How do you prepare your instant ramen?

how do you prepare your instant ramen?
just made a pack and a half of this, cooked it in some vegetable stock further flavored with onion, garlic, ginger, black pepper, chili powder, allspice, nutmeg, cumin, cinnamon, soy sauce, and about half a pack of the ramen seasoning. so damn good, very flavorful and all the spices are really warming

Attached: 81+2i1EwSmL._SX522SX522_SY406_CR,0,0,522,406_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_SX522_SY406_CR,0,0,522,406_SH2 (522x406, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eqkz6dX-OTE
concentratecookcreate.blogspot.com/2018/03/japanese-soy-egg-shoyu-tamago-shoyu.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

come on, I know some of you fat broke fucks like this stuff too

Bean sprouts, a medium boiled egg. Crumble some dried black fungus, then re-hydrated with a bit of Squid sauce & water. Throw in a spoonful of miso bean paste, half teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds. To top it off take some shredded nori sheets on top of the noddles.
>I take notes at the local ramen bar

I like bean sprouts, miso and sesame, but I'm not a huge fan of eggs or seaweed. also, that reminds me, I added a pinch of dried shiitake mushrooms to my soup, and fried the onions/garlic/ginger in sesame oil

i'm down to like my last pack before i switch to mung bean noodles for good, but i'm going to keep using the same ingredients:

soup appropriate leftovers are priority (for example, fajita leftovers are amazing - chicken/steak/shrimp, loads of onions)

sausage/kielbasa (freezes well)
frozen vegetables (peas, broccoli, collard/mustard greens)
fresh vegetables (carrots, onions, shallots, jalapenos, garlic)
couple spoonfuls of salsa
an egg at the end, stirred through a few times so the whites cook but the yolk stays intact

a little soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, or both in the bowl i'm going to pour it into

topped with whatever i have on hand, hot sauce, a spoonful of sour cream, right now i have some freeze dried vegetables to sprinkle on

ultimately i comb through my fridge, freezer, and pantry to find whatever looks like it might work at that particular moment and roll with it. i used to mix a little masa and heavy cream to really thicken it up. sometimes i stir in a little powdered gelatin to cheat and give it a silky texture like real stock. lots and lots and lots of shit to do with just a pot of noodles.

think I may add some carrots and frozen peas next time, thanks m8. maybe also the meats if I can afford them

tip for the egg, sometimes I cook the noodles, drain them and toss in a raw egg for a quick and dirty carbonara my personal favorite ramen though is the ones you can find pretty much only at the asian market. y'know the ones, they've got like two seasoning packets, a veggie packet, an oil packet and a chili oil packet. haven't found them in a long time though. I used to get them at a little korean market when I was in texas

Break up pasta into pieces while in packet
Boil for a minute and drain water
Mix seasoning packet in
Add corn or mixed veg
Add ketchup
Done.

I don't understand why people break the noodles up, at least not if they're actually going to cook them. raw, one wants smaller pieces, but cooked the texture is better when the noodles are long

I just like add a shit ton of spice and garlic after cooking it normally. maybe a bit of ham or something if I'm in the mood.

I prefer to add my flavorings to the broth as it's cooking, then add the noodles. that way, the flavors meld together and soak into the noodles properly

The one off of Lamar right by Manna restaurant?

Post hands.

nah, my hands are fucked honestly. ingrown nails are a bitch

Pasta?

Stop waiting and hurry up and kill yourself you longhaired alcoholic attention whore tripfag

My mother was the oddest creature. She used to make in a pan if we got hungry around lunch but would drain almost all the water and add just over half the seasoning packet so the noodles were somewhat sticky but somewhat individual too, with no broth.

Very easy to pick up with a fork, doesn't feel dry in the mouth. Not overly salty. It's oddly pleasing. Maybe slightly firmer than the texture of an oyster but with the flavor of instant ramen. Experiment, it's cheap anyways.

I use green onions, white onions, mushrooms, steak, jalapeno or habenero, bok choy, sprouts, and cilantro.

>put in bowl
>cover with water
>microwave 3 min
>add 1/2 spice packet

I made a pack of Oriental last night with some celery and bulgogi that my old Korean neighbor marinated for me for shoveling her driveway. Added some minced garlic and onion, soy sauce, half of the seasoning packet, and some Chinese spicy pepper paste shit.

I'm new into this ramen world, and about to make one right now. I've been searching around for more ways to make it.

Also is it good to add seasonings in the boiled water, and then add the noodles to cook, or first cook the noodles, drain water and then add seasonings.

Also this way with the egg being added also interests me.

>Also is it good to add seasonings in the boiled water, and then add the noodles to cook, or first cook the noodles, drain water and then add seasonings.

Depends, I always drain first, but some like to infuse flavors in the noodles. Traditionally they are drained then added to a broth.
As for the eggs you can either do them egg drop style or medium boil them, cut them in half and add them.

Attached: tasty.meme.no.7186996.jpg (1282x1774, 855K)

> Chicken flavor
> Soy sauce and sriracha
> frozen vegetables and some chicken
> 2 Eggs
> Noodles
> Flavor packet
> Black pepper
Bretty good

this guy gets it.
op has autism
all the other posters in this thread fuck their moms

Boil two eggs in the water until it solidifies. Then throw in the ramen and everything in the packet. It infuses the flavor better. Then I throw in some tapatio.

>People wanting quality and flavor piss me off
What's it like being 14 in the modern age? This is why I don't feel bad that kids are getting shot up

Attached: 1520926900420.jpg (960x720, 68K)

i cook ramen with milk

Always add chicken stock.

Attached: umami.png (773x1399, 801K)

>boil water
>pour over ramen and broth packet
Wa la, you've made instant ramen

Attached: 1519617067788.jpg (800x598, 88K)

You people are all fucking nuts. Why don't you use all those fancy ingredients and your amazing cooking skills to make something that's not a 20 cent packet of dorm food?

>crush noodles in packet into little bits
>open top of packet and take seasoning
>pour the seasoning into the bag and shake well
>eat the dry seasoned noodles

obligatory

Attached: 1513753529463.png (1346x4986, 3.28M)

Literally just made maruchan beef ramen like 20 min. ago. It came out tasting like corn. Never had this happen before.

A good recipe to follow is this though: youtube.com/watch?v=Eqkz6dX-OTE

Add a can of Cream of Mushroom.

33 posts and I'm the first one in...y'all honkeys be lazy porch niggas.

Attached: how_to_be_a_cracka.jpg (1000x3400, 614K)

>Pic Related
>Chicken Stock
>Tbs of Butter
>Frozen Peas
Creamy Chicken Ramen is BEST ramen.

Attached: creamy_chicken_ramen_is_best_ramen.png (496x361, 336K)

that is really nice guide, thanks

Why does everyone always think they're so creative for adding meat and vegetables to ramen? Every time someone says it they act like they're the first person to ever do it.

Attached: confused banana.png (500x500, 192K)

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Jus remmber ll these whiteys and slopes never done shit for ya, took a nigga like me to post that shit. An get a stew pot with a a hamhock goin on tha stove for a day, that shitll fix your ramen right up.

HONKEY

Picante chicken ramen, half flavor packet, garlic, soy sauce, furikake, butter, sriracha, an egg, and smoked salmon

Attached: 1470805840535.png (512x512, 308K)

Chop that shit up, user.

samson with all respect i say this to everyone
IT'S JUST SOME FUCKING NOODLES YOU DIPSHIT

FUKKEN CRAKA

pardon me?
i don't think you did anything to challenge my argument
in fact you yourself are likely a fukken craka

I cut with scissors after cooked

Lissen white boy, youve the one be so gods on some noodles and we jus helpen out, irish stew fukker.

Attached: Cottage Cheese and jam.jpg (2448x3264, 2.24M)

Honestly the best way to prepare instant ramen is to make your own broth and throw out the flavor packet. Then you slow roast a little pork, make a couple soy eggs and also chop up some green onion. A little pickled veg and some garlic oil and you're set.

Well, you can do a lot with this stuff.

Attached: healthy-chicken-ramen-bowl-fg.jpg (680x453, 60K)

>soy sauce
>sriracha
>sesami chili oil
>mix spice packet with basically all the spices you listed
>water
>stick it in the microwave

Currently simmering dashi until dinner. Shrimp shells, water, chicken broth and base, sesame oil, butter, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, ginger, roasted seaweed, spinach, corn, and young red bell pepper. I also pair my ramen with soft boiled custardy soy egg, recipe here: concentratecookcreate.blogspot.com/2018/03/japanese-soy-egg-shoyu-tamago-shoyu.html

Attached: 6ed4e7d075f7ad0f271c89e8af4f87b51456662223_full.jpg (640x360, 80K)

How do I make the ULTIMATE FLAVOR EXPERIENCE (TM), Veeky Forums?

Attached: cupnoodles1.jpg (1400x785, 379K)

So its the best to cook it with just the seasonings that come in the package?

I cook the noodles with a bunch of spices then pour them into a bowl with the packet, stir, and let rest for a bit before consuming.

Whatever way is quickest.

Attached: quick lunch Corp Job.gif (400x221, 1021K)

crushed in a bowl, filled to noodle-level with water, and sprinkle some crushed pepper on it before microwaving, then mixing in flavor packed when it's done because I'm a lazy shit who can't cook

>the asian girl under the Oriental flavor

makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it

I want to punch whoever wrote this.

just had one of these for the first time

how bad's my next shit going to hurt?

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (500x482, 63K)

How much water did you drink or leave in the sauce? Water washes the spicy sauce straight to your ass before your body can break it down.

Should be good then cause I drained almost all of it

Dont break it up.. Add just enough water to cook the noodles and make it easy to stir in the spices and shit. Dont cook it too long.. cook fast and hot.

Other than that just add what you want.. Youll get a knack of it after a while. Theres no specific recipes.. Sometimes i like spicy, sometimes i like salty.. try everything you have on hand.. sauces, spices, other foods, other ingredients, leftovers. Sometimes very unlikely things go well with certain flavors like mustard, dill, parsley.. the list goes on.

I have NEVER made top ramen that is anything more than just ok.. never great. Its shit to begin with and all you can do is make it a little better.

facts

stop trying to be chef making some ramen noodles

>boil water
>pour it on the ramen
>let it sit for 3 min
>add spicy chicken mix, sriracha, some carrots and peas
>eat

>enter thread
>some wise guy posted a pick of my old room for no real reason

Anyway I buy discounted mushrooms, slice 'em thin and salt them, they'll macerate as you mince garlic, ginger, and slice whatever peppers you prefer (had serranos today). Soft boil an egg just under what you'd usually prefer, put it all in a bowl with lime, fish sauce, cilantro and your standard ramen and spice packet.
Cover in boiling water.
Throw in random leftovers you don't want to rot if you want.

Attached: atdesk.png (497x665, 553K)

boil noodles, drain all (or some) liquid, add to noodles: hot pepper powder or hot pepper oil, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, blac pepper, garlic and ginger powder, chopped greeen onions. throw out flavor packet of course.

>boil some water
>once boiling
>crack an egg and stir it (egg soup)
>put in bit of sauce(1/2 packet)
>stir
>put in 2 ramen packs neatly so its compact
>close the lid
>turn off the heat
>let the remnant of the heated surface work it out for the next minute or two
>drain out 60% of the liquid (carefully so eggs dont fall out)
>put bit of sri racha, mayo, 1 sliced cheese
>mix those with ramen

>buy chicken ramen
>saute onion garlic and chilis
>add carrots (diced small)
>add water and seasoning and bring to boil.
>add chopped broccoli and noodles
>cook until noodles are done
some chili p or cayenne helps if the chilis werent too hot.