food

My mom made meatloaf with a lot of onions and green bell peppers covered with tomato paste.

I was having dinnner at my ex-boyfriend parents' house once and they covered their meatloaf with ketchup. It blew my mind.

Attached: maintacos.png (1336x650, 1022K)

did the singer meatloaf invent meatloaf?

Nigga this shit ain’t google

Chef John literally admits in his meatloaf recipe video that he stole the recipe and techniques from Alton Brown.
When they develop a cure for autism, check out Alton Brown's Good Eats show.

You need bread crumbs you fucking retard

All fags must hang

Damn dude you knocked it out of the park. Never thought of mixing ground sausage in with the beef before. Definitely doing this next time I cook.

I went to Goodwill and came out with a box of old cookbooks, Betty Crocker, Fannie Farmer, Joy of Cooking, Better Homes & Gardens... all the food you miss is probably in them.

Not that guy, but damn skippy user. That why real meatballs are always beef and pork at least, or beef, pork, and veal.

I just throw a pound of applewood smoked raw bacon in the roboku and mix that in...

how very muslim of you.

>make meatball
>shape into loaf
Literally the only way to mess it up is if you put pieces of vegetable in it.

Attached: 1507379573622.jpg (544x491, 33K)

Ummmm, sweetie. I am not a male.

Try adding some chopped ham to the ground meat, along with chopped green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Saute those first before using.

The real question is how much ground beef are you using? Without that info nobody can give a proper ratio.

Attached: 51mMAGMnYKL.jpg (500x500, 50K)

use ground turkey. holds together with much less breadcrumbs

Ground beef and ground pork or lamb, flavor blend (sage, lemon zest, rosemary, salt and pepper are my usuals), sweet onion, bellpepper, panko, egg, splash of worcestershire . Ketchup before cooking if that's your deal.

Fuck off skank.

You, I like.

here's a cheat method for you user:

>buy bag of powdered onion soup
>put pile of minced meat in casserole dish
>pour onion soup powder on top
>grill at whatever temp until it's cooked through

do you understand how ratios work?

nigger the only place where you're going to get the closest thing possible from your childhood meatloaf is with your mom, not us

For what it's worth: you should ask your mom, and if she's dead you should look for her recipe.

My mom died in 2014, and I made her cookies for the first time a few weeks ago after looking up the recipe. 8 don't want cookies, I wanted the cookies she made.

Go make the meatloaf you want, my man.