QTDDTOT thread

questions that don't deserve their own thread.
i'll start. whats a quick way to soften butter? microwave always melts the middle.

Attached: butter.jpg (800x524, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

skillet.lifehacker.com/will-it-sous-vide-melty-cheese-sauce-from-any-cheese-1791944142
modernistcuisine.com/recipes/melty-queso-dip/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cut a small bit, Warm a glass, Place the Butter, Profit

Is there any beer better than Four Loko?

Attached: 3.jpg (570x483, 30K)

To spread? Just store in the pantry instead of the fridge.
You can store portions in a sealed container, instead of the whole thing, and then refill that container with a fresh portion from the fridge.

Or just use nut butter.

Pour boiling water into a bowl to get it hot. Remove water, cover the butter with the warm bowl for like a min

I've been trying to make those chinese handpulled noodles but my dough doesnt stretch like they does. Mine always snaps on the first stretch after stretching less then a foot. I think it has to do with too much or too little gluten but not sure :/

Attached: 0023ae69624d16c7c6ea01[1].jpg (900x582, 75K)

If my cheeseburger comes with onions, lettuce, and tomatoes than can it really be that bad for you? Someone please explain to me exactly why and how cheeseburgers are bad for you.

The mystery meat in the burger patty is likely to made of offcuts from a cow that spent it's entire life standing on one spot (often in pools of it's own shit) while being force fed GMO grains. Cows can't digest grains so scientists cut big holes into the cow to pour digestive acids into the belly of the cow to help her digest the grains. This process produces methane gas which is extremely noxious to the environment. Much more so than CO2. So eating the cheeseburger isn't just bad for you it's bad for everyone including your mother and your children.
The onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and wheat for the bun will also be genetically modified so that they don't die with other plants (weeds) on the field when that field is sprayed with glyphosate which has been linked to a number of conditions including Autism, Gastrointestinal diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease, chronic diarrhea, colitis, and Crohn's disease, Obesity, Cardiovascular disease, Depression, Cancer, Infertility, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, and more.
So you're eating poison when you're eating that fast food burger.
Plus it will be laden with incredibly high levels of sugar and salt, which make it addictive because they target the mesolimbic dopamine system in your brain, much like nicotine in cigarettes. So you'll crave for more and cravings will induce anxiety and irritability.

So to recap; poisonous, eco-destroying, addictive, unethical, supports terrorism, unhealthy, fattening, packaging is litter, tastes bad, sacrilegious, promotes violence against women, dislikes puppies, hates cats, endorsed by /pol/, and wears socks with sandals.

Don't eat junk food.

Attached: MonSanto.jpg (300x200, 12K)

not all of us live in a country where the temperature is near the chilling point of butter

Put it near a radiator

Not enough gluten, knead the dough more

You can actually just keep butter out and covered. It stays good for a long time. The FDA has a site about this, they recommend it for best flavor and usage.

Can you put bacon in Chinese dumplings?

>Someone please explain to me exactly why and how cheeseburgers are bad for you.

They aren't, it's just people typically eat too many because they can.
There's lots of good stuff in a Cheeseburger, but there's also lots of fat, grease, and salt- which is what your monkey brain craves since when you were an animal those resources were of prime importance. Monkeys still to this day will wage massive coordinated hunts with rocks and sticks for the chance to eat squirrels, we're no different.
If you still lived the life of a monkey: hooting, running, throwing poop, avoiding tigers, then all those resources would be put to use, but life of a modern man is defined by a sedentary lifestyle of easily accessible carbohydrates and minimal tigers (mostly just bears) so you just get fat and unhealthy because your body has an excessive wealth of carbs to burn through and doesn't have to touch any of fat and oil.

Also don't listen to this user: His life is ruled by fear and conspiracy, if he could; he would live only on air and would still complain that the government was poisoning it with vapor trails to turn him into a transgender amphibian.

Yeah, most butter is pasteurized enough to be fine left out.

Also possibly too cold or warm.

leave it out

>There's lots of good stuff in a Cheeseburger
Such as? Source?

The large soda, mcflurry and apple pie that most americans get with them. The salt and grease will clog your arteries and the ammoniated cow intestines can't be great for your not having cancer plans, but the biggest answer is the first one I gave.

Butter is fine left out unless you mean the melting point.

cum on it

What's the best brand of tortillas to make pinwheel sandwiches?

Mine never taste as good as prepackaged ones. Do they even use tortillas, or is it some other flatbread?

Attached: tortilla-roll-ups-4.jpg (774x1161, 325K)

buy pic related

Attached: 7dd330fb-c75b-4773-bf08-94eebc7dc860.jpg (600x600, 38K)

He said cheeseburger fren, not mcdonalds. There are places to get cheeseburgers that aren't mcdonalds fatty

This, fastfood shills fuckoff

Raw or fried? Too much raw bacon and it'll turn into a grease bomb

Old 4 loco with all that caffiene

Is brown rice worth it? I love white rice but if brown rice is significantly healthier I'll switch.

Do you have a rice cooker? Brown rice has a tendency to come out a bit tough if cooked normally, but I can at least say that when I put it in my rice cooker (which has a setting for letting it soak for 6 hours and then cook) then it comes out tender and has an amazing aroma. Goes very well with savory foods, would definitely recommend.

Its about 28-34 at room temperature here in the equator. Butter melts completely when left out of the fridge here.

I've been meaning to buy a rice cooker anyway, so I'll look for this. Thanks!

>tfw ate at BK during my childhood
>got chrons disease at age 12

just fuck my shit up

thinking about making quiche, but I don't wanna give up all the egg yolks (recipe requires 6 egg whites)
would a hollandaise sauce go well with a cheese & spinach quiche?

I left some cooked beans in the fridge for at least three weeks. Maybe a month. Would you say they are still good to eat? There's no overt bacteria growth on the beans and they don't smell bad (they smell stronger, but not bad). Should I just recook them on a stove and eat them or should I throw them away?

Dude..how about you give just one fucking bean a try first.

I just start warming the pan and put it close to it.

How can I make my cornbread less airy? I'm just using mix now. Is there something to add to make it more...full?

my mashed potatoes always have lumps. i feel like this is because i'm not using a stand / hand mixer and just a potato masher. what things could i be doing wrong?

use a sieve. push the tatos through with a spoon. you will get a nice creamy mash. also, use warm milk and butter

1. I just got some cash and am looking into buying some new appliances. I'm thinking of getting a blender or food processor, which ones are good? Also are induction plates any good or should I just stick to using my electric stove?

2. I got a cast iron skillet but I haven't really used it outside of cooking like a few steaks. What are some good dishes to use for a cast iron skillet so I can get some more use out of this thing?

Attached: 134911951480.gif (160x160, 997K)

the ratio. it's simply too much meat. you'd have to put twenty times more lettuce and tomato on the bun to have a balanced meal.

Anyone know the best way to slice an apple for a peanut butter and apple sandwich?

>cut apple in half
>make thin vertical cuts towards core for both halves

Just make it from scratch, it'll be easier for you to adjust ratios for however you prefer. Box cornbread tends to have more of a cake-like texture, and it'll be cheaper to make it yourself anyway.

If you live in Hawaii or in the desert, you might have trouble. In most places, it's reasonable safe to leave out.

Get a butter bell for best results.

However, it does depend on how fast you use it. My preference is to leave out enough to last about a week. I think you can often go three or four weeks, though.

And use real butter. Not that fake butter that requires food coloring to not be the color of grain fed lard.

I've got some bone in pork loin chops, best way to cook them? I have a charcoal grill, a stove top with a cast iron pan, and an oven. I'm a down for rubs, marinades, glazes, whatever.

Booty to show appreciation

Attached: bigbooty.jpg (600x884, 64K)

I want to follow more vegetable-based diet for weight loss.
What are some basic recipies wih common veggies? I would prefer to avoid starchy food.

Meat doesn't make you fat. Actually, protein is better for cutting, and vegetables are awesome sides. That said: broccoli, asparagus, onions, zucchini, squash, eggplant I guess, carrots, pickles/olives

t. Veeky Forumsizen

Attached: 4 months progress.jpg (1909x812, 261K)

I just tried making them on the cast iron stove like a steak. Salt and pepper each side, add oil to medium high, sear in cast iron flipping once a minute. Once internal temp is 135, remove from heat, add butter and garlic, spoon over chop. Let rest for 5 minutes. Very tasty, almost reminiscent of rib eye.

I also enjoy coating with bread crumbs and parmesan and a few other spices and baking in the oven. I don't have a grill so I can't recommend anything there.

Good stuff, thanks man. I was considering doing them cast iron in the oven or grilling them and then doing a glaze, but your method sounds solid

I've got ingredients for marinara sauce, along with bacon, little frankfurters and leftover grilled chicken from yesterday
How do I go about mixing them all in and making a thick marinara sauce for pasta?
I know I should sautee (or whatever it's called) the bacon along with the onions and garlic, but how/when do I add in the sausage and chicken? Also, will chicken go with it? My sister made it with some salt, pepper and a bit of curry mix.

Pro tip: Use a heated knife. Put it on your toaster for a couple seconds.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

* in your toaster

>cook bacon and onions
>drain fat
>add sauce
>get sauce hot
>add your chicken and sausage
>simmer until warmed up
That's it.

Put it in your pocket

should i grind my dried oregano spices to powder?

I_guess.jpeg

Only if you're going to use them immediately

okay so if i make garlic bread do i put the pepper and oregano on after i toasted it in my oven or like i do now and just put on everything and then toast

What a stupid concept

Gas(unless you are boiling water)>Induction>>>Electric
>Cast iron
Anything gratinated in the oven

I use a butter dish now and I like it. I still keep another cold sticks in the fridge of course but keeping a butter dish out is pretty nice for dinner time.

Why does my cheese sauce keep curdling?

I want to make salmon tacos and I'm trying to find the best way to cook it.

So far I'm thinking of roasting it in oak to impart that flavor but I don't know if the roast time for a salmon is long enough to get that smokey flavor. For the record my smoke roasting apparatus is just a Jerry-rigged thing where I put oak chips in a pan underneath an inverted pie tin with large holes cut in it, on top of which I put the meat then foil tent the whole thing. Worked great for tri-tip but haven't tried fish on it.

Should I go for it or should I just pan fry it for that sweet crispy skin.

Attached: cd6c56eb0527c94b14722080a33f708b.jpg (570x380, 297K)

I used to be a vegetarian for medical reasons. After two years as a vegetarian, I was able to reintroduce meat into my diet over the period of a couple of months and the issue never returned.

During that time, I naturally ate lots of vegetables. My number one preference was to make a vegetable tempura. Using two or three different vegetables at a meal, the tempura was always my main course of that meal.

Get some sodium citrate (basically a emulsifying salt), it'll let you turn any cheese into a stable sauce homogeneous sauce.
skillet.lifehacker.com/will-it-sous-vide-melty-cheese-sauce-from-any-cheese-1791944142
modernistcuisine.com/recipes/melty-queso-dip/

use a better butter?
my high fat content butter is perfectly spreadable from the fridge

put the butter in your pocket inside a baggie

Anybody ever substitute grape juice when a recipe calls for wine?

Attached: welchs.png (381x384, 254K)

I wrote a shopping list for my gf when I was drunk. Evidently I wrote ground lamb instead of pork and didn't read the package before chucking it in a bowl. My meatballs in marinara sauce didn't taste very nice. The problem is I made a double batch so now I have a load of beef/lamb meatballs in the freezer, is there anything I can do with these?

patrician

are they frozen in sauce or dry?

Get them separated out, rinse off the sauce if you gotta, and put them on skewers. Grill them up hot to crusty goodness and stick in pitas with tzitziki sauce. Give it a try.

If they are still raw you can probably mold them together and make gyros, Good Eats has a reasonable recipe you can probably adjust your meat mixture towards. If you don't want to cook the whole log try grilling up very very thin patties, like old-school crispy-outside diner burgers.

I was thinking gyros, they're not in sauce they've just been seared

Found some hot mujur chillies in my cupboard, anyone heard of them?

I'm looking into getting a food processor. What's a good one to look for on a budget? And how much volume would I reasonably need, just cooking for one?

Attached: 517HnFvcKmL._SL1000_.jpg (657x1000, 58K)

literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen, kys

Of course meat is cool and all, but I was just searching for a tasty way to introduce some vitamins and minerals before I go for a fast.
I ended up with winding it and made some thick soup, pretty meh, but I guess it did it's job.

Sickenly dumb, just use a butter dish.
Besides this shit looks like it would be used for cheese, you don't have to fucking shred butter to spread it.

Btw.
That tempura idea seems good. Easy and sounds tasty, thanks!.

Why do Europeans eat raw eggs?

not a question, but Sargent Pepperoni is here for good to teach you about cooking

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Posting this again because I replied to the wrong post.
I wanted to get some chicken fat, and it's surprisingly hard to find in my city for whatever reason. So I bought a 10 lb bag of chicken quarters and removed all of the skin and fat deposits. I put it all on a crock pot and let it render. Once the finished product was solidified there was another layer under the chicken fat that was translucent and had the consistency of gelatin. Anybody know what this is? My first thought was collagen but idk. If you do know, is there any use for it?

Probably just gelatin and chicken juice/water that separated out from the cooking. It's basicaly a little bit of unseasoned chicken stock.

I saw a cereal infographic in here some time ago and now I can't find it, does anyone have it?

It said what would be your ideal cereal depending on what you like or something like that

Complete beginner here. Is there a cookbook that teaches you the hows and whys of techniques and equipment needed to cook well?
Also what about recipes? I see foodwishes is popular here and I checked him out, I like his recipes, but most of them take an enormous amount of time and ingredients.

What's the shelf life like on peanut flour? I had a 5 lb bag I bought like a year and a half ago but recently replaced with a similarly sized bag, and immediately noticed it tasted completely different to the old bag even though they were both of the same variety from the same source, led me to believe I've probably been eating stale peanut flour for months and just didn't realize it because it happened so gradually. I always tried to tie it off carefully but I guess over the course of a year and a half it'd still get stale maybe.

anyone know what to search for on youtube to find that horrible woman's pasta sauce recipe that was just oil and onion and canned sauce?

Not a book, but I learnt a lot from watching good eats, a big part of the show is explaining the reasoning behind things.
Don't take everything he says as fact, bit it's a good starting point.

Are there any good low/no calorie substitutes for sugar to use while cooking?
Stevia usually just puts in a weird taste in it.

I've used Swerve before and find it to be pretty good though it is expensive, so if you're doing something that needs a lot of it it could be cost prohibitive. Usually I only used a few tablespoons at a time and only occasionally so it was ok for me.

Also I think it's mostly just erithytol + stevia in some ratio so you could probably get a similar effect by mixing them yourself if you're concerned about cost. I just use their stuff because it's easier and as I said I don't use it that often, just for the occasional treat if I have a sweet craving

Awesome thanks.

to further on this point, put the butter in first, and make sure its thoroughly melted, then add the warm milk and whip them. You can get a gummy texture if you dont.

How many nuts should I eat in a day? A lot of people say no more than 1.5 oz so as to prevent gastrointestinal problems and things, but fuck, they taste so good. Should I just measure out 1.5 oz of nuts and eat 'em slowly through the day to space them out better, or have them with one meal instead of snacking?

store it in a butter storer thing: pack the butter in the top, fill the lower section partway with water, and place the top inside the bottom. keep on the counter, at room temperature. the water keeps it from going rancid.

Attached: buttero4uz.jpg (570x570, 45K)

Is there a way to heat/cook frozen pizza WITHOUT microwave or oven?
I do have a cooker and several pots, so I was thinking maybe if I warp it in foil then put it in a pan or something it might work.
Any idea?

Attached: wallpaper.jpg (658x1169, 320K)

i can't cook rice properly at all. I need a rice cooker. I mostly eat Basmati rice, which cooker is best for this kind?

I've got some recipes that call for "egg white protein powder".
I can't find this outside of gym supplement stores, where it costs a ridiculous amount.
What can I use as a substitute?
I have some whey and some mass gainer on hand, would those work?

I just found some bacon that says to be used by March 9th in my fridge. If I cook it, will it still be safe to eat?

Just some generic pressure rice cooker would do fine. If you start looking for special rice cookers, it'll get a bit pricey. I have an Aroma one that it pretty cheap but it still works great.