>1lb ground turkey
>black and pinto beans
>2 jalapenos
>half a tomato and onion
>chili powder
>cayenne powder
>a slight dash of brow sugar
>tomato spaghetti sauce

Sidenote: I ended up paying $5 at the store for some of the stuff I didn't have and I've got plenty of leftovers

Attached: 20170309_200841.jpg (3264x1836, 1.93M)

sure looks like a lot of beans

weak bitch-ass trash / 10

wouldn't even slop that garbage on nachos

p-post yours

next time put oregeno, cumin, garlic, onion, paprika, lemon and lime juice, and crush tomatos. No spaghetti sauce no no no sugar omg what are you doing?

checked and acknowledged

don't listen to this faggot. the chili looks fine. i'd put more peppers in it, maybe some habaneros and a bell pepper to be specific. also, some baker's chocolate does well for both color and flavor. I generally put two meats in mine, ground beef and maybe pork or turkey, sausage can work as well. I've tried putting bacon in a few times and it's always underwhelming.

cook your meat and vegetables in bacon grease, it makes a pretty good difference.

the only thing I'd heavily criticize here would be your use of spaghetti sauce. you should've just used beef/chicken stock/broth as your base and went from there. much more flavorful. I can't really fault you too much though, growing up my mother would always use spaghetti sauce as the base. I felt a tad bit betrayed when I discovered it, but fuck it, it tasted great so maybe it's not all bad.

also listen to this guy, I didn't realize you didn't put the most basic spices in. damn, that's a big fuck up on your part. you're missing out on FLAVORTOWN if you don't put cumin, oregano or garlic in.

spaghetti sauce has a ton of sugar as it is - canned tomatoes is the way to go. diced, crushed or stewed will work. I believe sugar is only used to cut the spiciness down if it's too overpowering. you can also use a peeled potato for this, just remove it when you deem the heat to be palatable.

>cook your meat and vegetables in bacon grease, it makes a pretty good difference.

This actually sounds pretty interesting. Thanks! And also for the other advice

Just to be clear. You didn't put any cumin in this and you are calling it chili?

from what I've read, most award winning chili is started this way.

you better be saving your bacon grease.

>beans
you are just asking for chili fanatics to sperg out

s-sorry

while he's right, he's also autistic. but yeah, cumin goes in chili 100% of the time. beans, you do what you want there, but cumin is not debatable.

i'd still eat it, OP. might be good on a hotdog.

I grew up thinking that chili was shit. It turns out that it's quick chili loaded with beans that is shit. Also using turkey is a fucking war crime.

Not making a fresh chili paste / not using cubed stew meat / not slow cooking for hours = why the fuck did you even bother?

You should be apologizing. Also, next time cut up a couple of these and add some of the sauce.

Attached: A15rgzzbvXL._SY450_.jpg (337x450, 55K)

i was hungry?

Its crazy how important sugar is in chili, not something you'd expect.

I made chili once and after everything else was in, it just tasted wrong and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized I had forgotten the sugar.

thank you user, ive never had a mom or dad to teach me how to cook so i just wanted to try what i can make out of it

nobody here was born a master chef. if you don't experiment with cooking you might as well eat frozen dinners for the rest of your life. keep on cooking, you'll figure out what you like in your food with time.

t. autistic texan sperg

Attached: 1304969026711.png (496x494, 141K)

Here's the chili recipe my family has used for ages. It's pretty fuckin great if you wanna try another recipe. Or just compare it to your own recipe. Beans are optional for those fags who say chili can't have beans.
Single Batch

1½ lbs. ground beef (approx. 80% lean)
1½ Tbs. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped into small pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ fresh jalapeño pepper
1 – 14 oz. can canned chopped tomatoes, with liquid
¾ of 1 – 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 – 15 oz. can unflavored pinto beans, with liquid
3 Tbs., or more to taste chili powder, or more to taste
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
Dash of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
1 Tbs. sugar
1 cups beer or water
Brown the hamburger meat in large, well-seasoned cast iron pot or separately. Drain well and set the meat aside.

Add the olive oil to the empty pot, coating the bottom. Add onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the browned hamburger meat, stir, and cook a few more minutes.

Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Then cover the pot, lower the temperature to a low simmer and cook for two to three hours. Stir every fifteen minutes—scraping the bottom of the pot-- and add water occasionally to keep the chili the right thickness. Use a shallow ladle or large spoon to skim off grease and foam that collects on the surface of the chili. Adjust seasonings (primarily chili powder, cumin, salt and tomato sauce).

this is a good recipe. easy to add things to it. I suggest beef or chicken stock for your base. of all the different things I've done to my chili recipe over the years, this was the thing that added the most flavor.

a can of baked beans is really decent too.

fuck I love chili.

I'll have to try that, though this chili doesn't really need a base. The liquid from the various ingredients you add is mostly enough. You mostly just add water to counter the evaporation.

I promise you won't regret adding stock/broth. my recipe is quite similar so I have the same amount of liquid from the tomatoes.

if you have too much evaporation, use a lid. it's a problem I had for some time as well.

your recipe is shit. you're heavy on the meat and easy on everything else then you add water to the mix.

the recipe i use is almost identical to yours but uses 2lb of meat and double of everything else you got listed but no water.

The water is only added later and may not be needed.

And the recipe is plenty meaty for the portions. I can't imagine it having twice the meat, it would practically be pure meat if nothing else changed.

>the difference between shit and good is doubling the ingredients
I can hear the twinkies through your post. Fat fuck.

Attached: 1472022225716.png (575x352, 233K)

OP, here is how I make chili.

I do all my cooking in a cast iron dutch oven.
I start with chopping up an onion, a coupe green bell peppers and a couple cloves of garlic.
Then I sear a couple pounds of stew meat and set it aside. Then I cook the onion, bell peppers and garlic.
After than I deglaze the bottom of the pot with a bit of beer and then throw in the meat and veggies.
Then I add
1 large can of pinto beans.
1 can of crushed tomatoes
2-3 sliced up chipoltes with adobo sauce. You can scrape out the seeds if you are worried about heat.
1 bottle of beer
2 Tbs chili powerd
1 Tbs cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika

Feel free to throw in cayenne powder or some jalepenos if you want more heat.

Crank the heat up until it boils. Put the lid on and drop down to low. Cook at least a couple hours and stir it.

After at least 2 hours I taste and throw in more salt and pepper if needed. Finally I crush about 3 hand fulls of corn chips and mix it in and let it cook for another hour uncovered the thicken it up.

Imo user, black beans are enough
And dear god, nobody said anything about chipotle powder? It gives chilli wonderful flavour.
A bit of garlic helps too. Sometimes I 1-2 stock cubes, but I wouldn't recommend it seriously because it's kinda misalliance, but hell, I prefer it than normal salt.

Attached: 0545_2057.jpg (800x676, 530K)

nvm, this user said >smoked paprika
Listen to him, he knows what he's doing

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31K)

I'd eat it.

For me chili should be more beany. I like to do it up like this: 1lb ground farmers sausage (no casing), 1lb lean ground beef, pinto, red kidney, white kidney, black beans, one large vidalia onion, 1 Goya Sazon Con Culantro Y Achiote seasoning pack, cumin, chili powder, adobo, 1 chipotle pepper with sauce from can, dash lea & perrins, 1 can diced tomatoes, salt pepper, like a tsp of yellow curry.

that's not chili

looks nice though, i'd enjoy it

Dude that's definitely chili, the debate between bean and no bean is just stupid.

Attached: 534534534354.png (657x527, 36K)

go eat your weakass bean soup somewhere else, fagnuts.

Go back to your containment board.

Attached: 12.jpg (882x731, 124K)

This is a chili I've made a couple times because it's really easy. It's a little plain but that's fine with me:

>half a small package of ground beef, browned
>one bell pepper, green or red, I prefer red, diced
>one small onion, diced
>one tiny can of tomato paste
>one small can of diced tomatoes
>one can of black or pinto beans
>generous dump of some kind of hot sauce for heat

Put in the crockpot overnight and have it for lunch the next day. Aside from cooking the meat, dicing the veggies, and opening some cans, there's almost no work involved

>FLAVORTOWN
kys

>Bean stew/10
Try again Yankee.

Dip your balls in it.

you're not supposed to put beans in chili
>RRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Talk about cow shit.

it doesn't have twice the meat. it has 2lb vs your 1.5 and double of everything else.

actually, it has 3 times the garlic, and 3x the puree instead of tomato paste.

>double the spice is bad
literally a retarded nigger

How do i make my chili taste like wendys chili?

>turkey
>beans

Oh I'm laughing.