USA vs Europe

Which one is the superior?

Attached: 1506988051326.png (865x436, 549K)

The ones on the right look way more delicious.

isn't it Europe on the left though. At least that's how the local berries look like over here.

The ones on the left have a more intense taste and color. So the left one (Europe) is superior.
The large american ones are only good for garnishing.

The one on the left looks more like what I get at the farm market and the right looks more like a grocery store variety. Could be wrong though. I assume left is wild or something? Never really thought too hard about blueberries.

Left looks like they would mix better into batters and dough. The ones on the right look ideal for snacking.

Left are wild blueberries and the right are just shit in comparison. If you've only ever had the ones on the right do yourself a favor and get some wild blueberries.

>right looks more like a grocery store variety
Finland here, i dont think i've EVER seen berries like that even on our markets.
Generally people here are really vary of berries and fruits that are "too big" thinking there's clearly something gmo/wrong in them and i cant blame them as there usually is or atleast the taste is bland.

frozen blueberries are the best

silly question, europe ofcourse
both are found in europe, at least in finland

We have them here in Sweden, sold both fresh and frozen. They don't come close to the native wild blueberries. So you're not missing anything.

This, it's just wild v. farmed. Wild are great

THANK YOU

The smaller ones are usually sweeter so I would choose those

for me, it's the wild ones from Canada. you can find them at Trader Jooz for best price. i also got good deal at food4less (a subsidiary of krogers).
wild bluets actually have intense flavor.

the big fat ones they grow in S.America and USA have a sort of...light sweet flavor but not intense blueberry flavor. you want real shit you gotta go wild. always.

Left have more intense flavour that pops, great for sauces. Right have that grapey/peachy texture that makes then more substantial for snacking.

amerimutt here...yes, it's true. Bigger fruit are heavily GMO or just fucked with via conventional farming (too much fertilizer and water), so they lack fragrance, taste, flavor, everything.

bite into an organic red apple versus conventional one, huge difference.

in general:
Wild > Organic > Conventional > GMO >Nothing

poorfags buy GMO and conventional because, well, it's "better than nuffin."

the smaller the fruit, the more nutrients and better taste

I want thicc muffins

You mean blueberry juice?

Well, I agree with your idea about most amerilard fruit and veg, but where I pick my blueberries they use no pesticides or herbicides just a 14-28-14 fertilizer and they aren't GMO just selective breeding.

Attached: 20170707_115035.jpg (2048x1152, 1.67M)

Left have more flavor

>bigger = tastes better
found the murican

Does it really matter if you're just going to blend them into your morning green super-food chai smoothie?

Attached: foodie.jpg (1023x1023, 144K)

The left ones are common in the US as well.

I had small ones like that from Canada and they were fucking amazing. The big ones usually have shit mushy texture and lack flavor.

Attached: happy_day1A.jpg (639x425, 284K)

>does it really matter if you're just going to chew them up with your teeth instead of swallowing them whole?

Are you telling me the mainland USA has no wild berries? Is it too hot for them?

Attached: 1412520080516.jpg (600x431, 146K)

>Late summer
>Go for a walk in the Finnish forest
>Sit down in the shadow of the forest canopy and eat a ton of blueberries
>No one around for a few kilometers

I love this country.

>Finland here, i dont think i've EVER seen berries like that even on our markets.

They're found in the freezer as pensasmustikka, and sold unfrozen in the summer as well.

They're both part of the Vaccinium family. I wonder if that has any connection with the medical term Vaccine.

>Is it too hot for them?
It's too healthy for them.