Ill start with Sauerbraten, its basically pickled meat which is then simmered...

Ill start with Sauerbraten, its basically pickled meat which is then simmered, even though its often said to be a "rhineland-thing" its also eaten on the right side of the rhine. Usually eaten aside dumplings, Rotkraut and often Preiselbeeren(-jam, dont know the english word for them but theyre not cranberrys). Searching for stuff like beigli, svicková, gibanica (-ća?), just stuff that isnt known outside of where you live. Bonus for family recipes

Attached: Sauerbraten.jpg (1408x792, 885K)

Fug, it ate the title. Post food unknown outside of your country or region ITT

Looks like minced pickled beets

Its in the back idiot, i said its meat not beet

>foods unknown outside of your region
>sauerbraten
Nigga pls. I grew up eating sauerbraten, at home and in restaurants, and I grew up in Texas.

There's not a lot of foods anymore that aren't known outside of their home regions anymore, since we have a global food culture now. The closest thibg I can think of from where I grew up is Parisa. It's like a cross between Mett and Steak Tartare, made with fresh, finely chopped or coarsely ground beef, minced onion, minced pickles (or sometimes fresh jalapeno, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and optionally, diced cheese mixed in. Eaten with crackers or pumpernickel toast.

Congrats on living somewhere influenced by german immigrants

>influenced
The middle west is basically new Germany.

Cmon guys, give me your dampfnudel and kopytka-tier unknown food

Bigos. Mandatory on a christmas table.

Attached: bigos.jpg (1024x768, 93K)

Contribute and dont derail. Alternatively you can show me how far you butchered the recipes your ancestors brought with them

Bigos is like national-food-tier-known here

Post your recipe for it though

low number of replys just shows that majority of Veeky Forums doesnt even cook or know anything about food

i have no recipe, i eyeball everything
around half of a fresh cabbage
same-ish amount of sauerkraut
onions and carrots, more onions, you can make do with like one large carrot
at least three types of meat + bacon, one of which is sausage - if you can get wild game, great, if not, just get some beef, sausage and poultry. sausage should be of the harder type
some mushrooms(stuff like portobello, chanterelle, penny buns, bay boletes), preferably dried
prunes
salt, pepper, allsspice, bay leaf

cabbage and sauerkraut into pot, brown meat on pan, put into pot, brown onions on meat juices and add too, top with what is left over, maybe add some water, season to taste, leave on low for 2 hours stirring occasionally, leave overnight, reheat and eat. DO NOT eat immediately after cooking.
Bigos isn't a dish with a recipe - every family does something different, every region has something special in it. You don't have to make it down to the letter, that's the beauty of it.

Spotted the american.
Post more """unknown""" recipes

This sounded rude, didnt mean to have it do so
what did you eat today

There's a butcher near me where you can get "Boudin". It's not at all boudin, I have no fucking clue what to call it but that shit is amazing. It's like they tried to make actual Boudin more German but instead of realizing it was at one point basically blotwurst, they went in a totally different direction and it ended up being some kind of german / new orleans / midwest bastardization.

I only very recently found out people don't put cranberry sauce on turkey sandwiches outside new england, how am I supposed to know what people do and do not cook in their countries? Everything I cook is pretty normal to me.

I was asking for dishes little known outside of their places of origin, basically meaning post traditional food of your country thats not like
>hungary: goulash
>germany: schnitzel
>italy: pizza
known

Also, come out of your holes you yugos, i know you got some food ill like

everything bavarian

bar.wikipedia org/wiki/Listn_vo_boarische_Speisn

>svickova

Sviečková

It is called interpunction, use it user.

You should be saying, "Congrats on being a decendant of the only immigrants who made a lasting peace treaty with native americans that's never been broken since it was established nearly 200 years ago. And yes, my family has 100% german bloodlines.

is gud

Im usually just as much as a sperg as you when it comes to that, but i barely remembered its name

>pic
do people really eat that much meat in a typical meal? That's literally nothing.

Attached: ken sama.jpg (600x800, 55K)

Meat yes, sidedishes no. I eat half a pound of meat maximum per day, maybe a little bit of sausage on my bread additionally

>I eat half a pound of meat maximum per day
Are you Indian or something

wtf is wrong with you

I only eat the sausage on my breakfast bread on weekdays, real meat only comes on my table when its weekend. You either dont pay for your own food and/or you dont value meat enough

>Preiselbeeren

Lingonberry.

For me, it's the McChicken

in the front is just savoury spiced and cooked red cabbage. Called Rotkohl. Or Blaukraut if the areas soil has a more base-level pH value

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I eat meat every day that I feel like it because I don't live in poverty

Thanks user
Better create your own thread and shit up the catalog with that instead of my thread
Was hat die Bodenbeschaffenheit mit dem örtlichen Dialekt zu tun?
Learn to value what you shove in your greasy face you brat. Something had to give its life so you can have some tendies like the child you are

Life has no inherent value, and something has to die whether you're eating vegetables or flesh. I spend 50 hours a week suffering for money and if I want to come home to beef bourguignon instead of rice then fuck you I will. Don't pretend you're some moral authority just because you've got your head up your ass.

this is what i grew up with, it is delish

Attached: SAM_3029.jpg (639x580, 43K)

I dont, funny to see youre only living for work though, all that money is of no use when you cant enjoy life with it. You gotta realise that if everyone lifed your lifestyle wed have a big problem, user.

..and that is?

porkroll
It's like a sausage, but you slice it into medallions and fry it on a pan. It's a breakfast food

Attached: Pork-roll.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

salmon loaf made with tinned salmon and creamed peas.

America or far eastern europe? You seem to have a poor sausage variety where you live. What do you eat aside it?
Id like your recipe

can of salmon
2 eggs
sriracha
pepper
salt
slice of bread
onion

open can
drain salmon juice
soak bread in salmon juice and knead it until it falls apart
add eggs
add pepper salt
add mushed salmon
add chopped onion
mix everything well
bake in greased casserole dish

it should be like a meat load when its done

creamed peas are just peas in bechael

>sauerbraten
>unknown outside of your country or region
It's popular throughout America. You are confused.
I put cranberry sauce on turkey sandwiches, and I live in Illinois. You are also confused.

Thank you, sounds interesting
Looks like you didnt drink enough nestle life(c)TM with your organical grass fed beef aside those stir fried veggies from the farmers market william, dehydration must make people dump their shit opinion on an austrian basket weaving forum, please unplug your wifi

Please show me which opinion I dumped. As far as I can tell, my post is 100% objective facts. It is an objective fact that people know about sauerbrauten throughout the US, and that people outside of New England put cranberry sauce on turkey sandwiches. Prove me wrong.

>Illinois
Is this considered a flyover state?

Attached: image.jpg (333x499, 64K)

Looks like slop.
Same with this.

>austrian basket weaving forum
As an internet anthropologist, I'd like to draw attention to a characteristic that's nearly universal in the style of writing commonly found on Reddit(formally known as Typographical Attributes of the Reddit Demographic, hereafter referred to as TARD). Most people recognize excessive puns and self indulgent "cleverness" in place of actual humor as being a part of the TARD posting style, along with smug superiority and virtue signalling. The quirk in the quote above - restating common words in an overly technical way in order to make an ordinary activity sound ridiculous - does not seem to receive the same amount of attention as a reliable TARD indicator, even though it demonstrates those main qualities that define TARD posters. Such constructions belie not only a sense of superiority towards whoever the post addresses, but also a desire to convey how much intelligence and knowledge the TARD poster possesses. Combined with the absolute absence of humor, this type of post is as TARD as TARD can be.

I used to go to college in Bloomington, Illinois, which is basically the same city as Normal(they're right next to each other and there's no buffer zone between them). Yes, we are a flyover state except for Chicago, which is a fly into and them immediately out of city.

Wait are you surprised they eat that much or that little?

That's just mortadella.

Maybe enjoy that sauerbrauten with some schnizel or konigsbergs' klopses and your life saving medication
You cant even spell it right because your fat fingers hit several characters at once, you might wanna talk to you fellow mutt
who cant appreciate non-processed food, alternatively
wants to share some cold pasta with you.

He thinks of this as a childs portion, maybe that is why half his country cant digest vegetables and is on insuline

Sorry, i love you
what country

also
back to the thread please

Poppyseed cake.
The way my mom makes it it contains no flour at all.

Attached: tort makowy.jpg (800x600, 304K)

Germans are so fucking autistic, holy shit. This is now a pizza thread. Dumping pizza pics.

Attached: potato-pizza-10899-1.jpg (759x506, 79K)

This is a Sam's Club pizza. Thoughts?

Attached: sams-club-pizzajpg-2449cd24abcdc3a8.jpg (1600x1074, 233K)

In Scotland, they deep fry pizza. Isn't that interesting?

Attached: scottish-deep-fried-pizza-05-500.jpg (500x375, 41K)

A lobster pizza. Wacky, huh?

Attached: lobster_pizza.jpg (640x261, 41K)

Frozen pizza, for convenience.

Attached: Home-Run-Inn-Pizza-1024x1001.jpg (1024x1001, 238K)

Family meal pizza with salad and soda.

Attached: monicals_pizza.jpg (1024x546, 189K)

A deep dish go za

Attached: catering-pizza-large.jpg (900x679, 141K)

A deep dish roit za

Attached: 20170216-detroit-style-pizza-43-1500x1125.jpg (1500x1125, 527K)

Recipe please
>unpeeled garlic cloves
looks soggy
they must suffer severe autism for cutting pizza like that

now stop shitting my thread, trash the catalog

again, cutting confirms for autism
How does one screw up such a simple dish so hard

I hope you get a stroke user, sincerely, now leave my thread alone

pizza margherita from Naples

Attached: 20081021-motorino-marg.jpg (500x333, 73K)

In Japan, they put corn and mayonnaise on their pizza! Isn't the interesting?

Attached: download (14).jpg (298x169, 22K)

Better, too much cheese and too thick dough though

BBQ chicken pizza from CPK

Attached: bbq-chicken-pizza-recipe-taste-and-tell1-605x405.jpg (605x405, 89K)

Also Chatka Puchatka. A dessert made from petit beurre cookies, sweet quark and cocoa. I have no idea if it's known or popular abroad since I don't even know what it could be called in other languages.

Attached: chatka-baby-jagi-3.jpg (550x822, 163K)

pepperoni pizza

Attached: download (15).jpg (316x159, 9K)

pepperoni and beef pizza

Attached: pizza_trad_pepperonibeef.png (1538x776, 502K)

cheese pizza (inb4 v&)

Attached: authentic-new-york-pizza.089cd28a335e19c3e282c99dc41622ed.jpg (1200x1200, 194K)

another pepperoni pizza

Attached: pizza_trad_pepperoni.png (1538x776, 437K)

Sweet, got a good recipe for that one?
This one looks good, theyre easy to screw up though, chicken goes from pink in the middle to ripping open your mouth real quick
Breddy disgusting
keep trying
i hope its made with some of that good american cheese

pizza margherita

Attached: Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg (1024x768, 642K)

pineapple pizza
No, I will not stop posting every single google image result for "pizza" until the bump limit is reached.

Attached: c700x420.jpg (700x420, 102K)

>cheese pizza
We call that a margarita in first world countries.
Cheese is a default on pizza.
:)

i'll bet that pork roll tastes good on the bun

Supreme pizza

Attached: maxresdefault (21).jpg (1600x900, 224K)

>No, I will not stop posting every single google image result for "pizza" until the bump limit is reached.
Glad you're not wasting your life, user.

some kind of gross vegetarian pizza

Attached: landscape-1492014161-delish-deep-dish-cauliflower-pizza-1.jpg (1600x800, 196K)

white pizza

Attached: pizza_trad_alfredo.png (1538x776, 494K)

Have fun wasting your free time, i am going to sleep now. Cant have nice things on here because of people like you

everyone else participate and enjoy the thread while you still can

another supreme pizza

Attached: pizza.jpg (1920x1200, 434K)

krautfag btfo, maybe you should be nicer to people in the future. also, sauerbraten isn't unknown outside of Germany
Pepperoni Pizza Cheese Ball

Attached: pepperoni-pizza-cheese-dip-9a-700x690.jpg (700x690, 142K)

PIZZA

Attached: pizza.56599b52f02ac502703bd635d8513fea.jpg (575x267, 41K)

I think this pizza looks odd. Don't you?

Attached: 101-pizza.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

is a pizza inside a burger inside a pizza a sandwich?

Attached: Pizza-Inside-A-Burger.jpg (1796x1125, 883K)

bbq pork pizza

Attached: kansas-city-bbq-pizza-three-quarte.png (1538x776, 2.09M)

Another odd looking pizza, don't you think?

Attached: 62445.jpg (500x500, 46K)

blog pizza

Attached: 2-ingredient-pizza-dough-weight-watchers-9.jpg (640x428, 122K)

>he doesn't understand that filters exist
Retard.
Goodbye.

Attached: image.jpg (320x240, 23K)

tomato bread

Attached: pizza-recipe.jpg (670x970, 126K)

>sauerbraten is the same as as pepperoni
Retard
Retard
Retard

sad tomato bread

Attached: tomatobread1.jpg (285x285, 33K)

nobody said that. learn reading comprehension.
this one is a small baked tomato thing

Attached: mod-pizza-mad-dog-e1479167997381.png (248x254, 123K)

someone took a slice

Attached: tomatobread2.jpg (1024x475, 142K)

olives and other stuff

Attached: tomatobread3.jpg (2560x1600, 713K)

Do you put pepper on yours? I don't.

Attached: tomatobread4.jpg (1200x800, 139K)

Attached: tomatobread5.png (532x290, 65K)

Attached: stuff.jpg (2322x1382, 953K)

Attached: food.jpg (1920x1200, 327K)