Paella

whys this shit so hard to cook? It either has too much water and becomes risotto or the rice gets burnt as fuck

fuck

Attached: paella 1.jpg (500x545, 163K)

im too hungry to give a shit, tastes like risotto senpai

Attached: paella 2.jpg (499x625, 137K)

Practice. You're probably inexperienced at cooking rice in general. Fortunately, rice is cheap. You should practice just making plain rice and yellow rice made with annatto instead of saffron. Once you're confident you can tell how done rice is, your ratios, and how long you should cook it, then you are ready to attempt paella. It's really not difficult, but rice is one of the hardest things to learn how to cook over the internet or through a cookbook, because you really need to just observe what it's like under your own kitchen conditions before you can understand.

I realised how I fucked up. I put twice the amount of needed rice into the paella, so it took extra time+water to cook, resulting in a rice cooker style cooking, making the rice at the bottom stick to the pan, preventing the heat to distribute evenly. The paella tasted fine, but I know how to fix this next time. At least it is edible.

clean your mussels next time you pig

theres way too much going on in that pan
try cooking paella with just one or two meats, chorizo and squid is my favourite

Chorizo in paella

Arroz con cosas

>risotto
>burnt
You clearly don't understand temperature control. There are settings other than 'high' for a reason.

Nice looking paella, OP. Much better than the one I had in Valencia two years ago.

You stirred it. That's like the #1 rule, holy shit.

Some people like to put it into the oven to remove some of the moisture

It's because of the condoms you added in there. Try it without next time.

I'm making paella too, Veeky Forums, wish me luck!

Attached: Paella ExRem.jpg (2560x1920, 1.5M)

Wa la!

Attached: Paella 2.jpg (2560x1920, 1.27M)

>cooking it with the shell
You don't deserve to succeed anyway.

>Arròs amb coses
kys

You're supposed to burn it

I love eating the slightly burned rice at the bottom
Just too good

What did you expect u faggo, you dont know how to make it because you need to make it a lot of times. Its like tortilla española, you need practice, so get to do more paellas.

Also the burnt rice its "socarrat" and its godly, dont avoid it.

Om nom nom

Attached: Paella 3.jpg (2560x1920, 1.53M)

I had a girlfriend that would boil a cup of rice in like 8 cups of water then drain it like pasta. Absolutely terrible. I made it clear that I would do the cooking. Also made scrambled eggs that were simultaneously burnt and undercooked because she always set the flame too high. Or once tried to make baked salmon fillets and they were so dry and had literally no seasoning or salt or anything.