English man here, been staying in the US...

English man here, been staying in the US, and I gotta say I never understood the whole sandwich obsession you guys have and hardly ever ate sandwiches in my daily life. However, I have to say, this BLT is fantastic...I've basically become addicted to the, the mouthfeel is just perfect the the ingredients perfectly compliment one another.

So, in honor of this greatest of inventions, a BLT thread. How do you like yours? I like my bacon a little crispy, mayo on both pieces of toasted bread, and seasoned with black pepper.

Attached: BLT.jpg (517x437, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

foodtimeline.org/foodsandwiches.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Add Avacado to make a BLAT. Even better tbqh imo.

>sandwich
>mouthfeel
What the heck

Triple decker, pound of bacon well cooked, mayo on all pieces of toast, thick tomato, romaine lettuce and white cheddar cheese.

Thick sliced bacon, thick sliced tomato, baby spinach or arugula instead of lettuce, mayo, lightly toasted sourdough.

Mayonnaise, sharp dry goat cheese, romaine, slightly crisp bacon, ripe tomatoes, romaine, stone ground mustard on the other side. Good quality white or potato bread.

>blat
you retard, you add GUACAMOLE and its called an LGBT. kill yourself you worthless fucking dipshit, I hope you get hit by a bus.

Oh, and its spelled AVOCADO, you fucking moron.

>English man here

Don't you guys put everything on bread too? Including fucking french fries and toasted pieces of bread?

I like mine with Baldersons double smoked cheddar, thick cut hickory bacon, butter leaf lettuce, light mustard mayo and thinly sliced beefsteak tomatoes on toasted thick cut sour dough.

Is America really obsessed with sandwiches? I’m pretty sure I ate sandwiches all over Europe.

Oh you mean panini? Silly American.

Sounds like a good reason for him to dislike sandwiches.

Crispy bacon, toasted white, lettuce, tomato, and miracle whip.
No pepper, no cheese, no avocado, nothing else.

A BLT done right is the king of sandwiches. The most important aspect of the sandwich is QUALITY TOMATO. It's got to have a thick, smoked bacon, a nice ratio of mayo, BUTTERLEAF LETTUCE ONLY, a nice multigrain bread and the dankest in season summer tomato you can get.

GOAT

>you’re so stupid
>you’re supposed to add a completely different ingredient and mess up the letters even more

Yeah, that’s one kind of sandwich.

>English
Pretends to not know
>The Earl of Sandwich

Look at the projecting faggot. I hope you get aids and die.

Yes, the BLT is an incredible sandwich. Probably the best imo.

no

mouthfeel / texture whatever faggot

never tried the triple decker but you have my attention.

interested.. I do prefer spinach in most aplications I feel that the iceburg lettuce adds the moisture that you need with all the fats.. I would try it though.

yup

everything sounds nice but the cheddar... why the fuck do you need to add more fat? I don't get it.

as for me.. I think it's hard to beat the simple blt and that's what makes it the greatest sandwich. Kenji Lopez makes the best BLT video and I think it is worth watching for reference. If I feel real dirty I will fry the toast in the bacon fat but unless I'm really craving it, it's not worth it.

Attached: 1510038045515.jpg (450x600, 71K)

You had me until miracle whip. I've never really played with it but I am 95% sure it is trash and I don't want sweet shit on my BLT

yup

good sandwich
have a Club everyone once in a while to mix things up

Attached: clubsandwich.jpg (673x447, 71K)

>triple decker
>mayo
>right amount of meat
>frilly party toothpick
>quartered
Good example of a club.

Everyone gives me shit when I make or order one, idgaf, shit is one of the best sandwiches.

Attached: My nigga.jpg (245x206, 6K)

Attached: Mitch7text.jpg (520x272, 49K)

youre a fucking retard.

isn't a blt pretty much the same as your brittish, bacon sarninie?

Miracle whip is just mayo with some seasoning. It’s good.

What the fuck. Have you been living in the wilds or something? BLTs aren't some mystical invention, pretty much every Brit eats them. Its a fucking staple in any British store or cafe.

just like you. SnP on the maters, crispy bacon, light spread of mayo on both pieces of medium-light toasted bread. butter lettuce, romaine or iceberg.

it's not about the fat, in truth I slice the cheese thinly. It's about adding another dimension of smoke flavor.

I'm an european and ate my first PBJ a while a go. Godly.

I'll say I hate the idea less now, but why do you need to add smoke when you already have bacon? Still doesn't seem worth it to me.

Listen up you snaggletooth scurvy bowlegged tommy, you.

Oh sorry, wait, you're not ragging on US? Welcome friend! Yes, the BLT is one of America's greatest gifts to the world, apart from the
>right turn on red
>internal combustion engine
and
>assembly line

So you like it with "Mayo upsie-downsie", "bit-o-heat" and "crunchy hamsies" eh? Patrician choice my friend. For your next excursion, try doing
>Bread-mayo-salt and pepper-lettuce-tomato-bacon-tomato-bacon-lettuce-salt and pepper-bread

cheers

No but they are an example of flavor magic. Like traditional hot wings and blue cheese dressing. Just a simple, yet utterly perfect combination of flavors.

turkey club is god tier

turkey, ham
just saying.
doesn't have to be jewish deli levels of either in there.

>However, I have to say, this BLT is fantastic...I've basically become addicted to the, the mouthfeel is just perfect the the ingredients perfectly compliment one another.
Oh YEAH. A BLT is indeed addictive. I can have one like 3x a week when the tomatoes are ripe and delicious.

Soft bread, doesn't matter if it's white or wheat, but hopefully a little dense, and very fresh. Toast it, lightly.
Cool it 45 seconds so you don't melt your mayo...then hit it with a mayo that is not sweet, such as Duke's. Generously both sides of the sandwich.
Sliced thin or thick, tomatoes on one side, slightly overlapping, and hit them with a sprinkle of salt and cracked pepper.
To the other side you add your lettuce. I like a little butter lettuce, green leaf, red leaf, maybe even shredded iceberg for the bitterness, but you don't slip-sliding big leaves, tear it a bit and stack it to get your coverage.
To the middle, protecting from sogging in the mayo, you put the bacon on the lettuce side, and just before eating close the sandwich up and enjoy the crumbling bacon and that synergy. Thick or thin bacon, doesn't matter, but should be smoky not sugar cured, and no skimping, use 5 slices for a regular sandwich. If a homemade loaf or sider bread, add a couple more slices.

Indeed avocado can be good in one, but i'm mostly a purist. Want to make something crazy good? Restaurant in South Miami makes a good fusion BLT that subs in fried green tomatoes for the tomatoes, and pimento cheese for the mayo. It's great bacon there too Pic is from Whisk.

Attached: pimento cheese fried green tomato.jpg (3000x2000, 353K)

Try with garlic mayo/aioli

I hope you die.

>English man here

ironically, the sandwich was first created for an Englishman who didn't want to be interrupted while playing cards.

foodtimeline.org/foodsandwiches.html

When you go back to the British caliphate, regular tomato sandwiches with pepper and mayo are amazing too. Don't want you to get arrested for Haram food products. Allah is a'waitin, so lose the bacon!

is it ingredients between bread? it's a sandwich.

>turkey
>ham
why not both?

imagine being this mad about avacados

A whole of sandwiches await you. Reubens, turkey+whole grain mustard, footlong tunas...

A club kicks the ass of a BLT any day.

Oatmeal bread × 3
Light layer of mayo on bread sides
Softer end of lettuce on top and bottom
the crunchier end of lettuce in the middle
long sausage halves and bacon strips in-between the lettuce

No tomato because the taste doesn't blend well imo

Potato bread is the best bread for a BLT. Its sadly often overlooked.

I got your footlong tuna right here

>not an MLT

Attached: MLT.jpg (892x480, 30K)

>English man
>hardly ever ate sandwiches in my daily life

You lying cunt.

I've been getting a club on sourdough at the same place for 14 years... Great sandwich

>quality tomatoes

I only eat BLTs in the summer because this ingredient is so important to the process. Cheap bacon wont ruin the sandwich but an out of season ethylene ripened tomato will turn a good sandwich into disappointment

America did not invent the internal combustion engine famalam

I really don't know why you think sandwiches aren't a thing in the UK, the country is fueled by sandwiches

Panini is just Italian for sandwiches, i being plural, you retard.

>I really don't know why you think sandwiches aren't a thing in the UK

It's because he's a LARPing fag.

>using mayo instead of ravigotte sauce
>even coming close to a real BLT

Pick one, fuckmuffins

Jesus, Americans really do take their sandwiches seriously, don't they?

>no tomato

Kill your self.

>I never understood the whole sandwich obsession

Fucking liar, no one is more obsessed about bread than Europeans