The height of Denver's culinary contributions is a hamburger wrapped in a tortilla and covered in baby vomit

>the height of Denver's culinary contributions is a hamburger wrapped in a tortilla and covered in baby vomit
Tell me why I should respect Denver as a food city.

Attached: mexican-hamburger.jpg (696x357, 31K)

SLOP

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Denver referred to as a food city.

Zagat did just a few months ago

Attached: denverfood.png (1273x1056, 573K)

No one is telling you to respect Denver as a food city you fucking retard

see

>reading Zagat

Attached: this bitch.png (275x659, 369K)

They said that nobody refers to Denver as a food city. I posted a major food publication that did just that.

>Denver
>omelet

The Denver omelette isn't from Denver. I bet you think Coney dogs are from New York, too.

Comet island dogs are from Coney island in NY

Coney dogs are from Detroit, retard.

>He thinks Coney Island is in Detriot

Attached: 1500945481317.jpg (540x472, 54K)

Okay, you got me. Good bait user.

while it is true that Coney Island, NYC is the birthplace of the American hotdog, a "Coney dog" is a Detroit invention made by Greek immigrants who passed through Ellis Island and probably discovered hotdogs for the first time in Coney Island. They named their version of the hotdog (covered with a sweeter version of chili people from Ohio will also recognize) after Coney Island to make it seem more American as many new immigrants did to try and assimilate into their new communities better. So by convention a Coney dog or just a Coney is a dish created and spread by greek immigrants in Detroit who used the name as a marketing gimmick and a Coney Island hotdog is the original iteration of the American hotdog available in NYC. So it seems to me that if you're in the midwest it's generally understood that a coney is some sort of chili dog but in the east it probably makes you think of Nathan's or something but honestly I've never heard anyone pine away for a coney island hotdog specifically. Dirty water hotdogs maybe

Attached: Cincinnati3way.jpg (1296x778, 544K)

I live in Denver. The food here is ASS. There are like 5 restaurants tops even worth eating at. Even the grocery stores are flyover-esque barren wastelands.
Denver is technically the midwest after all. If you want good food go with Boston, San Fransisco, or NYC. If you want decent food in Denver you need to cook it yourself.

Denver omelette dummy!

>Boston
Why do Bay Staters lie so much about their shitty city?

Boston has great Italian and Portuguese as well as great local seafood, not to mention enough of an elite class to support fine dining

I dunno if I would call it a destination for food but it's probably batting over 300

Taco de Mexico is pretty good and so is busty Gs 44th ave grill but thats not denver it’s a few min West of it though.
Also fuck beaners there is so damn many of the rats. I would gladly stop eating their food if it meant they would leave.

Green chili is the bomb though. Fucking smothered burritos? fuck yeah. And fuck everyone else in this thread that doesnt like em.

If CO is such a shit place for food, do everyone here a favor and go back to your coastal liberal strongholds and enjoy walking around in literal piles shit and needles on the streets. Fags.

I used to work in LODO before I moved to another midwestern shithole. There are plenty of used needles and homeless in Denver.

Green chili is great if prepared well. That said, yeah the Denver Metro area is short on good restaurants because immigrants (Asians and beaniggers) and coastal trash flooded the market. All that's in demand here are Mexican restaurants and Chinese places selling slop for a dollar a scoop. Add in coastie roasties refusing to try local cuisine, and you get pocket deserts of chain restaurants surrounded by oceans of trash run by people who barely speak English.

t. Works in a chain restaurant, ask me anything

Who runs Denver? Hmmm its almost like theres a pattern....

Yeah, and there are plenty of red states that have rural areas so impoverished that they need to have medical tents set up by the red cross to provide them with basic health services. Politicians are shit, both Democrat and Republican.
There are some bomb Vietnamese places on Federal.