/bread/ general

Any breads today, Veeky Forums?

>pic related

Chocolate sourdough

Attached: 169940E1-9246-4ADE-9953-7DED71CB2D32.jpg (1080x1080, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreshloaf.com/node/24977/cold-dutch-oven-comparison-photos-results-cast-iron-vs-pyrex-vs-glazed-clay
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crumb

I do need to cut back on the cocoa tho

Attached: E6001E51-C788-44C0-97FD-755B3D1B4760.jpg (1080x1080, 473K)

Other boule

+3 days before cutting

Middle of the boule

Attached: 8612D336-D9D9-483D-BC21-F34954784766.jpg (4032x3024, 1.84M)

Just made my first sourdough culture a week ago and started baking with it. This is my second attempt at sourdough bread, I've posted it in a thread before so I apologize to anyone who might have seen it before.

Attached: PK100190.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

It looks succesful for what you were trying to make, but honestly I can't imagine chocolate sourdough being very good

It wad okay. Needs less chocolate next time

Definitely looks better than my attempts at normal wheat loaf, that shit never wants to rise, it dries out too fast and I don't know how to prevent that.

I have a double-oven inside my apartment so I proof it in the unused oven with a pan of boiled water and the oven light turned on to keep it warm. It keeps it like 80 degrees and very humid.

How do you form this? Have been making my own breads for a while but have been using loaf pans because I'm lazy

Make a pretty wet dough and make it like an oval shape, then you let it rise, for me it doesn't really rise at all but just expands, and then when you put it in the oven it will become a lot taller.

Do you know what % hydration? I'm terrible at subjectively judging these things

So, I need to make some pizza dough preemptively, as in the night before.

I just make the shit and leave it in the fridge and it ll be good to go for the morning, right? The fridge will retard the expansion putting it in prime dough form for the following day?

It has been a while since I used the old bread maker.

What are some esoteric breadmaker recipes I could make?

Should be fine to do, I would take it out at least an hour before needing it if not longer though to allow it to warm back up.

That and for ease of stretching the dough. Gluten tightens up when cold.
For better oven spring, make sure to watch the dough when you turn it during bulk ferment.

For my breads (OP here) i like to bulk ferment for about 4-6 hours (watch the dough) with the necessary folds, and then shape and proof in baskets in fridge. Bake straight out of the fridge, the spring is much much better, easier to pop dough out of basket (dough in OP is 75% hydration), and you can bake anytime.

i've had it before once, it seems really bizarre, but the sour and the chocolate just kind of works. it's hard to find something to compare it to.

Finally got my starter to double in size the past few days. Going to make my first sourdough in the morning. I don't own a dutch oven. Should I go with pic related, or use my cast iron skillet with some water in pan beneath it for steam?

Attached: casserole dish.jpg (903x691, 82K)

Cast iron.

Pic related will crack.

Make sure the water you put in the pan is already boiling so you get that initial blast of steam.

Alternatively, if you have a mister, just spray inside the oven 10 minutes before baking, and then real quick when you put the bread in

Why do you say the casserole dish will crack? It's been used in the oven hundreds of times over decades. Granted, I've never used it, so I don't know what temperatures it was used in.

Yeah, I just looked it up, Pyrex has a limit of 500 degrees Celsius (932 Fahrenheit). It won't crack. So, the question remains: covered in that grandma ass shit, or uncovered in iron with steam.

Enjoy: thefreshloaf.com/node/24977/cold-dutch-oven-comparison-photos-results-cast-iron-vs-pyrex-vs-glazed-clay

I love these threads and will like to participate someday but I have to throw the breads away I bake because bread is so unhealthy.

I have a sourdough stater that ready to make bread with but I don't have a bread basket, so I was looking for a recipe for a white flour loaf.

Decorative bred

Attached: IMG_20180307_124333.jpg (3456x4608, 2.52M)

*hand rubbing intensifies*

Attached: 3FECF879-4CFC-4663-994B-7A0D4D2C75E5.gif (240x214, 2.99M)