Is there any use.for induction appliances?

Is there anything that can be done with these gizmos that are worth it, or are they just another gimmick for dummies?

Attached: nuwave-pic2.jpg (500x500, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2SDWkGx0ako
newatlas.com/breville-polyscience-control-freak/42705/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They boil water insanely fast user. Seriously it's four times faster than my gas does it.

They boil water really fast. I prefer gas though

youtube.com/watch?v=2SDWkGx0ako

>2 and a half mins for induction
>6 and a half for gas

and thats just two cups of water

They're good if you're grilling and need to cook something on a stovetop and don't want to go back and forth between the kitchen and the grill.

they can achieve greater heat than anything else. it's not really a positive though, warps your tools. But the real great thing is that the heat placement has perfect spread and can adapt based on the size of your tools.
I still prefer gas, doesn't need full contact

I wouldn't buy one of these independent stoves.
But if you are getting a new kitchen or just a new cooktop without gas you should buy induction.
I did and i am more than happy. Faster than electrical and a lot cleaner.

Attached: file.png (1312x726, 244K)

induction is the superior form in every single way so no, not a gimmick

>needs full contact all the time
not every way

I know what you mean but honestly if you take it off the stove the pot still remains hot for a few seconds.
But yes as long as you are super active and moving stuff around gas is better.

If I had money to burn I'd keep one around just because they can heat a pan perfectly even making them ideal for certain applications. The production of pastry materials is made far easier with the use of induction burners, quality silicon, and good pans.

That being said, gas is generally superior.

And since I sound like an arrogant jackass have some hazelnut-flavored apology.

Attached: Squirrel Ass.jpg (754x861, 191K)

>they can achieve greater heat than anything else. it's not really a positive though, warps your tools.

What we need is a standard for induction pans so the hobs can accurately detect pan temperature (infrared thermometry is not reliable without knowing surface emissivity). That would make the technology ideal.

Fuck the low/med/high shit, I just want to be able to set temperature.

Sort've tired, it's 4AM here, but this pretty much exists. And the dial isn't low/medium/high, it's 'unlimited control' or something like that.

If I could give you a brand name and model I would but I didn't pay attention honestly. Fuckers are expensive though.

I've seen it too.
Never the less most consumers will just jack the heat to max when they're doing things like boiling water, so the pans and pots will still get warped

if by full contact you mean that a part of the pan has to be on it then yes and otherwise no.
how would it be better have a pan in the air?

you don't shake your pans, adjust the distance to the flame, use tools with rounded bottoms etc.?

shaking the pan doesn't really have an effect, adjusting the distance to flame is the same as adjusting heat setting on the induction stove and how would tools matter?

I think he means like a wok with a round bottom.
Most of the people bashing induction are probably Asian immigrants who can't use their traditional cooking methods on it.

Induction heats a very specific area on the pan.
This might be an issue compared to gas, also you cant move the pan up or be violent with your stove.

Are you retarded? Or do you just not cook?

>they can heat a pan perfectly even
Maybe the expensive ones, but the cheap ones sure dont. As much as I love my induction cooktop but I can see the ring of the induction loop perfectly clearly when I heat any liquid. It has even left a permanently browned ring in my grey ceramic skillet
>most consumers will just jack the heat to max ... so the pans and pots will still get warped

that happens mostly if you heat the pan without anything it it that dampens the heat.

they're okay, but cooking in those half-pans takes some practice

Attached: pathos22.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Why do they always advertise these things with a pan thats been sliced in half and a person putting their hand on the stove top? When cooking there is a pan in the way so you cant even physically touch the stove top which makes that totally pointless to advertise, if they wanna show it doesnt burn hands then just show a hand in the pan and another pic of a normal pan cooking a food

The Nuwave can do it, but it's highly pan and pan content specific.

The only way to do it accurately for the moment is to have a sensor actually make contact with the pan. Which means it has to be able to move up/down a bit, which destroys the easy wipe down convenience of induction.

To be able to sense the temperature of the bottom of a pan without contact you would either need to calibrate for specific pans or standardize the pans.

Here's one with a contacting sensor, fucking expensive and even more annoying to clean than a gas hob.

newatlas.com/breville-polyscience-control-freak/42705/

Attached: breville-polyscience-induction-cooker-control-freak-4.jpg (730x670, 34K)

>round bottom.
>Asian immigrants

Asian immigrants should rape white round bottoms

what's the efficiency like for induction vs. gas?

It's more efficient than gas, but gas usually costs less. It depends on electric/gas prices where you live.

>As much as I love my induction cooktop but I can see the ring of the induction loop perfectly clearly when I heat any liquid.
Are you sure that's induction and not just a coil with a ceramic top?

white round bottoms will be rapped

Doesn't it need, like, huge electric power? I'd rather use gas, that way I can use it when it's black out too.

The touch buttons on those are a shit idea, they are too annoying when you have several pans going on and the entire thing just turns off if, god forbid, you get any water on them. Just get one with regular hobs.

A nice size stovetop will use >10 kW, which in the US would almost certainly mean you need a two phase circuit installed to the kitchen.

>black out
Where the fuck shithole do you live, North Korea?

Induction is great but still expensive compare to traditional methods. Even the cookwares for it are expensive and can be hard to come by.

Deep fry w/ induction is retardedly fast; searing is a snap and convenient.

Also it doesnt give you that irrational fear of a gas tank exploding for no reason.

Literal autism

>NU-wave
I think I'll pass

Pri chef here , been using g one at home for over an year now
Its fast, if you have quality pots and pans you can just straight up cook almost anything faster
Gas seems painfully slow to me right now