My my my Veeky Forums so many fattening snacks being posted, how about something light, something formal...

My my my Veeky Forums so many fattening snacks being posted, how about something light, something formal, something refined. Cucumber sandwich perhaps, darlings?

Attached: cucumbersandwiches.jpg (3200x1800, 374K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucumber_sandwich
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One time I had my friend over for tea and cucumber sandwiches but after he found out I was going to a party with another new friend he got mad and took the sandwiches with him as he stormed out the door. Can you believe that?

i hope u fuckin hooked him right in the gabber mate

Sure sounds like a lot of discord over something so silly

Yeah things are always pretty chaotic whenever he shows up.

Hit him round the head.

I go to high tea all the time, so I'm a sucker for tea sandwiches like this and egg salad

i like cucumber sandwiches but the only time i find myself eating them is at someone's funeral so there's always that mental association

What's the recipe? Cream cheese or something on there?

Bread cukes black pepper mayo bread

Well I hope you all could hug it out at the end, friendships that are strong as a tree can withstand a lot.

With earl grey tea, + watercress/deviled ham tea sandwiches, scones, jam, clotted cream, fruit tart, and mini cream puffs/eclairs maybe.

Attached: high-tea-with-fire-smll-e1389120852871.jpg (550x688, 123K)

All that sweetness sounds a little faggy

Peel and slice english cucumbers thinly, lay slices on paper towels on a cookie sheet and salt lightly. Allow moisture to bleed out from salted slices, pat dry. Sandwich cuke roundss between white bread spread with softened butter, remove crusts/square, cut squared sandwiches into 3 or 4 rectangles, eat immediately before bread goes stale.

And champagne.

>peel
Why?

It's like sleeping with a girl in her frilly girly bedroom. As long as a girl makes the high tea for you it's enjoyable not "faggy." Plus tea, deviled ham and watercress are savory.

because we're going for a bland, refined ladies who lunch thing here, not healthy leave the bitter peel on for fiber. English cucumber peel is less bitter (than the peel of regular cukes) so you can leave it on, if you insist.

>It's like sleeping with a girl in her frilly girly bedroom
Y-yeah I know that feeling, for sure

I've literally never thought of cucumber skin as bitter. What.

It is bitter, and all items offered in a traditional ladies' high tea must be fairly bland and highly processed and bite size, finger foods that are easily picked up and eaten without embarassment, ungainly struggle, or spillage. Everything should be mild so as not to upset m'ladys' delicate palate. The spiciest offering should be deviled ham, watercress, or chicken salad or eggsalad. Mild chicken curry is acceptable.

Mock all you want guys, but ice cold cucumber sandwich is my vision of summer.

that's true for a lot of faggots, nice cold cuke sandwiched between their cheeks

Ienjoy this but I am an extremely active big man (for you). I need to eat 5,00 calories a day. !0 plates will do.

British cucumber sandwiches suck. The best kind are open faced on small pieces of rye bread with dill cream cheese.

>rrrrrrryyyyyeeee
some countries can grow actual wheat

The best is smoked turkey with cucumber, leaf lettuce, and mayo on light pumpernickel or wheat or wholegrain. But for a tea sandwich you use butter, chilled salted cucumber and white bread with the crusts cut off.

Once you add turkey, it's a turkey sandwich that happens to have cucumber.

Rye pairs with cucumber better.

Once you make a tea sandwich open faced it becomes more of an hor d'oeuvre or a light lunch. It is no longer a tea sandwich. Your sandwich would be better with the addition of lox.

Alone yes, but too much with smoked turkey as well.

OP never said anything about tea sandwiches, just cucumber sandwiches.

If you add meat to a sandwich that normally wouldn't have it, the meat overrides the other main ingredients and becomes that main ingredient. If you add tuna or ham or a burger patty to a grilled cheese, you get different sandwiches(tuna melt, hot ham and cheese, patty melt). If you add turkey to a cucumber sandwich, it becomes a turkey sandwich.

Yes.

I'm not Scandinavian or on a diet. Why would I eat a bland cucumber sandwich unless it was part of high tea? Rye and dill not enough to offset blandness. Needs smoky or seafood flavor. Why eat sandwich that showcases blandness? Like a dish where celery is the star.

Because it's a snack. Open faced sandwiches are a snack. You never eat celery as a snack?

>celery as a snack
No. As unwelcome element in a crudite maybe. Or with blue cheese and buffalo wings. Or as a flavoring in a soup or stew. But not plain celery unless I was trying to lose weight or on some punishing program of pseudo health.

It's crunchy and refreshing, fag.

Maybe dipped in hummus, but I would prefer a carrot stick, please. Celery has too many strings.

Watercress, white bread, salt, pepper, mayo, and a slice of home grown tomato still warm from the midday sun creates the ultimate tea sandwich.

toothlet detected. floss better, fag.

>slice of home grown tomato still warm from the midday sun
*falls out of soggy tea sandwich and slides down front of your Michael Kors dress*

Slice it thin and the mayo protects the bread from getting soggy, you fucking idiot.

I floss with celery strings and gargle with cucumber water that tastes of nothing.

>thread is about cucumber sandwiches
>complains about cucumber

It sounds like a tasty sandwich, but it's a lousy tea sandwich for reason described. Maybe seeded tomato patted dry with a towel and sliced super thin with a very sharp knife and no watercress. A tomato sandwich in other words. Also: hope you go easy on the pepper in your summer sandwich- watercress already peppery.

Thread is tacitly about cucumber tea sandwiches. Why am I arguing with anons about cucumbers at 2am? Need to reexamine my life.

Attached: 1520668467559.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

Thread is about cucumber sandwiches. If I make a thread about pizza, are people only allowed to post about the type of pizza in the image I use even if I don't specify a specific type in my post?

Sure. You can post any pizza you want- pepperoni or sausage or pineapple. Just don't call a pizza a tea sandwich. Because it is not.

Attached: 1520120527070.jpg (329x298, 18K)

>ITT: not knowing the difference between afternoon tea and high tea
I shiggy diggy

Attached: 1492210699691.png (340x380, 74K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucumber_sandwich

In America, afternoon tea is colloquially referred to as "high tea."

I don't like cucumber

Attached: 1520055094245.jpg (1946x2000, 230K)

You are correct.

Attached: 1520992938110.png (390x400, 66K)

You sleeping in a frilly girly room enjoyable and using the girl as an excuse is pretty "faggy" really

More so that small portions don't interrupt talking, and mild so your breath doesn't stink

post your dress op

Drop dead you degenerate ponyfag.

Not gonna lie: I'm American as fuck, and I don't do tea time, but I love cucumber sandwiches.

You should try chlebíčky. They're not usually served on rye but something more like French bread, but they're open faced sandwiches you can use with pretty much any kind of topping. Very popular way is to start with a fine layer of potato salad and then put cucumber, or pickles, cold cuts, boiled egg, and herbs (dill is a favorite).

It definitely is not

Gimme

Attached: Frank Lundy.jpg (300x242, 19K)

Whenever I make smoked fish dip, I make little tea sandwiches with pumpernickel and cucumbers. Very delicious.

I do this, but with feta and cream cheese instead. Mayo is disgusting.

If liking delicious pastries is faggy, then I'm a "fag," I guess.

OP never mentioned tea sandwiches.

dumb phoneposter

Bunyip food.

>Mayo is disgusting

It's just egg yolk, oil and vinegar.

I think they're doing "the importance of being earnest"