They say there's only one way to eat a brace of coneys, but you ever done it...

They say there's only one way to eat a brace of coneys, but you ever done it? Rabbit stew seems like an adventurers meal, but I must admit it seems a little uncouth somehow regardless. What's it like?

Attached: rabbit-stew-mushrooms-horiz-a-1200.jpg (1200x820, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tularemia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

talk english

what movie did you just watch faggot
if rabbit is adventurous to you maybe you should leave your basement dipshit

I've never had rabbit but have read somewhere that Squirrel is very similar. I HAVE had squirrel, and it was very good. Has anyone here tried both and can confirm?

That looks fucking delicious

similar in the way that they're both quite gamey and lean. as far as i know squirrel is just as lean if not moreso than rabbit but i still like it a lot more. shame it's hard to get any if you don't hunt it yourself.

Coney island hotdogs?

On the bright side, it's one of the easiest things to get into hunting. I live 4 miles from downtown Boston but am still able to go squirrel hunting 3-4 times a year. It's actually wonderful how little preparation goes into it compared to other kinds of hunting that require scouting/decoys

First, stop talking like a twat. Second, it's just fucking rabbit. Literally trash meat.

Attached: coneys.jpg (646x485, 114K)

>uncouth
Did you even know what that meant before deciding to use it?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! STUPID FAT HOBBIT!!! HE RUINS IT!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8

That said cajun rabbit stew is amazing.

>Rabbit stew seems like an adventurers meal, but I must admit it seems a little uncouth somehow regardless

Attached: shrekdora.jpg (353x334, 18K)

Is there a legit timeframe for squirrel or rabbit hunting? Been thinking of grabbing a .22 and going for it

I live in MA and there's a legally defined squirrel season, check your state's fish and wildlife dept. Personally I find a shotgun to be a lot easier to use but that's because I'm not stealthy and have to basically skeet shoot them out of the treetops.

lel

Somebody told me pigeon tastes like chicken

Rabbits are friends, not food.

Attached: bunnies-2.jpg (1536x1044, 705K)

Generally you don't want to hunt wild rabbits in warm months because they're full of parasites. Cold weather kills off the ones that are too sick, and kills off at least some of the vermin that infest their fur.

You also need to inspect them for signs of disease before eating them, in particular tularemia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tularemia

Well I kind of want to practice shooting anyway. I'm not desperate for meat, but it'd be a nice bonus
Thanks for the heads up. Are squirrels just as bad? Or would they be a safer bet? I have a shit load of both around me so i dont care

I don't think so, rabbits have several nasty habits like eating their own poop that squirrels don't share.